/xz, XZ utilities
5.2.3, Package name:
xz-5.2.3, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
LZMA is a general purporse compression algorithm designed by Igor
Pavlov as part of 7-Zip. It provides high compression ratio while
keeping the decompression speed fast.
XZ Utils are an attempt to make LZMA compression easy to use on
free (as in freedom) operating systems. This is achieved by providing
tools and libraries which are similar to use than the equivalents
of the most popular existing compression algorithms.
XZ Utils consist of a few relatively separate parts:
* liblzma is an encoder/decoder library with support for several
filters (algorithm implementations). The primary filter is
* libzfile (or whatever the name will be) enables reading from
and writing to gzip, bzip2 and LZMA compressed and uncompressed
files with an API similar to the standard ANSI-C file I/O.
[ NOTE: libzfile is not implemented yet. ]
* xz command line tool has almost identical syntax than gzip
and bzip2. It makes LZMA easy for average users, but also
provides advanced options to finetune the compression settings.
* A few shell scripts make diffing and grepping LZMA compressed
files easy. The scripts were adapted from gzip and bzip2.
Required to build:
] Package options
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-01-01) Updated to version: xz-5.2.3
- (2015-10-01) Updated to version: xz-5.2.2
- (2015-03-02) Updated to version: xz-5.2.1
- (2014-12-30) Updated to version: xz-5.2.0
- (2014-10-12) Updated to version: xz-5.0.7nb1
- (2014-10-01) Updated to version: xz-5.0.7
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-01-01 09:24:44 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated archivers/xz to 5.2.3
- Always close a file before trying to delete it to avoid
problems on some operating system and file system combinations.
- Fixed copying of file timestamps on Windows.
- Added experimental (disabled by default) sandbox support using
Capsicum (FreeBSD >= 10). See --enable-sandbox in INSTALL.
* C99/C11 conformance fixes to liblzma. The issues affected at least
some builds using link-time optimizations.
* Fixed bugs in the rarely-used function lzma_index_dup().
* Use of external SHA-256 code is now disabled by default.
It can still be enabled by passing --enable-external-sha256
to configure. The reasons to disable it by default (see INSTALL
for more details):
- Some OS-specific SHA-256 implementations conflict with
OpenSSL and cause problems in programs that link against both
liblzma and libcrypto. At least FreeBSD 10 and MINIX 3.3.0
- The internal SHA-256 is faster than the SHA-256 code in
some operating systems.
* Changed CPU core count detection to use sched_getaffinity() on
GNU/Linux and GNU/kFreeBSD.
* Fixes to the build-system and xz to make xz buildable even when
encoders, decoders, or threading have been disabled from libilzma
using configure options. These fixes added two new #defines to
config.h: HAVE_ENCODERS and HAVE_DECODERS.
| 2016-02-25 10:28:37 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (9) |
| 2015-11-03 01:56:27 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (93) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for archivers category
Problems found with existing distfile for eagle:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-10-03 16:57:10 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (1) |
revert previous, should probably be handled in gettext-tools like
| 2015-10-03 14:28:45 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Try to resolve circular dependency between xz and gettext; don't suggest
to enable the nls option by default if gettext is not builtin.
Also, the nls option needs the msg* tools.
| 2015-10-01 07:11:36 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
* Fixed bugs in QNX-specific code.
* Omitted the use of pipe2() even if it is available to avoid
portability issues with some old Linux and glibc combinations.
* Updated German translation.
* Added project files to build static and shared liblzma (not the
whole XZ Utils) with Visual Studio 2013 update 2 or later.
* Documented that threaded decompression hasn't been implemented
yet. A 5.2.0 NEWS entry describing multi-threading support had
incorrectly said "decompression" when it should have said
| 2015-03-02 10:36:25 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) |
* Fixed a compression-ratio regression in fast mode of LZMA1 and
LZMA2. The bug is present in 5.1.4beta and 5.2.0 releases.
* Fixed a portability problem in xz that affected at least OpenBSD.
* Fixed xzdiff to be compatible with FreeBSD's mktemp which differs
from most other mktemp implementations.
* Changed CPU core count detection to use cpuset_getaffinity() on
| 2015-01-06 23:57:58 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Shuffle flags around to make sure that the system liblzma is not picked