/ezstream, Streamming client of mp3 and oggvorbis for icecast
0.6.0, Package name:
ezstream-0.6.0, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
ezstream is a command line utility which is a improved version of the old
"shout" utility. It enables you to stream mp3 or vorbis files to an icecast
server without reencoding and thus requires very little CPU. ezstream is
controlled via a XML config file (a few examples are provided in the conf
ezstream can stream mp3, ogg vorbis, and ogg theora files as well as reading
from stdin. ID3v1 tags are supported in mp3 files and all ogg vorbis tags are
propagated as metadata as well.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-10-14) Updated to version: ezstream-0.6.0
- (2014-10-20) Updated to version: ezstream-0.5.6
- (2013-10-17) Updated to version: ezstream-0.5.4nb2
- (2012-06-14) Updated to version: ezstream-0.5.4nb1
- (2009-07-31) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version ezstream-0.5.4 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-03 02:12:56 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (409) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for audio category
Problems found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these file.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-10-13 20:02:10 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 0.6.0. Changes:
* This release contains a SECURITY FIX for a command injection vulnerability
that was found and reported by Alexandre Rebert:
The previous handling of metadata placeholders allowed for arbitrary shell
commands to be trivially injected and executed as the ezstream user, via
malicious media files.
* This release requires users to ADJUST their CONFIGURATION:
To protect against the injection vulnerability above, metadata is now
properly quoted and escaped from the shell. This means that any extra
quoting must be removed from configuration files.
Remove all quoting from metadata placeholders in <encode/> and \
commands, e.g. replace "@M@" with @M@, and "@T@" with \
@T@, etc. Without
these changes, stream metadata will look both wrong and the injection
vulnerability may be re-introduced.
| 2014-10-20 13:02:53 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
(upsteam) Update 0.5.4 to 0.5.6
Changes in 0.5.6, released on 2009-08-31:
- [NEW] Add and install ezstream-file.sh, a new convenience shell script
that generates configuration and playlist from a template and
command line, respectively. (Bourne shell and POSIX utilities
See ezstream-file.sh(1) for details.
- [MISC] Be more tolerant towards faulty playlists and similar issues.
Failure to open a resource (e.g. a media file) is no longer fatal
and operation will continue until 100 subsequent errors. Based on
an idea from dhorton.
- [NEW] New command line option -s: Make ezstream function as a line-
based shuffling utility.
- [MISC] Consider no output from a playlist program to be equivalent to an
empty line, indicating that the end of the playlist is reached.
- [FIX] Do not complain when receiving an empty line from a playlist
- [NEW] Add a real-world example playlist script with logging feature.
Changes in 0.5.5, released on 2009-08-01:
- [FIX] Re-enable TagLib support in MSVC build. Found by Roman Donchenko.
- [NEW] New optional <sourceuser/> configuration option, to change the
username used in authentication with Icecast. Suggested by
- [MISC] Further improvements and minor fixes in the build system.
| 2013-10-17 09:56:42 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (41) |
recursive bump for audio/taglib shlib major bump
| 2012-09-12 01:59:37 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (112) |
"user-destdir" is default these days
| 2012-06-14 09:45:42 by Steven Drake | Files touched by this commit (1202) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for libxml2 buildlink addition.
| 2012-02-15 22:23:25 by Hans Rosenfeld | Files touched by this commit (1) |
REPLACE_SH in installed shell scripts.
| 2010-07-06 12:17:17 by Julio Merino | Files touched by this commit (36) |
Transfer ownership to pkgsrc-users. pancake's address is not valid any
more and he has agreed in private mail to drop maintainership.