/portaudio-devel, Portable cross-platform Audio API
20161030, Package name:
portaudio-devel-20161030, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
PortAudio is a free, cross platform, open-source, audio I/O library. It
lets you write simple audio programs in 'C' that will compile and run on
many platforms including Windows, Macintosh (8,9,X), Unix (OSS), SGI, and
BeOS. PortAudio is intended to promote the exchange of audio synthesis
software between developers on different platforms, and was recently
selected as the audio component of a larger PortMusic project that includes
MIDI and sound file support.
PortAudio provides a very simple API for recording and/or playing sound
using a simple callback function. Example programs are included that
synthesize sine waves and pink noise, perform fuzz distortion on a guitar,
list available audio devices, etc.
Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-02-22) Updated to version: portaudio-devel-20161030
- (2014-07-24) Updated to version: portaudio-devel-20140130
- (2008-12-29) Updated to version: portaudio-devel-20060521nb1
- (2006-05-22) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version portaudio-devel-20060521 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-02-22 15:31:26 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update audio/portaudio-devel to 190600 (20161030).
- Add new version number API (see above)
- Updated version number to 19.6.0 (due to extension added to WASAPI
- pa_process: Fix output channel adaption by not skipping the conversion
when the host and user number-of-channels are not equal.
Leif Asbrink. c0c0cb1414
- Fixed bug that would result in open streams not being closed when
Pa_Terminate() is called
- C++ binding: make operator == and != const.
- Moved repository to Git
Various documentation improvements, including:
- Update docs for building on Linux
- Clarified safety of operations in callback
- Document API Version Availability (e.g. `Available as of 19.5.0`)
- CMake support for Unix platforms
- Fix PA_LIBRARY_DEPENDENCIES problem with CMake/WMME.
- pa_linux_alsa: fix hang in callback caused by abort.
- Update configure files for Mac OS X El Capitan, 10.11 SDK
pa_mac_core_blocking: fix hang when running stream stopped (add
- pa_mac_core: Fix assert when reading or writing with non-power of 2
channels. Now Scarlett 6i6 works.
- pa_mac_core: stop stream instead of asserting (crashing) under certain
conditions, e.g. when device is unplugged.
- pa_mac_core: fixed copy-pasto: last host error was being associated
with paInDevelopment host api not paCoreAudio
- pa_mac_core: Fix for truncated device names e.g. 'Built-in
| 2016-02-25 11:15:46 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (14) |
| 2015-12-29 05:54:40 by David A. Holland | Files touched by this commit (61) |
| 2015-11-03 02:12:56 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (409) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for audio category
Problems found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these file.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2014-07-21 12:17:54 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
"pkgconfig" is a reserved SUBST_CLASS, it seems; the one in pkgsrc/mk
won against the one in this file.
| 2014-07-21 09:15:08 by Darrin B. Jewell | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
update to pa_stable_v19_20140130, which functions on osx
| 2013-12-15 21:19:08 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (2) |
FreeBSD 9 doesn't have alloca.h, alloca() is declared in stdlib.h
| 2013-01-08 17:21:49 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (1) |