/finch, Multi-protocol Instant Messaging client console frontend
2.11.0, Package name:
finch-2.11.0, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Finch is a command line instant messaging program for Windows, Linux,
BSD, and other Unixes. You can talk to your friends using AIM, ICQ,
Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell
GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, and Zephyr.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-03-11) Updated to version: finch-2.11.0
- (2016-12-19) Updated to version: finch-2.10.12nb2
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: finch-2.10.12nb1
- (2016-01-14) Updated to version: finch-2.10.12
- (2015-08-18) Updated to version: finch-2.10.11nb3
- (2015-08-07) Updated to version: finch-2.10.11nb2
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-03-11 08:15:25 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Reset PKGREVISION after update.
| 2016-12-19 00:33:12 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (12) |
Bump revision of all packages using libform, libpanel or libmenu as the
library name in devel/ncurses changed.
| 2016-07-09 08:39:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1068) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.0 for everything mentioning perl.
| 2016-01-13 23:25:38 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (14) | |
Update pidgin/finch/libpurple to 2.10.12.
gstreamer is not an option any longer.
version 2.10.12 (MM/DD/YY):
* Updates to dependencies:
* Cyrus SASL 2.1.26
* libxml2 2.9.2
* NSS 3.17.3 and NSPR 4.10.7
* Perl 5.20.1
* SILC 1.1.12
* Remove support for Tcl plugins
* Updated internal libgadu to version 1.12.1.
| 2015-08-17 19:11:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (178) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for ncurses shlib bump.
| 2015-08-06 21:39:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Disable gstreamer option by default.
Suggested by Michael McConville to get rid of the x11 dependency
in finch, which you really don't want. Use chat/pidgin for X11.
| 2015-06-12 12:52:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3152) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for all packages mentioning 'perl',
having a PKGNAME of p5-*, or depending such a package,
| 2014-12-07 09:45:59 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (12) | |
Update pidgin to 2.10.11.
version 2.10.11 (11/23/14):
* Fix handling of Self-Signed SSL/TLS Certificates when using the NSS
* Improve default cipher suites used with the NSS plugin (#16262)
* Add NSS Preferences plugin which allows the SSL/TLS Versions and
cipher suites to be configured (#8061)
* Fix a bug that prevented plugin to load when compiled without GnuTLS.
* Fix build for platforms without AF_LOCAL definition. (#16404)
* Fix broken login due to server change (dx, TReKiE). (#16451, #16455)
* Fail early when buddy list is unavailable instead of wasting bandwidth
version 2.10.10 (10/22/14):
* Check the basic constraints extension when validating SSL/TLS
certificates. This fixes a security hole that allowed a malicious
man-in-the-middle to impersonate an IM server or any other https
endpoint. This affected both the NSS and GnuTLS plugins. (Discovered
by an anonymous person and Jacob Appelbaum of the Tor Project, with
thanks to Moxie Marlinspike for first publishing about this type of
vulnerability. Thanks to Kai Engert for guidance and for some of the
NSS changes) (CVE-2014-3694)
* Allow and prefer TLS 1.2 and 1.1 when using the NSS plugin for SSL.
(Elrond and Ashish Gupta) (#15909)
* Encrypted account passwords are preserved until the new one is set.
* Fix loading Google Talk and Facebook XMPP accounts.
* Don't allow overwriting arbitrary files on the file system when the
user installs a smiley theme via drag-and-drop. (Discovered by Yves
Younan of Cisco Talos) (CVE-2014-3697)
* Updates to dependencies:
* NSS 3.17.1 and NSPR 4.10.7
* Fix build against Python 3. (Ed Catmur) (#15969)
* Updated internal libgadu to version 1.12.0.
* Fix potential remote crash parsing server message that indicates that
a large amount of memory should be allocated. (Discovered by Yves Younan
and Richard Johnson of Cisco Talos) (CVE-2014-3696)
* Fix a possible leak of unencrypted data when using /me command
with OTR. (Thijs Alkemade) (#15750)
* Fix potential remote crash parsing a malformed emoticon response.
(Discovered by Yves Younan and Richard Johnson of Cisco Talos)
* Fix potential information leak where a malicious XMPP server and
possibly even a malicious remote user could create a carefully crafted
XMPP message that causes libpurple to send an XMPP message containing
arbitrary memory. (Discovered and fixed by Thijs Alkemade and Paul
* Fix Facebook XMPP roster quirks. (#15041, #15957)
* Fix login when using the GnuTLS library for TLS connections. (#16172)