irssi: update to 1.0.2. temporarily disable perl option because it doesn't
build, and this update includes a security fix.
v1.0.2 2017-03-10 The Irssi team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Prevent some null-pointer crashes (GL!9).
- Fix compilation with OpenSSL 1.1.0 (#628, #597).
- Correct dereferencing of already freed server objects during
output of netjoins. Found by APic (GL!10, GL#7).
- Fix in command arg parser to detect missing arguments in tail place
- Fix regression that broke incoming DCC file transfers (#667, #656).
- Fix issue with escaping \ in evaluated strings (#669, #520).
irssi: update to 1.0.1.
v1.0.1 2017-02-03 The Irssi team <email@example.com>
- Fix Perl compilation in object dir. By Martijn Dekker (#602, #623).
- Disable EC cryptography on Solaris to fix build (#604, #598).
- Fix incorrect HELP SERVER example (#606, #519).
- Correct memory leak in /OP and /VOICE. By Tim Konick (#608).
- Fix regression that broke second level completion (#613, #609).
- Correct missing NULL termination in perl_parse. By Hanno Böck (#619).
- Sync broken mail.pl script (#624, #607).
irssi: update to 1.0.0
v1.0.0 2017-01-03 The Irssi team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Removed --disable-ipv6 (#408).
* /connect Network now aborts with an error if no servers have been
added to that network (#443).
* /dcc commands now use quotes around spaces consistently.
* bell_beeps was removed (#524, #565).
* Switch to GRegex instead of regex.h (#412).
+ irssiproxy can now forward all tags through a single
port. By Lukas Mai (mauke, #425).
+ irssiproxy can also listen on unix sockets. By Lukas Mai (#427).
+ send channel -botcmds immediately when no mask is specified (#175, #399).
+ the kill buffer now remembers consecutive kills.
New bindings were added: yank_next_cutbuffer and append_next_kill
By Todd A. Pratt (#353, #414, #455)
+ connections will avoid looking up IPv6 addresses if the machine does
not have an IPv6 address assigned (exact behaviour is implementation
+ Fix potential crash if scripts insert undef values into the completion
+ Paste warning is now also shown on pasting overlong
lines. By Manish Goregaokar (#426).
+ autolog_ignore_targets and activity_hide_targets learn a new syntax
tag/* and * to ignore whole networks or everything.
By Jari Matilainen (vague666, #437)
+ /hilight got a -matchcase flag to hilight case
sensitively. By Thibault B (isundil, #421, #476).
+ Always build irssi with TLS support.
+ Rename SSL to TLS in the code and add -tls_* versions of the -ssl_*
options to /CONNECT and /SERVER, but make sure the -ssl_* options continue
+ Use TLS for Freenode, EFnet, EsperNet, OFTC, Rizon, and IRC6 in the default
+ Display TLS connection information upon connect. You can disable this by
setting tls_verbose_connect to FALSE.
+ Add -tls_pinned_cert and -tls_pinned_pubkey for x509 and public key pinning.
The values needed for -tls_pinned_cert and -tls_pinned_pubkey is shown
when connecting to a TLS enabled IRC server, but you can also find the
values like this: Start by downloading the certificate from a given IRC
$ openssl s_client -connect chat.freenode.net:6697 < /dev/null \
2>/dev/null | \
openssl x509 > freenode.cert
Find the value for -tls_pinned_cert:
$ openssl x509 -in freenode.cert -fingerprint -sha256 -noout
Find the value for -tls_pinned_pubkey:
$ openssl x509 -in freenode.cert -pubkey -noout | \
openssl pkey -pubin -outform der | \
openssl dgst -sha256 -c | \
tr a-z A-Z
+ Remove support for DANE validation of TLS certificates.
There wasn't enough support in the IRC community to push for this on the
majority of bigger IRC networks. If you believe this should be
reintroduced into irssi, then please come up with an implementation that
does not rely on the libval library. It is causing a lot of troubles for
our downstream maintainers.
+ /names and $[...] now uses utf8 string operations. By Xavier
G. (#40, #411, #471, #480).
+ New setting completion_nicks_match_case (#488).
+ /channel /server /network now support modify subcommand. By
Jari Matilainen (#338, #498).
+ Irssi::signal_remove now works with coderefs. By Tom Feist (shabble, #512).
+ /script reset got an -autorun switch (#540, #538).
+ cap_toggle can now be called from Perl, and fields
cap_active and cap_supported can be inspected (#542).
+ Make it possible to disable empty line completion. By Lauri
Tirkkonen (lotheac, #574).
+ New option sasl_disconnect_on_failure to disconnect when
SASL log-in failed (#514).
- IP addresses are no longer stored when resolve_reverse_lookup is
- Removed broken support for curses (#521).
- Removed broken dummy mode (#526).
- Fix terminal state after suspend (#450, #452).
- Improve Perl library path detection (#479, #132).
- Reconnect now works on unix connections (#493).
- Fix completion warnings (#125, #496, FS#124).
- Fix a crash in the --more-- item (#501).
- Fix a display issue in /unignore (#517, bdo#577202).
- Fix a crash in some netsplits (#529, #500).
- Fix crashes with some invalid config (#550, #551, #563, #564, #587, #581, #570).
- Add support for SASL Fragmentation. By Kenny Root (kruton, #506).
- Improve netsplit dumping (#420, #465).
- Improve responsibility under DCC I/O strain (#578, #159).
- Fix query nick change on open (#580, #586).
- Correct a few help texts.
irssi: add patch for buf.pl update as it is shipped with irssi.
previously it would create a world readable file containing chat
logs when /upgrade was used.
while a security fix, you have to jump through many hoops to be
affected by it - we don't enable perl scripts by default, we
don't run that perl script by default, and you'd have to know that
/upgrade exists in the first place, and run on a system where world
readability of files is a concern.
still, grab upstream update, bump PKGREVISION.