/irssi, Secure and modular IRC client with text mode user interface
0.8.20nb1, Package name:
irssi-0.8.20nb1, Maintainer: maya
Irssi is a modular IRC client that currently has only text mode user
interface, but 80-90% of the code isn't text mode specific, so other UIs
could be created pretty easily. Also, Irssi isn't really even IRC specific
anymore, there's already a working SILC module available. Support for other
protocols like ICQ could be created some day too.
Required to run:
] Package options
: inet6, ssl
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-09-22) Updated to version: irssi-0.8.20nb1
- (2016-09-22) Updated to version: irssi-0.8.20
- (2016-08-15) Updated to version: irssi-0.8.19
- (2016-06-09) Updated to version: irssi-0.8.17nb3
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: irssi-0.8.17nb2
- (2015-06-12) Updated to version: irssi-0.8.17nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-09-22 11:07:08 by Maya Rashish | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
irssi: add patch for buf.pl update as it is shipped with irssi.
previously it would create a world readable file containing chat
logs when /upgrade was used.
while a security fix, you have to jump through many hoops to be
affected by it - we don't enable perl scripts by default, we
don't run that perl script by default, and you'd have to know that
/upgrade exists in the first place, and run on a system where world
readability of files is a concern.
still, grab upstream update, bump PKGREVISION.
| 2016-09-21 22:53:57 by Maya Rashish | Files touched by this commit (6) | |
irssi: update to 0.8.20, security fix.
catch up with irssi-icb, irssi-xmpp distinfo (they grab irssi versioned
comment out part of irssi-xmpp makefile which is breaking the build.
irssi 0.8.20 changes:
- Correct the name of an emitted sasl signal (#484)
- Correct the prototype for the 'message private' signal (#515)
- Corrections in away and hilight help text (#477, #518)
- /squery and /servlist commands have been restored.
- Where Irssi would previously only report "System error" on connect,
it will now try harder to retrieve the system error message.
- Fixed issue with +channels not working properly (#533)
- Fixed crash in optchan when item has no server (#485)
- Fixed random remote crash in the nicklist handling (#529)
- Fixed remote crash due to incorrect bounds checking on
formats, reported by Gabriel Campana and Adrien Guinet from
| 2016-08-14 23:10:35 by Maya Rashish | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Update irssi to 0.8.19
v0.8.19 2016-03-23 The Irssi team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fixed regression when joining and parting channels on IRCnet (#435)
- Fixed SASL EXTERNAL (#432)
- Fixed regression when not using SASL (#438)
- Fixed incorrect SSL disconnects when using SSL from modules/scripts
- Fixed regression where proxy_string could not be configured or
certain file transfers could not be accepted (#445)
- Fixed storing layout of !channels (#183)
- Fixed restoration of bracketed paste mode on quit (#449)
- Make the usage of meta-O for cursor keys configurable with
/set term_appkey_mode off
v0.8.18 2016-02-13 The Irssi team <email@example.com>
* Modules will now require to define a
void MODULENAME ## _abicheck(int *version)
method to ensure that they are compiled against the correct Irssi
* The signature of "message private" has been changed to
5: server, message, nick, address, target
in order to support "self messages". Module authors should
implement this change if they are using this signal.
* Removing networks will now remove all attached servers and channels
* The proxy module now has an /irssiproxy command.
* sb_search has been moved to scripts.irssi.org
* WIN32 has been completely removed (it had not been working and is
lacking a maintainer.)
* Garbage Collection support has been removed. This will hardly have any
effect for anyone given that it has been unsupported for several years.
+ CAP SASL PLAIN login is now supported natively.
+ Paste bracket markers can be requested from terminal with
/set paste_use_bracketed_mode on
+ "Self messages" generated by some bouncers can now be received in the
+ Try to split long lines on spaces to avoid words being splitted. Adds
a new option: 'split_line_on_space' which defaults to on.
+ Add setting hilight_nick_matches_everywhere (#56).
+ The config parser is more robust and prints out better diagnostics on
incorrect config files.
+ Ctrl+^ (FS#721) and Ctrl+J can now be bound.
+ Command history can be cleared with /window history -clear
+ /hilight -mask -line is now supported (FS#275).
+ CHANTYPES are now supported.
+ Improved reload speed of ignores.
+ Add -date feature to /lastlog
+ irssiproxy can be more easily enabled and disabled.
+ Expando for hostname (FS#829).
+ UNIX sockets can now also be specified in the config file.
+ Disable SSLv3 due to the POODLE vulnerability.
+ SSL ciphers can now be specified per server.
+ Added SNI support for SSL.
- /ignore now respects -pattern on merge (#78).
- irssiproxy (BNC) module now uses correct line endings.
- Fix missing lines on large pastes (FS#905).
- Correctly preserve STATUSMSG prefixes (#291).
- Fix infinite recursion in key bindings (FS#817).
- Fix incomplete awaylog caused by buffering.
- Fix calculation of UTF-8 string length display in some cases.
- Fix some Perl warnings related to @ISA.
- EXEC windowitems now get proper references on the Perl side.
- Incremental help file improvements.
- ANSI attributes are now properly reset.
- Fixed regression where text would blink when terminal lacks color
- Permit the usage of Freenode extban syntax in /ban (#150)
- Fixed regression in scriptassist on unload of scripts.
- Fixed regression in -actcolor %n
| 2016-08-14 23:03:28 by Maya Rashish | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add myself as maintainer
| 2016-08-14 23:02:45 by Maya Rashish | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add ssl as suggested option.
No rev bump because I'm updating too.
| 2016-06-08 21:25:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2236) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.
| 2016-03-05 12:29:49 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1813) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for security/openssl ABI bump.
| 2015-12-29 05:04:32 by David A. Holland | Files touched by this commit (82) |
Fix missing/broken rcsids.