/snooper, Serial line protocol analyzer (need two serial interfaces)
19991202nb5, Package name:
snooper-19991202nb5, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Snooper is a tool for snooping communication between two devices
that communicate with an RS232C serial line.
For example, say you would like to snoop the following configuration
partyA ---cableAB--- partyB
where partyA is a computer and partyB is a computer/modem/digi-cam/whatever.
A third machine called "console" running snooper can be used to snoop
the connection between partyA and cableAB, as follows:
partyA ---cableX--- <dev0>console<dev1>---cableAB--- party B
cableX must be cross-cable (a cable to connect two computers).
% snooper [-options] dev0 dev1
-bBAUD specifies baud rate.
-u don't use uucp locking (questionable option)
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-08-18) Updated to version: snooper-19991202nb5
- (2013-07-12) Updated to version: snooper-19991202nb4
- (2011-12-18) Updated to version: snooper-19991202nb3
- (2011-12-17) Updated to version: snooper-19991202nb2
- (2005-10-05) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version snooper-19991202nb1 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)