/libiconv, Character set conversion library
1.14nb2, Package name:
libiconv-1.14nb2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
libiconv is a character set conversion library that provides an iconv()
implementation for use on systems which don't have one, or whose
implementation cannot convert from/to Unicode.
It provides support for many encodings and can convert from any of
these encodings to any other, through Unicode conversion.
It has also some limited support for transliteration, i.e. when a character
cannot be represented in the target character set, it can be approximated
through one or several similarly looking characters. Transliteration is
activated when "//TRANSLIT" is appended to the target encoding name.
libiconv is for you if your application needs to support multiple character
encodings, but that support lacks from your system.
Required to build:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2011-09-08) Updated to version: libiconv-1.14nb2
- (2011-09-07) Updated to version: libiconv-1.14nb1
- (2011-08-22) Updated to version: libiconv-1.14
- (2010-11-11) Updated to version: libiconv-1.13.1
- (2008-01-18) Updated to version: libiconv-1.12nb1
- (2008-01-13) Updated to version: libiconv-1.12nb1
CVS history: (Expand)