/avr-gdb, GNU gdb for Atmel AVR 8-bit RISC microcontrollers
7.12.1, Package name:
avr-gdb-7.12.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
GNU Debugger GDB, configured for Atmel AVR microcontroller targets.
This debugger cannot really be used standalone, but is useful in
connection with either AVaRICE (http://avarice.sourceforge.net/)
or simulavr (http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/simulavr/).
Required to build:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-01-29) Updated to version: avr-gdb-7.12.1
- (2015-08-18) Updated to version: avr-gdb-7.6.1nb1
- (2014-08-29) Updated to version: avr-gdb-7.6.1
- (2013-08-26) Updated to version: avr-gdb-7.6nb1
- (2013-08-07) Updated to version: avr-gdb-7.6
- (2011-12-17) Updated to version: avr-gdb-5.3nb3
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-01-29 06:19:31 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) |
- Drops two patches patches/patch-bfd_bfd-in2_h patches/patch-opcodes_configure
| 2017-01-29 06:18:10 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Updated cross/avr-gdb 7.6.1 to 7.12.1
Summary of changes may be found at:
| 2015-11-03 01:47:45 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (40) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for cross category
Existing SHA1 digests verified, all found to be the same on the
machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). Existing SHA1
digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-08-18 09:31:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (282) |
Bump all packages that depend on curses.bui* or terminfo.bui* since they
might incur ncurses dependencies on some platforms, and ncurses just bumped
Some packages were bumped twice now, sorry for that.
| 2014-08-29 08:43:32 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Bump version 7.6 to 7.6.1
GDB 7.6.1 provides the following fixes and improvements to GDB 7.6:
* PR tdep/15420 (Cannot debug threaded programs on newer versions
of x86-solaris - Solaris 10, Update 10 or later)
* PR remote/15455 (QTro remote packet broken)
* PR build/15476 (Build failure due to incomplete enum type in utils.h)
* PR server/15594 (tls support in 64x32 x86 gdbserver doesn't extend
address to 64 bit)
* PR server/15075 (dprintf inteferes with "next")
* PR server/15434 (dprintf uses a synchronous 'continue' even in
* PR tui/14880 (in split register layouts, up results in assertion
failure in value.c)
* PR c++/15519 (GDB 7.6 is 94x slower than GDB 7.5.1 using a certain
* PR gdb/15837 (GDB prints entry values for local variables)
* PR gdb/15415 (gdb resolves symbolic links when passing argv)
* PR cli/15603 (CTRL-C can no longer interrupt inferior)
* PR gdb/15604 (gdbserver socket leak 7.5 regression)
| 2013-08-26 03:11:34 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (1) |
(1) Recent setup for 7.6 does not support
instead only supports
To fix this, we need
as found in native gdb setup (pkgsrc Makefile).
(2) Utilize curses instead of terminfo,
+# to link -lcurses.7 => /usr/lib/libcurses.so.7
+# instead of terminfo
| 2013-08-07 07:34:14 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (8) |
Bump GDB version from 5.3 to 7.6
Removed, seems the problems no longer exist
Added to build with clang
Added (revert to 7.5.1, Bad substitution)
GDB 7.6 Released (2013/04/26)
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-announce/2 … 00000.html
GDB 7.6 brings new targets, features and improvements, including:
* New native configurations:
ARM AArch64 GNU/Linux aarch64*-*-linux-gnu
Tilera TILE-Gx GNU/Linux tilegx*-*-linux-gnu
* New target configurations:
ARM AArch64 aarch64*-*-elf
ARM AArch64 GNU/Linux aarch64*-*-linux
Lynx 178 PowerPC powerpc-*-lynx*178
Tilera TILE-Gx GNU/Linux tilegx*-*-linux
* New configure options: -enable-libmcheck/--disable-libmcheck
* Support for the "mini debuginfo" section, .gnu_debugdata
* The C++ ABI now defaults to the GNU v3 ABI. This has been the
default for GCC since November 2000.
* New command line option: -nh (disables auto-loading of ~/.gdbinit)
* Various GDB/MI changes
* Python scripting:
** Vectors can be created with gdb.Type.vector.
** Python's atexit.register now works in GDB.
** Types can be pretty-printed via a Python API.
** Python 3 is now supported (in addition to Python 2.4 or later)
** New class gdb.Architecture exposes GDB's internal representation
of architecture in the Python API.
** New method Frame.architecture returns the gdb.Architecture object
corresponding to the frame's architecture.
** New Python-based convenience functions ($_memeq, $_streq,
$_strlen and $_regex)
* The 'cd' command now defaults to using '~' (the home directory) if
not given an argument.
* New commands:
** catch signal
** maint info bfds
** enable/disable type-printer
* New remote packets (QTBuffer:size, Qbtrace:bts, Qbtrace:off and
* New options:
** set/show print type methods (on|off)
** set/show print type typedefs (on|off)
** set/show filename-display basename|relative|absolute
** set/show trace-buffer-size
** set/show remote trace-buffer-size-packet auto|on|off
** set/show debug aarch64
** set/show debug coff-pe-read
** set/show debug mach-o
** set/show debug notification
* target record:
The "target record" command has been renamed to "target \
and a new "target record-btrace" has been added. This new target
uses hardward support to record the control-flow of a process.
Execution replay is not supported, but this targets allows investigating
the program's recorded execution.
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
GDB 7.5 released! (2012-08-17)
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-announce/2 … 00004.html
GDB 7.4 released! (2012-01-24)
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-announce/2 … 00001.html
GDB 7.4 released! (2011-07-26)
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-announce/2 … 00001.html
Other older release date:
| 2012-10-03 02:10:30 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (20) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.