/couchdb, Document database server, accessible via a RESTful JSON API
2.0.0nb2, Package name:
couchdb-2.0.0nb2, Maintainer: filip
Apache CouchDB is a distributed, fault-tolerant and schema-free document-
oriented database accessible via a RESTful HTTP/JSON API. Among other
features, it provides robust, incremental replication with bi-directional
conflict detection and resolution, and is queryable and indexable using
CouchDB is written in Erlang, but can be easily accessed from any
environment that provides means to make HTTP requests. There are
a multitude of third-party client libraries that make this even easier
for a variety of programming languages and environments.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-01-01) Updated to version: couchdb-2.0.0nb2
- (2016-12-04) Updated to version: couchdb-2.0.0nb1
- (2016-11-17) Updated to version: couchdb-2.0.0
- (2016-10-08) Updated to version: couchdb-1.6.1nb8
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: couchdb-1.6.1nb7
- (2016-04-12) Updated to version: couchdb-1.6.1nb6
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-01-01 17:06:40 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (616) | |
Revbump after boost update
| 2016-12-04 06:17:46 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (667) |
Recursive revbump from textproc/icu 58.1
| 2016-11-16 16:59:29 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (15) | |
Update databases/couchdb to 2.0.0.
- The build system embeds the Erlang VM into the package, which means that
the PLIST may differ across build systems. Hence why we use a semi-dynamic
- That also means that lang/erlang is now a build dependency only.
- Include a couch-epmd service for the Erlang Port Mapper Daemon using the
- Basic RCD script added.
Upstream changes since 1.6.x:
- Native clustering is now supported. Rather than use CouchDB replication
between multiple, distinct CouchDB servers, configure a cluster of CouchDB
- Futon replaced by brand-new, completely re-engineered Fauxton interface.
URL remains the same.
- The new Mango Query Server provides a simple JSON-based way to perform
MapReduce filters. Mango has been tested to be up to an order of magnitude
- Multiple queries can be made of a view with a single HTTP request.
- Views can be queried with sorting turned off ( sorted=false) for a
- The global changes feed has been enhanced. It is now resumable and
- New endpoints added (documentation forthcoming):
- /_membership shows all nodes in a cluster
- /_bulk_get speeds up the replication protocol over low-latency connections
- /_node/ api to access individual nodes' configuration and compaction
- /_cluster_setup api to set up a cluster from scratch.
- /_up api to signal health of a node to a load-balancer
- /db/_local_docs and /db/_design_docs (similar to /db/_all_docs)
- "Backend" interface on port 5986 used for specific cluster admin \
interest are the _nodes and _dbs databases visible only through this
- Support added for Erlang/OTP 17.x, 18.x and 19
- New streamlined build system written for Unix-like systems and Microsoft
- The update sequences returned by the /db/_changes feed are no longer
integers. They can be any JSON value. Applications should treat them as
opaque values and return them to CouchDB as-is.
- Temporary views are no longer supported.
- It is possible to have multiple replicator databases. replicator/db config
option has been removed. Instead _replicator and any database names ending
with the /_replicator suffix will be recognized as replicator databases by
- Note that the semantics of some API calls have changed due to the
introduction of the clustering feature. Specifically, make note of the
difference between receiving a 201 and a 202 when storing a document.
- all_or_nothing is no longer supported by the bulk_docs API
See full release notes:
| 2016-10-07 20:26:14 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (611) | |
Revbump post boost update
| 2016-09-08 18:03:55 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Fix build with Erlang 19.0 (in line with how upstream handles).
| 2016-07-09 08:39:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1068) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.0 for everything mentioning perl.
| 2016-06-08 12:16:57 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (89) |
Remove the stability entity, it has no meaning outside of an official context.
| 2016-06-08 11:46:05 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (47) |
Change the service_bundle name to "export" to reduce diffs between the
original manifest.xml file and the output from "svccfg export".