/py-mysql-connector, Standardized mysql database driver for Python development
2.2.1, Package name:
py27-mysql-connector-2.2.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
MySQL Connector/Python enables Python programs to access MySQL databases, using
an API that is compliant with the Python DB API version 2.0. It is written in
pure Python and does not have any dependencies except for the Python Standard
MySQL Connector/Python includes support for:
* Almost all features provided by MySQL Server up to and including MySQL Server
* Converting parameter values back and forth between Python and MySQL data
types, for example Python datetime and MySQL DATETIME. You can turn automatic
conversion on for convenience, or off for optimal performance.
* All MySQL extensions to standard SQL syntax.
* Protocol compression, which enables compressing the data stream between the
client and server.
* Connections using TCP/IP sockets and on Unix using Unix sockets.
* Secure TCP/IP connections using SSL.
* Self-contained driver. Connector/Python does not require the MySQL client
library or any Python modules outside the standard library.
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-10-01) Updated to version: py27-mysql-connector-2.2.1
- (2015-10-03) Updated to version: py27-mysql-connector-2.1.3
- (2015-04-30) Updated to version: py27-mysql-connector-2.0.4
- (2014-11-23) Updated to version: py27-mysql-connector-2.0.2
- (2014-10-07) Updated to version: py27-mysql-connector-2.0.1
- (2014-09-01) Updated to version: py27-mysql-connector-1.2.3
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-10-01 11:43:33 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
- Add support for Protocol Buffers 3
- Add View support (without DDL)
- Implement get_default_schema() method in BaseSchema
- DevAPI: Per ReplicaSet SQL execution
- DevAPI: XSession accepts a list of routers
- DevAPI: Define action on adding empty list of documents
- BUG23729357: Fix fetching BIT datatype
- BUG23583381: Add who_am_i and am_i_real methods to DatabaseObject
- BUG23568257: Add fetch_one method to mysqlx.result
- BUG23550743: Add close method to XSession and NodeSession
- BUG23550057: Add support for URI as connection data
| 2015-11-03 02:56:36 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (368) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for databases category
Problems found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to the cstore or mariadb55-client distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-10-03 14:49:11 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
* Connector/Python is now compatible with Django 1.8.
* When using the C Extension with raise_on_warnings=True, errors were not thrown \
as exceptions when an executed statement produced an error, and it was not \
possible to reuse the cursor if the statement produced a result set.
* When using the C Extension, character decoding of identifiers (database, \
table, column names) in result sets could fail.
* When using the C Extension with the auth_plugin option, connect() calls failed.
* In connections for which consume_results=True, callproc() could hang.
* Connections failed if the password began or ended with spaces because they \
were being stripped before the connection attempt.
* Connection failure occurred for accounts authenticated with the \
sha256_password authentication plugin that had a blank password.
* The Connector/Python C Extension could exit when fetching a result set \
containing many NULL values.
* Connector/Python failed to complete the connection handshake with MySQL Server \
| 2015-04-30 10:15:22 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) |
The Changes.txt file was missing from .msi and .dmg packages.
Encoding failure could occur for prepared cursors with UTF-8 statement parameters.
Values of the SET data type were not translated correctly if empty.
HASH sharding for Fabric failed.
Queries that produced a large result could result in an IndexError: bytearray \
index out of range exception.
The Django backend sometimes failed to properly convert SafeText objects, which \
then appeared in queries.
| 2014-12-31 14:57:34 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (125) |
Improve EGG_NAME default to work for packages with '-' in their name.
Remove now unnecessary overrides in various packages.
| 2014-11-23 14:59:41 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) |
* If the pool_size and pool_name connection arguments were specified using the \
option file (as opposed to being passed explicitly to the connect call), the \
pooled connection was successfully created, but an exception was raised when \
* The Django backend raised an exception when converting "0000-00-00 \
00:00:00" to None.
* Using a connection_created signal defined in django.db.backends.signals caused \
a “maximum recursion depth reached” runtime error.
* The type_code in cursor.description did not compare equal to any of the type \
objects defined in mysql.connector.dbapi.
* Data corruption occurred when inserting sufficiently large data in a table \
with a TEXT type column using prepared statements, due to incorrect encoding of \
the data length while sending the prepared statement packet.
* When the character set was binary, character set conversion could occur. \
Conversion is no longer done and binary data is returned as is.
| 2014-10-07 12:09:36 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
* Connector/Python is now compatible with Django 1.7.
* RANGE_STRING is now supported as a sharding type.
* RANGE_DATETIME is now supported as a sharding type.
* Bugs Fixed
| 2014-08-31 21:26:31 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Add support for Django 1.7
Fix floating point inaccuracy with Python v2
Fix cursor trying to decode linestring data as utf-8
Fix Django TimeField 00:00:00 converting to MySQL NULL
Fix Django to check connection on each request
Fixed negative conversion timedelta values
Fix stopping mysqld running unit tests on Windows
Fix prepared statements returning lots of columns
Fix Connector/Python dependency for utilities 1.5.1
Fix exception not captured when SSL is unavailable