/py-psycopg2, PostgreSQL database adapter for Python
2.7.1, Package name:
py27-psycopg2-2.7.1, Maintainer: joerg
psycopg is a PostgreSQL database adapter for the Python programming language
(just like pygresql and popy.) It was written from scratch with the aim of
being very small and fast, and stable as a rock. The main advantages of
psycopg are that it supports (well... *will* support) the full Python
DBAPI-2.0 and being thread safe at level 2.
psycopg is different from the other database adapter because it was designed
for heavily multi-threaded applications that create and destroy lots of
cursors and make a conspicuous number of concurrent INSERTs or UPDATEs.
Every open Python connection keeps a pool of real (UNIX or TCP/IP) connections
to the database. Every time a new cursor is created, a new connection does not
need to be opened; instead one of the unused connections from the pool is
used. That makes psycopg very fast in typical client-server applications that
create a servicing thread every time a client request arrives.
This is version 2, a complete rewrite of the original code to provide
new-style classes for connection and cursor objects and other
sweet candies. Like the original, psycopg 2 was written with the aim of
being very small and fast, and stable as a rock.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-03-20) Updated to version: py27-psycopg2-2.7.1
- (2017-03-05) Updated to version: py27-psycopg2-2.7
- (2016-10-12) Updated to version: py27-psycopg2-2.6.2nb2
- (2016-07-25) Updated to version: py27-psycopg2-2.6.2nb1
- (2016-07-21) Updated to version: py27-psycopg2-2.6.2
- (2015-07-01) Updated to version: py27-psycopg2-2.6.1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-03-20 14:51:56 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Updated py-psycopg2 to 2.7.1.
What's new in psycopg 2.7.1
- Ignore `!None` arguments passed to `~psycopg2.connect()` and
- OpenSSL upgraded from major version 0.9.8 to 1.0.2 in the Linux wheel
- Fixed build with libpq versions < 9.3 (:ticket:`#520`).
| 2017-03-05 15:19:07 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated py-psycopg2 to 2.7.
What's new in psycopg 2.7
- Added `~psycopg2.sql` module to generate SQL dynamically (:ticket:`#308`).
- Added :ref:`replication-support` (:ticket:`#322`). Main authors are
Oleksandr Shulgin and Craig Ringer, who deserve a huge thank you.
- Added `~psycopg2.extensions.parse_dsn()` and
`~psycopg2.extensions.make_dsn()` functions (:tickets:`#321, #363`).
`~psycopg2.connect()` now can take both *dsn* and keyword arguments, merging
- Added `~psycopg2.__libpq_version__` and
`~psycopg2.extensions.libpq_version()` to inspect the version of the
``libpq`` library the module was compiled/loaded with
- The attributes `~connection.notices` and `~connection.notifies` can be
customized replacing them with any object exposing an `!append()` method
- Adapt network types to `ipaddress` objects when available. When not
enabled, convert arrays of network types to lists by default. The old `!Inet`
adapter is deprecated (:tickets:`#317, #343, #387`).
- Added `~psycopg2.extensions.quote_ident()` function (:ticket:`#359`).
- Added `~connection.get_dsn_parameters()` connection method (:ticket:`#364`).
- `~cursor.callproc()` now accepts a dictionary of parameters (:ticket:`#381`).
- Give precedence to `!__conform__()` over superclasses to choose an object
- Using Python C API decoding functions and codecs caching for faster
unicode encoding/decoding (:ticket:`#473`).
- `~cursor.executemany()` slowness addressed by
`~psycopg2.extras.execute_batch()` and `~psycopg2.extras.execute_values()`
- Added ``async_`` as an alias for ``async`` to support Python 3.7 where
``async`` will become a keyword (:ticket:`#495`).
- Unless in autocommit, do not use :sql:`default_transaction_*` settings to
control the session characteristics as it may create problems with external
connection pools such as pgbouncer; use :sql:`BEGIN` options instead
- `~connection.isolation_level` is now writable and entirely separated from
`~connection.autocommit`; added `~connection.readonly`,
`~connection.deferrable` writable attributes.
- Fixed error caused by missing decoding `~psycopg2.extras.LoggingConnection`
- Fixed integer overflow in :sql:`interval` seconds (:ticket:`#512`).
- Dropped support for Python 2.5 and 3.1.
- Dropped support for client library older than PostgreSQL 9.1 (but older
server versions are still supported).
- `~connection.isolation_level` doesn't read from the database but will return
`~psycopg2.extensions.ISOLATION_LEVEL_DEFAULT` if no value was set on the
- Empty arrays no more converted into lists if they don't have a type attached
| 2016-10-09 23:42:04 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (110) |
Recursive bump for all users of pgsql now that the default is 95.
| 2016-07-24 21:44:16 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Convert to egg.mk. Bump PKGREVISION.
| 2016-07-21 14:53:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated py-psycopg2 to 2.6.2.
What's new in psycopg 2.6.2
- Fixed inconsistent state in externally closed connections
(:tickets:`#263, #311, #443`).
- Report the server response status on errors (such as :ticket:`#281`).
- Raise `!NotSupportedError` on unhandled server response status
- Allow overriding string adapter encoding with no connection (:ticket:`#331`).
- The `~psycopg2.extras.wait_select` callback allows interrupting a
long-running query in an interactive shell using :kbd:`Ctrl-C`
- Fixed `!PersistentConnectionPool` on Python 3 (:ticket:`#348`).
- Fixed segfault on `repr()` of an unitialized connection (:ticket:`#361`).
- Allow adapting bytes using `~psycopg2.extensions.QuotedString` on Python 3
- Added support for setuptools/wheel (:ticket:`#370`).
- Fix build on Windows with Python 3.5, VS 2015 (:ticket:`#380`).
- Fixed `!errorcodes.lookup` initialization thread-safety (:ticket:`#382`).
- Fixed `!read()` exception propagation in copy_from (:ticket:`#412`).
- Fixed possible NULL TZ decref (:ticket:`#424`).
- `~psycopg2.errorcodes` map updated to PostgreSQL 9.5.
| 2015-11-03 02:56:36 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (368) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for databases category
Problems found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to the cstore or mariadb55-client distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-07-01 11:59:06 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 2.6.1:
What's new in psycopg 2.6.1
- Lists consisting of only `None` are escaped correctly (:ticket:`#285`).
- Fixed deadlock in multithread programs using OpenSSL (:ticket:`#290`).
- Correctly unlock the connection after error in flush (:ticket:`#294`).
- Fixed ``MinTimeLoggingCursor.callproc()`` (:ticket:`#309`).
| 2015-02-17 15:01:56 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 2.6:
What's new in psycopg 2.6
- Added support for large objects larger than 2GB. Many thanks to Blake Rouse
and the MAAS Team for the feature development.
- Python `time` objects with a tzinfo specified and PostgreSQL :sql:`timetz`
data are converted into each other (:ticket:`#272`).
- Json apapter's `!str()` returns the adapted content instead of the `!repr()`