/sqlite3, SQL Database Engine in a C Library
3.17.0, Package name:
sqlite3-3.17.0, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
SQLite is a C library that implements an SQL database engine. Programs
that link with the SQLite library can have SQL database access without
running a separate RDBMS process. The distribution comes with a standalone
command-line access program (sqlite) that can be used to administer an
SQLite database and which serves as an example of how to use the SQLite
SQLite is not a client library used to connect to a big database server.
SQLite is the server. The SQLite library reads and writes directly to and
from the database files on disk.
This is sqlite3, the current stable version.
Required to build:
] Package options
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-02-14) Updated to version: sqlite3-3.17.0
- (2017-01-07) Updated to version: sqlite3-3.16.2
- (2017-01-06) Updated to version: sqlite3-3.16.1
- (2017-01-03) Updated to version: sqlite3-3.16.0
- (2016-12-12) Updated to version: sqlite3-3.15.2nb2
- (2016-12-04) Updated to version: sqlite3-3.15.2nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-02-23 12:07:32 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Add workaround for build issue on Darwin, to be removed in the next update.
| 2017-02-13 18:44:01 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (8) | |
SQLite Release 3.17.0 On 2017-02-13
* Approximately 25% better performance from the R-Tree extension.
* Uses compiler built-ins (ex: __builtin_bswap32() or _byteswap_ulong()) for \
byteswapping when available.
* Uses the sqlite3_blob key/value access object instead of SQL for pulling \
content out of R-Tree nodes
* Other miscellaneous enhancements such as loop unrolling.
* Add the SQLITE_DEFAULT_LOOKASIDE compile-time option.
* Increase the default lookaside size from 512,125 to 1200,100 as this provides \
better performance while only adding 56KB of extra memory per connection. \
Memory-sensitive applications can restore the old default at compile-time, \
start-time, or run-time.
* Use compiler built-ins __builtin_sub_overflow(), __builtin_add_overflow(), and \
__builtin_mul_overflow() when available. (All compiler built-ins can be omitted \
with the SQLITE_DISABLE_INTRINSIC compile-time option.)
* Added the SQLITE_ENABLE_NULL_TRIM compile-time option, which can result in \
significantly smaller database files for some applications, at the risk of being \
incompatible with older versions of SQLite.
* Change SQLITE_DEFAULT_PCACHE_INITSZ from 100 to 20, for improved performance.
* Added the SQLITE_UINT64_TYPE compile-time option as an analog to SQLITE_INT64_TYPE.
* Perform some UPDATE operations in a single pass instead of in two passes.
* Enhance the session extension to support WITHOUT ROWID tables.
* Fixed performance problems and potential stack overflows when creating views \
from multi-row VALUES clauses with hundreds of thousands of rows.
* Added the sha1.c extension.
* In the command-line shell, enhance the ".mode" command so that it \
restores the default column and row separators for modes "line", \
"list", "column", and "tcl".
* Enhance the SQLITE_DIRECT_OVERFLOW_READ option so that it works in WAL mode as \
long as the pages being read are not in the WAL file.
* Enhance the LEMON parser generator so that it can store the parser object as a \
stack variable rather than allocating space from the heap and make use of that \
enhancement in the amalgamation.
* Other performance improvements. Uses about 6.5% fewer CPU cycles.
* Throw an error if the ON clause of a LEFT JOIN references tables to the right \
of the ON clause. This is the same behavior as PostgreSQL. Formerly, SQLite \
silently converted the LEFT JOIN into an INNER JOIN.
* Use the correct affinity for columns of automatic indexes.
* Ensure that the sqlite3_blob_reopen() interface can correctly handle short rows.
| 2017-01-19 19:52:30 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (352) |
Convert all occurrences (353 by my count) of
MASTER_SITES= site1 \
style continuation lines to be simple repeated
lines. As previewed on tech-pkg. With thanks to rillig for fixing pkglint
| 2017-01-07 11:23:00 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (6) |
Fix the REPLACE statement for WITHOUT ROWID tables that lack secondary indexes \
so that it works correctly with triggers and foreign keys. This was a new bug \
caused by performance optimizations added in version 3.16.0. Ticket 30027b613b4
Fix the sqlite3_value_text() interface so that it correctly translates content \
generated by zeroblob() into a string of all 0x00 characters. This is a \
long-standing issue discovered after the 3.16.1 release by OSS-Fuzz
Fix the bytecode generator to deal with a subquery in the FROM clause that is \
itself a UNION ALL where one side of the UNION ALL is a view that contains an \
ORDER BY. This is a long-standing issue that was discovered after the release of \
3.16.1. See ticket 190c2507.
Adjust the sqlite3_column_count() API so it more often returns the same values \
for PRAGMA statements as it did in prior releases, to minimize disruption to \
applications that might be using that interface in unexpected ways.
| 2017-01-05 18:49:54 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (5) |
Fix a bug concerning the use of row values within triggers (see ticket 8c9458e7) \
that was in version 3.15.0 but was not reported until moments after the 3.16.0 \
release was published.
| 2017-01-02 18:52:24 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (8) |
SQLite Release 3.16.0 On 2017-01-02
Uses 9% fewer CPU cycles. (See the CPU performance measurement report for \
details on how the this performance increase was computed.)
Added experimental support for PRAGMA functions.
Added the SQLITE_DBCONFIG_NO_CKPT_ON_CLOSE option to sqlite3_db_config().
Enhance the date and time functions so that the 'unixepoch' modifier works for \
the full span of supported dates.
Changed the default configuration of the lookaside memory allocator from 500 \
slots of 128 bytes each into 125 slots of 512 bytes each.
Enhanced "WHERE x NOT NULL" partial indexes so that they are usable if \
the "x" column appears in a LIKE or GLOB operator.
Enhanced sqlite3_interrupt() so that it interrupts checkpoint operations that \
are in process.
Enhanced the LIKE and GLOB matching algorithm to be faster for cases when the \
pattern contains multiple wildcards.
Added the SQLITE_FCNTL_WIN32_GET_HANDLE file control opcode.
Added ".mode quote" to the command-line shell.
Added ".lint fkey-indexes" to the command-line shell.
Added the .imposter dot-command to the command-line shell.
Added the remember(V,PTR) SQL function as a loadable extension.
Rename the SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST compile-time option to SQLITE_UNTESTABLE to \
better reflect the implications of using it.
Fix a long-standing bug in the query planner that caused incorrect results on a \
LEFT JOIN where the left-hand table is a subquery and the join constraint is a \
bare column name coming from the left-hand subquery. Ticket 2df0107b.
Correctly handle the integer literal -0x8000000000000000 in the query planner.
| 2016-12-12 17:17:53 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Do not unconditionally add libedit/libreadline to LDFLAGS.
This way they got added as dependencies to sqlite3.so, while
only the sqlite3 binary really needs libreadline.
However, even without the LDFLAGS, the sqlite3 binary correctly
links the library in for me (on NetBSD).
Addresses PR 50776.
| 2016-12-04 06:17:46 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (667) |
Recursive revbump from textproc/icu 58.1