/astyle, Free, Fast and Small Automatic Formatter for C, C++, C++/CLI, C
2.05.1, Package name:
astyle-2.05.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
When indenting source code, we as programmers have a tendency to
use both spaces and tab characters to create the wanted indentation.
Moreover, some editors by default insert spaces instead of tabs
when pressing the tab key, and other editors (Emacs for example)
have the ability to "pretty up" lines by automatically setting up
the white space before the code on the line, possibly inserting
spaces in a code that up to now used only tabs for indentation.
Since the NUMBER of space characters showed on screen for each tab
character in the source code changes between editors (until the
user sets up the number to his liking...), one of the standard
problems facing programmers when moving from one source code editor
to another is that code containing both spaces and tabs that was
up to now perfectly indented, suddently becomes a mess to look at
when changing to another editor. Even if you as a programmer take
care to ONLY use spaces or tabs, looking at other peoples source
code can still be problematic.
To address this problem I have created Artistic Style - a series
of filters, written in C++, that automatically reindent & reformat
C/C++/Java source files. These can be used from a command line, or
it can be incorporated as classes in another C++ program.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-07-12) Updated to version: astyle-2.05.1
- (2014-08-15) Updated to version: astyle-2.04
- (2013-05-25) Updated to version: astyle-1.15.3
- (2006-02-06) Updated to version: astyle-22.214.171.124nb1
- (2005-10-05) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version astyle-126.96.36.199 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-07-11 20:26:52 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 2.05.1. From the changelog:
- Fix incorrectly reporting files containing disabled formatting as
- Fix incorrect handling of quoted arguments in the options file (#321).
- Fix error in identifying an enum return type as an enumeration
- Fix error in identifying an enum argument as an enumeration (#327).
- Fix recognition of Qt keywords when used as variables in C++ (#329).
- Fix recognition of a pointer in a C++ cast (#316).
- Fix removing trailing whitespace after a changed pointer or
- Add new bracket style option "style=vtk" (#155).
- Add new option "indent-preproc-block" to indent blocks of preprocessor
directives (#21, #114, #229, #242, #294).
- Add new option, "dry-run", to run AStyle without updating the files
- Add new options, "html" (-!") and "html=###", to \
display the HTML help
documentation in the default browser.
- Add tags "*INDENT-OFF*" and "*INDENT_ON*" to disable \
source code blocks (#2, #47, #55, #78, #110, #176).
- Add tag *NOPAD* to disable selected formatting on a single line.
- Add '__attribute__ ((visibility ("default")))' to Linux exported \
- Remove option "style=ansi" and make it depreciated (#146).
- Remove fix for broken 'case' statements from release 2.02.1, Nov 21, 2011.
- Improve Korean translation (#256).
- Change shared libraries to include the version number as part of the
file name (#264)
- Change "help" display to stdout to allow piping and redirection (#63).
- Change "version" display to stdout.
- Change headers to include foreach, forever, Q_FOREACH, and Q_FOREVER
- Change compiler definition ASTYLE_NO_VCX (no Visual Studio exports) to
- Change shared library error handler argument from "char*" to \
- Fix not recognizing noexcept, interrupt, and autoreleasepool as
pre-command headers (#225, #259).
- Fix formatting of C++11 uniform initializer brackets (#253, #257,
- Fix to not automatically space pad C++11 uniform initializer
- Fix formatting of enums with leading commas (#159, #179, #270).
- Fix formatting of logical && operator in class initializers (#290).
- Fix flagging a 'const' variable as a 'const' method (#275).
- Fix piping and redirection adding an extra character to the output
(#245, #252, #305).
- Fix "indent-modifiers" to attach class access modifiers to Horstmann
- Fix ASFormatter to correctly recognize the end of a C++ raw string
- Fix to recognize C++11 "enum class" as an enum (#303).
- Fix indent of C++11 "noexecpt" statements within a class (#260, #304).
- Fix not resetting templateDepth when a template was not found (#295).
- Fix formatting of multiplication in a block paren (#144).
- Fix whitespace padding when formatting an rvalue references (#297).
- Fix to recognize an rvalue reference without a name (#265).
- Fix to not identify an operator overload method as a calculation (#296).
- Fix concatenating multiplication with a pointer dereference (#291).
- Fix recognition of a pointer dereference following a question mark (#213).
- Fix extra space after a trailing reference type (#300).
- Fix _asm blocks not being identified as a block opener and the
variable not cleared on exit (#163).
- Fix indentation of line comments before a "class" opening bracket.
- Fix indentation of line comments before a "namespace" opening bracket.
- Fix isBracketType() method to correctly process a NULL_TYPE.
- Fix unpad-paren to recognize additional variables (#43, #132, #143).
- Fix indentation of C# "let" statements.
- Fix a few omissions with "fill-empty-lines".
- Fix file read to read 64K blocks of data.
- Refactor to un-obfuscate (clarify) the code, and improve design and
- Extract class Utf8_16 from ASConsole.
- Replace Linux dependency on iconv with a Utf8_16 class for ASLibrary.
- Move global "using" statements to the astyle namespace in astyle.h
- Move shared library declarations from astyle.h to astyle_main.h.
- Move indentable macros from ASEnhancer to ASResource and create
- Simplify ASBeautifier procedure to identify the colon (:) type.
- Major refactoring in ASBeautifier to create separate variables for
an enum, a class statement and a class initializer.
- This was needed to fix the processing of C++11 uniform
initializers in a class initializer.
- Minor changes to ASFormatter and ASBeautifier based on results of
the Clang analyzer.
- Change several methods in astyle_main to "const".
| 2015-11-03 04:29:40 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1995) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for devel category
Issues found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-03-13 18:08:14 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (1) |
| 2014-08-21 08:21:15 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Remove unused patches.
| 2014-08-13 23:11:07 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Add upstream bug report URL.
| 2014-08-13 22:56:25 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (4) |
| 2013-05-25 18:39:39 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 1.15.3. Changes:
New option: '--force-indent=tab=#'. Added support for C#. Many bugfixes.
| 2012-10-31 12:19:55 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (1460) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.