/autogen, The Automated Text and Program Generation Tool
5.18.10nb2, Package name:
autogen-5.18.10nb2, Maintainer: kristerw
AutoGen is a tool designed for generating program files that contain
repetitive text with varied substitutions. Its goal is to simplify the
maintenance of programs that contain large amounts of repetitious text.
This is especially valuable if there are several blocks of such text that
must be kept synchronized.
One common example is the problem of maintaining the code required for
processing program options. Processing options requires a minimum of four
different constructs be kept in proper order in different places in your
program. You need at least:
1. The flag character in the flag string,
2. code to process the flag when it is encountered,
3. a global state variable or two, and
4. a line in the usage text.
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-09-29) Updated to version: autogen-5.18.10nb2
- (2016-09-15) Updated to version: autogen-5.18.10nb1
- (2016-07-17) Updated to version: autogen-5.18.10
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: autogen-5.12nb6
- (2015-06-12) Updated to version: autogen-5.12nb5
- (2014-05-30) Updated to version: autogen-5.12nb4
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-09-28 20:16:36 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix build under (at least) Mac OS X by adding the missing dependency
on the "gettext-lib" package.
Bump package revision because the binary package might change on other
platforms as well.
| 2016-09-15 16:32:41 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (24) |
After guile's and guile20's installation prefixes have changed, it's time
to bump their dependencies (except those that were bumped in the last 24
| 2016-07-20 14:04:15 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Use TOOLS_PATH.bash for finding bash.
Hopefully helps with built-in bash.
| 2016-07-20 14:00:09 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Remove obsolete patch, noted by richard.
| 2016-07-16 22:00:14 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (7) | |
Update autogen to 5.18.10.
Switch from guile (1.8) to guile20.
Clean up some pkglint.
New in 5.18.10 - May 2016
* NUL terminate CGI definitions text
New in 5.18.9 April 2016
* When parsing CGI, do not allow spaces to be lost
* In producing usage text, check more rigorously that
option "values" are really not flag characters.
New in 5.18.8 March 2016
* Ensure testing vars start as unset for testing
* happy new year & de-uglifications
New in 5.18.7 December 2015
* Guile 1.6 support was removed
* bootstrapping was made idempotent
* add --enable-static-autogen config option
* add (max-file-time) scheme function (max source file time)
* Allow MAN_PAGE_DATE to override using the date program in
man page templates
* Enable byte-for-byte build reproducibility
| 2016-07-09 08:39:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1068) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.0 for everything mentioning perl.
| 2016-03-11 12:48:59 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add bl3.mk file for libopts.
| 2015-11-03 04:29:40 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1995) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for devel category
Issues found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.