/binutils, GNU binary utilities
2.26.1, Package name:
binutils-2.26.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
The GNU binutils package contains essential tools to assemble, link and
manipulate binary and object files. They are often used with a compiler
and additional libraries for building software.
It includes the GNU linker, the portable GNU assembler, ar for modifying
archives (such as libraries), nm for listing symbols from object files,
objdump for displaying object file information, ranlib for generating
archive indexes, size for listing section sizes of object files,
strings for outputing the printable characters in files, strip for
stripping out symbols (like debugging information) from object files,
and other tools.
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-08-16) Updated to version: binutils-2.26.1
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: binutils-2.26nb2
- (2016-02-04) Updated to version: binutils-2.26nb1
- (2016-01-31) Updated to version: binutils-2.26
- (2015-09-26) Updated to version: binutils-2.25.1
- (2015-06-10) Updated to version: binutils-2.25
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-08-15 21:29:14 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (6) | |
Update to 2.26.1
* Remove merged patches
* Add a configure option --enable-x86-relax-relocations to decide whether
x86 assembler should generate relax relocations by default. Default to
yes, except for x86 Solaris targets older than Solaris 12.
* New command line option -mrelax-relocations= for x86 target to control
whether to generate relax relocations.
| 2016-07-09 08:39:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1068) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.0 for everything mentioning perl.
| 2016-02-03 20:56:34 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (13) | |
Backport SunOS 32-bit -mrelax-relocations fix from 2.26.1. Bump PKGREVISION.
| 2016-02-03 19:40:18 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix non-gold builds.
| 2016-01-30 23:15:11 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (12) | |
Update to 2.26
Changes in 2.26:
* Add option to objcopy to insert new symbols into a file:
* Add support for the ARC EM/HS, and ARC600/700 architectures.
* Extend objcopy --compress-debug-sections option to support
--compress-debug-sections=[none|zlib|zlib-gnu|zlib-gabi] for ELF
* Add --update-section option to objcopy.
* Add --output-separator option to strings.
| 2015-11-03 04:29:40 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1995) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for devel category
Issues found with existing distfiles:
No changes made to these distinfo files.
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-09-28 18:37:55 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Add upstream bug report URL.
| 2015-09-25 19:05:33 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to binutils-2.25.1.
This is a bugfix release that primarily fixes out of bounds memory writes
in libbfd when inspecting malicious binaries.