/protobuf, Google protocol buffers
2.5.0nb1, Package name:
protobuf-2.5.0nb1, Maintainer: aran
Protocol Buffers are a way of encoding structured data in an efficient yet
extensible format. Google uses Protocol Buffers for almost all of its internal
RPC protocols and file formats.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-03-29) Updated to version: protobuf-2.5.0nb1
- (2013-03-17) Updated to version: protobuf-2.5.0
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2012-06-04) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version protobuf-2.4.1 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2014-01-27 09:08:50 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (1) |
SET_LIBDIR=yes instead of manual setting --libdir for configure.
| 2013-03-29 10:17:26 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Make it depend on zlib explicitly.
This fixes linking problems on platforms with no builtin zlib.
Found by Jason Bacon on CentOS.
| 2013-03-17 15:54:36 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Add upstream bug report URL.
| 2013-03-17 15:50:14 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 2.5.0:
2013-02-27 version 2.5.0:
* New notion "import public" that allows a proto file to forward the \
it imports to its importers. For example,
import public "bar.proto";
// Stuff defined in bar.proto may be used in this file, but stuff from
// baz.proto may NOT be used without importing it explicitly.
This is useful for moving proto files. To move a proto file, just leave
a single "import public" in the old proto file.
* New enum option "allow_alias" that specifies whether different \
be assigned the same numeric value. Default value is "true". \
Setting it to
false causes the compiler to reject enum definitions where multiple symbols
have the same numeric value.
* New generated method set_allocated_foo(Type* foo) for message and string
fields. This method allows you to set the field to a pre-allocated object
and the containing message takes the ownership of that object.
* Added SetAllocatedExtension() and ReleaseExtension() to extensions API.
* Custom options are now formatted correctly when descriptors are printed in
* Various speed optimizations.
* Comments in proto files are now collected and put into generated code as
comments for corresponding classes and data members.
* Added Parser to parse directly into messages without a Builder. For
Foo foo = Foo.getParser().ParseFrom(input);
Using Parser is ~25% faster than using Builder to parse messages.
* Added getters/setters to access the underlying ByteString of a string field
* ByteString now supports more operations: substring(), prepend(), and
append(). The implementation of ByteString uses a binary tree structure
to support these operations efficiently.
* New method findInitializationErrors() that lists all missing required
* Various code size and speed optimizations.
* Added support for dynamic message creation. DescriptorDatabase,
DescriptorPool, and MessageFactory work like their C++ couterparts to
simplify Descriptor construction from *DescriptorProtos, and MessageFactory
provides a message instance from a Descriptor.
* Added pickle support for protobuf messages.
* Unknown fields are now preserved after parsing.
* Fixed bug where custom options were not correctly populated. Custom
options can be accessed now.
* Added EnumTypeWrapper that provides better accessibility to enum types.
* Added ParseMessage(descriptor, bytes) to generate a new Message instance
from a descriptor and a byte string.
| 2012-12-20 10:14:35 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix builf on Solaris.
When isainfo command exists, libdir is changed.
| 2012-10-31 12:19:55 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (1460) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-07-20 05:13:48 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1) |
add a buildlink3.mk file for this package
| 2012-06-04 15:31:23 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (1) |
pkg-config is not required to build.