ScummVM is an implementation of LucasArts S.C.U.M.M. (Script Creation Utility
| 2016-06-11 16:56:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated scummvm to 1.8.1.
- Added Nintendo 3DS port.
- Added Android SDL port.
- Removed TESTING flag from several supported games.
- Added Chinese Pinyin translation.
- Fixed cursor stuttering in the launcher that occured on some systems.
- Fixed game restart.
- Fixed sound effect loading.
- Fixed text alignment to be faithful to the original.
- Fixed character walking off screen.
- Fixed loading savegames in the Pendulum scene.
- Fixed wrong background for inventory items during chapter 6 in the
- Fixed animations speed (they were running two times slower than in the
- Fixed noise at start and/or end of speech. This was most noticeable
with the Spanish speech.
- Fixed delay when interacting with the verb menu and the inventory.
- Fixed possibility to pick up the axe in the castle multiple times.
- Fixed lock up for some games during sound initialization.
- Fixed potential crash when using swamp snake potion on the rat in Hand
of Fate. (NOTE: This fix was included in version 1.8.0, but it was not
added to the NEWS file).
- Fixed missing voice reactions when hitting enemies in CD version of
Lands of Lore.
- Fixed lock-up during ending sequence.
- Improved internal game controls.
- Fixed lock-up during some in-game animations.
- Fixed user interface colors in the French and German versions of I Have No
Mouth and I Must Scream.
- Make cursor workarounds work properly on OpenPandora (and other devices, that
support touch screen and analog sticks/mouse at the same time)
- Script patch to fix broken ending battle in multilingual King's Quest 5
(French, German + Spanish versions are all broken)
- Fixed invalid memory access, when loading broken King's Quest 5 credit \
- Fixed lowres/hires issues in King's Quest 6 when saving, changing the \
setting and restoring the saved game afterwards.
- Fixed detection of Maniac Mansion from Day of the Tentacle in the Windows
version of ScummVM.
- Fixed a sound effect not stopping in Loom EGA with AdLib.
Broken Sword 2.5:
- Added option to use English speech instead of German one when no speech is
available for the selected language.
- Fixed resource releasing on game exit.
- Fixed game restart after language change in-game.
- Fixed flickering in main Menu.
- Fixed long save time on Windows.
- Fixed bug in MIDI device listing affecting cases where MIDI devices were
Mac OS X port:
- Dock menu for ScummVM now lists recently played games when ScummVM is
not running and allows starting those games.
- Enabled Sparkle application updater.
- Improved support for built-in ScummVM documentation.
- Added support for Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender.
- Added support for Sfinx.
- Added support for Zork Nemesis: The Forbidden Lands.
- Added support for Zork: Grand Inquisitor.
- Added support for The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the
- Added support for The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose
- Added support for Beavis and Butthead in Virtual Stupidity.
- Added support for Amazon: Guardians of Eden.
- Added support for Broken Sword 2.5: The Return of the Templars.
- Added support for The Labyrinth of Time.
- Added Raspberry Pi port.
- Added GCW0 port.
- Updated Munt MT-32 emulation code to version 1.5.0.
- Alt-x no longer quits ScummVM. Use Cmd-q/Ctrl-q/Ctrl-z instead; see README.
- On POSIX systems we now follow the XDG Base Directory Specification for
placement of files for users. This effectively results in new locations
for our configuration file, our log file, and our default savegame path.
We still support our previous locations. As long as they are present, we
continue to use them. Please refer to the README for the new locations.
File locations on Mac OS X are not affected by this change.
3 Skulls of the Toltecs:
- Improved AdLib music support.
- It is now possible to disable mouse support (except for Amiga versions
and fanmade games, that require a mouse).
- Fixed PCjr sound volumes.
- Major rewrite of graphics subsystem.
- Support for Apple IIgs, Amiga + Atari ST transitions, fonts and mouse
cursors. The Atari ST 8x8 system font is not included with ScummVM.
- Added ability to make for example a PC version look like an Apple IIgs
version. This includes palette, cursor, transition and even font. Just
set corresponding render mode.
- Fixed Apple IIgs game versions running too fast.
- Added support for automatic saving/restoring used by Mixed Up Mother Goose.
- Removed forced two second delay on room changes; replaced with heuristic.
- Fixed certain key bindings breaking after saving/reloading.
- Fixed arpeggio effect used in music of Amiga version of Elvira 1.
- Fixed loading and saving progress in the PC version of Waxworks.
- Fixed verb area been removed in Amiga versions of Simon the Sorcerer 1.
- Added Accolade AdLib & MT-32 music drivers for the games:
Elvira 1, Elvira 2, Waxworks and Simon the Sorcerer 1 demo.
- Added Simon the Sorcerer 1 AdLib output. This vastly improves the AdLib
output and makes it closer to the original.
Broken Sword 1:
- Fixed Macintosh version speech when running on big endian systems.
- Fixed loading from Main Menu in bull's head scene, and maybe other scenes.
- Added support for music in CD version of Future Wars.
- Improved AdLib music support in Return to Zork.
- Improved AdLib music support.
- Handling of music priority has been greatly improved.
- A lot of fixes for original game script bugs that also occurred when
using the original interpreter. This affects the following games:
KQ6 (Dual Mode), LSL5, PQ1, QfG1 (EGA), QfG1 (VGA), QfG2, QfG3, SQ1,
- Restoring from the ScummVM in-game menu should now work all the time.
- Improved support for Japanese PC-9801 games.
- Default to hi res version of KQ6, changeable using engine option.
- Major improvements to Korean versions text rendering.
- Implemented original Maniac Mansion v0-v1 walking code.
- It is now possible to play Maniac Mansion from within Day of the
Tentacle, with a few caveats. See README for details.
- Alt-x can now be used to quit SCUMM games on all platforms.
- Improved lip sync animation in later HE games.
- Improved AdLib music support in Discworld 1.
| 2015-11-03 21:57:10 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (350) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for games category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package blokus: missing distfile blokus-1.1.tar.gz
Package crossfire-client: missing distfile crossfire-client-images-1.11.0.tar.gz
Package dungeon: missing distfile dungeon-gdt-glk.tar.gz
Package gate88: missing distfile Gate88_Mar19_05.tar.gz
Package gnuchess4: missing distfile gnuchess-4.0.pl80.tar.gz
Package ioquake3-pk3: missing distfile quake3-latest-pk3s.zip
Package rollemup: missing distfile Rollemup.tar.gz
Package tscp: missing distfile tscp181.zip
Package xbat: missing distfile xev111.tar.gz
Package xgalaga: missing distfile xgalaga-2.0.34.tar.gz
Package xrick: missing distfile xrick-021212.tgz
Package xskat: missing distfile xskat-cards.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-04-25 16:23:48 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (868) | |
Recursive revbump following MesaLib update, categories g through n.
| 2014-07-31 08:52:22 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
- Added support for Chivalry is Not Dead.
- Added support for Return to Ringworld.
- Added support for The Neverhood.
- Added support for Mortville Manor.
- Added support for Voyeur.
- Updated Munt MT-32 emulation code to version 1.3.0.
- Switched from our custom JPEG and PNG decoders to libjpeg(-turbo) and
libpng, which are faster and can handle more images.
(NOTE: The change to libpng was done in version 1.6.0, but it was not
added to the NEWS file).
- Added generic OpenGL (ES) output (based on GSoC Task).
- The GUI can now be rendered in 32-bits.
- The build system has been changed to be more modular and easier to add new
- Added OpenGL graphics mode based on our generic OpenGL output. This
allows for arbitrary output sizes. However, it does not support special
filters like AdvMAME, HQ, etc.
- Added mouse wheel support for inventory and save game lists.
- Enabled verb name display in Simon the Sorcerer 2.
- Fixed the Feeble Files loyalty rating in the English 4CD version. (This
was apparently a bug in the original game. It is currently unknown if
other versions still have the same problem.)
Broken Sword 1:
- Added back support for MPEG-2 videos.
Broken Sword 2:
- Added back support for MPEG-2 videos.
- Added an option to enable "Color Blind Mode" to the ScummVM GUI.
- Improved video quality in Urban Runner.
- Added an option to toggle "Gore Mode" from the ScummVM GUI.
- Fixed bug that could cause the music to stop prematurely.
- Fixed several rare crashes and glitches.
- Fixed multiple bugs carried over from the original binary.
- Added support for the more detailed RAVE lip syncing data in the Windows
version of King's Quest 6. Portraits should now be much more expressive
- Added support for simultaneous speech and subtitles in the CD versions
of Laura Bow 2 and King's Quest 6 (toggled either in-game with the new
"Dual" audio state, or via the ScummVM audio options).
- Fixed music fading.
- Fixed several script bugs in Camelot, Crazy Nick's, Hoyle 3, QFG1VGA, KQ5,
KQ6, LB2, LSL2, LSL5, Pharkas, PQ1VGA, SQ4, SQ5.
- Improved the MIDI parser so that music event processing is done more
- Changed the saved game naming scheme of HE games to always contain
the target name.
- Fixed having multiple coaches in Backyard Football.
- Improved AdLib support for Loom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
This makes sound effects like, for example, the typewriter and waterfall
in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade sound like in the original.
- Added support for the Steam versions of Indiana Jones and the Last
Crusade, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Loom and The Dig. Both
the Windows and the Macintosh versions are supported.
- Savegames in Tony Tough now work on big-endian systems.
- Discworld 1 and 2 no longer crash on big-endian systems.
- Added experimental support for the OUYA console.
- Added configurable TV modes: NTSC and PAL.
- Added configurable graphics modes: SDTV progressive, SDTV interlaced, EDTV
progressive and VESA.
- Added a configuration option for the HDD partition used.
- Added a configuration option for the IP address used.
- Added a configuration option to toggle USB mass storage.
- The BADA port has been merged/updated into Tizen.
| 2013-06-05 00:17:35 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (1946) |
Try to fix the fallout caused by the fix for PR pkg/47882. Part 3:
Recursively bump package revisions again after the "freetype2" and
"fontconfig" handling was fixed.
| 2013-06-03 12:06:28 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1948) |
Bump freetype2 and fontconfig dependencies to current pkgsrc versions,
to address issues with NetBSD-6(and earlier)'s fontconfig not being
new enough for pango.
While doing that, also bump freetype2 dependency to current pkgsrc
Suggested by tron in PR 47882
| 2013-06-02 20:13:24 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
- Added support for 3 Skulls of the Toltecs.
- Added support for Eye of the Beholder.
- Added support for Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon.
- Added support for Hopkins FBI.
- Added support for Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths.
- Added support for The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime.
- Added support for the Macintosh version of Discworld 1.
- Added a new save/load chooser based on a grid of thumbnails. This is only
supported for resolutions bigger than 640x400. The old chooser is still
available and used for games without thumbnail support. It is possible to
select the old one as default too.
- Rewrote VideoDecoder subsystem.
- Added Galician translation.
- Added Finnish translation.
- Added Belarusian translation.
- Using the mouse wheel on a slider widget now changes the value by the
smallest possible amount. This is more predictable than the old behaviour,
which was to change the value by "one pixel" which would sometimes not
change it at all.
- Updated MT-32 emulation code to latest munt project snapshot.
- Added FluidSynth settings dialog, mainly for reverb and chorus settings.
- Fixed crash on certain Smacker movies.
| 2012-10-06 13:55:05 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (310) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.