- Added support for Chivalry is Not Dead.
- Added support for Return to Ringworld.
- Added support for The Neverhood.
- Added support for Mortville Manor.
- Added support for Voyeur.
- Updated Munt MT-32 emulation code to version 1.3.0.
- Switched from our custom JPEG and PNG decoders to libjpeg(-turbo) and
libpng, which are faster and can handle more images.
(NOTE: The change to libpng was done in version 1.6.0, but it was not
added to the NEWS file).
- Added generic OpenGL (ES) output (based on GSoC Task).
- The GUI can now be rendered in 32-bits.
- The build system has been changed to be more modular and easier to add new
- Added OpenGL graphics mode based on our generic OpenGL output. This
allows for arbitrary output sizes. However, it does not support special
filters like AdvMAME, HQ, etc.
- Added mouse wheel support for inventory and save game lists.
- Enabled verb name display in Simon the Sorcerer 2.
- Fixed the Feeble Files loyalty rating in the English 4CD version. (This
was apparently a bug in the original game. It is currently unknown if
other versions still have the same problem.)
Broken Sword 1:
- Added back support for MPEG-2 videos.
Broken Sword 2:
- Added back support for MPEG-2 videos.
- Added an option to enable "Color Blind Mode" to the ScummVM GUI.
- Improved video quality in Urban Runner.
- Added an option to toggle "Gore Mode" from the ScummVM GUI.
- Fixed bug that could cause the music to stop prematurely.
- Fixed several rare crashes and glitches.
- Fixed multiple bugs carried over from the original binary.
- Added support for the more detailed RAVE lip syncing data in the Windows
version of King's Quest 6. Portraits should now be much more expressive
- Added support for simultaneous speech and subtitles in the CD versions
of Laura Bow 2 and King's Quest 6 (toggled either in-game with the new
"Dual" audio state, or via the ScummVM audio options).
- Fixed music fading.
- Fixed several script bugs in Camelot, Crazy Nick's, Hoyle 3, QFG1VGA, KQ5,
KQ6, LB2, LSL2, LSL5, Pharkas, PQ1VGA, SQ4, SQ5.
- Improved the MIDI parser so that music event processing is done more
- Changed the saved game naming scheme of HE games to always contain
the target name.
- Fixed having multiple coaches in Backyard Football.
- Improved AdLib support for Loom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
This makes sound effects like, for example, the typewriter and waterfall
in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade sound like in the original.
- Added support for the Steam versions of Indiana Jones and the Last
Crusade, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Loom and The Dig. Both
the Windows and the Macintosh versions are supported.
- Savegames in Tony Tough now work on big-endian systems.
- Discworld 1 and 2 no longer crash on big-endian systems.
- Added experimental support for the OUYA console.
- Added configurable TV modes: NTSC and PAL.
- Added configurable graphics modes: SDTV progressive, SDTV interlaced, EDTV
progressive and VESA.
- Added a configuration option for the HDD partition used.
- Added a configuration option for the IP address used.
- Added a configuration option to toggle USB mass storage.
- The BADA port has been merged/updated into Tizen.
Bump freetype2 and fontconfig dependencies to current pkgsrc versions,
to address issues with NetBSD-6(and earlier)'s fontconfig not being
new enough for pango.
While doing that, also bump freetype2 dependency to current pkgsrc
Suggested by tron in PR 47882
- Added support for 3 Skulls of the Toltecs.
- Added support for Eye of the Beholder.
- Added support for Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon.
- Added support for Hopkins FBI.
- Added support for Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths.
- Added support for The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime.
- Added support for the Macintosh version of Discworld 1.
- Added a new save/load chooser based on a grid of thumbnails. This is only
supported for resolutions bigger than 640x400. The old chooser is still
available and used for games without thumbnail support. It is possible to
select the old one as default too.
- Rewrote VideoDecoder subsystem.
- Added Galician translation.
- Added Finnish translation.
- Added Belarusian translation.
- Using the mouse wheel on a slider widget now changes the value by the
smallest possible amount. This is more predictable than the old behaviour,
which was to change the value by "one pixel" which would sometimes not
change it at all.
- Updated MT-32 emulation code to latest munt project snapshot.
- Added FluidSynth settings dialog, mainly for reverb and chorus settings.
- Fixed crash on certain Smacker movies.