/gpsbabel, Utility to convert and fetch GPS related data
1.4.4, Package name:
gpsbabel-1.4.4, Maintainer: gdt
GPSBabel converts waypoints, tracks, and routes from one
format to another, whether that format is a common mapping
format like Delorme, Streets and Trips, or even a serial
or USB upload or download to a GPS receiver such as those
from Garmin and Magellan.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-03-17) Updated to version: gpsbabel-1.4.4
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2011-04-28) Updated to version: gpsbabel-1.4.2
- (2010-07-05) Updated to version: gpsbabel-1.4.1
- (2009-02-08) Updated to version: gpsbabel-1.3.6
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2013-03-16 19:52:59 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 1.4.4.
The patch to help serial garmins with prolific adaptors is retained,
but it's perhaps a bit dicey because upstream code has changed a bit.
Upstream NEWS content from web pages:
Add MotoActiv format. Thank you, Dan Brown.
Kris Beevers contributes Lowrance USR v4 support.
Allow EXIF to represent altitude below MSL.
Allow reading known invalid (sigh) data in NMEA, such as that
written by Canon Camera/GPS devices, probably including:
Canon GPS shoes
Powershot models with GPS capabilities
Enhance Garmin Fit support for latest firmware.
Steve Eckert adds line styling to the National Geographic TPO3 reader.
Erik Krause improves German translations.
OS X Mountain Lion fixes.
Fix translations for GUI on Windows. German, Italian, Hungarian,
Russian, and a few others should now work. If your language is there,
please contribute a translation. It's easy and doesn't require you to
A new writer for geocaches in KML (Google Earth) provide better
visualizations of high-density areas.
Many KML improvements including validation fixes, aviations units,
fixes for min/max alt.
Adds iblue757 GPS support.
Add support for Holux M-1200E GPS.
Add the Minihomer variant of Skytraq.
Add FlySight GPS support.
Add Garmin FIT support.
Add Land Air Sea format for GPS Tracking Key Pro.
Many Navicache improvements.
Fixes to track filter to not mangle tracks recorded at low speed when
segement filter is applied.
| 2012-10-04 11:19:22 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (48) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2010-09-28 15:21:33 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (23) |
| 2010-07-05 02:05:23 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (8) | |
Update to 1.4.1. (Read waypoints ok on netbsd-5/i386 from Garmin
etrex vista HCx.)
Summary of Changes:
(details at http://www.gpsbabel.org/news/20100620.html)
Many new formats.
* KML writer now sets the extents of the time sliders
automatically for Google Earth 5.0, can now generate gx:Track
for Google Earth 5.2.
* Improved handling of from Garmin extensions in GPX including
ambient temperature, depth, heartrate, and cadence.
* Reworked Garmin transparency device matching to work with more
devices such as Nuvi 500 and Dakota
* Add 'erase_only' option to dg-100.
* GDB module now handles Garmin Basecamp files, too.
* Try to preserve Ozi icon data in waypoints.
* Holux GR245 waypoint now supported.
* GUI detects host OS serial ports.
* Add HDOP and VDOP to VPL 900.
* Added track segment support for many formats, including GPX,
delbin, and Garmin protocol.
* Added track->tracksegment conversion filter option to track
* Convert tracks to courses on Garmin fitness upload.
* Fix memory corruption in gbfile when line sizes were a multiple
of internal buffer sizes.
* Globalsat: flush receive on startup to make BT-335 more
* Add Mega event icon, Whereigo cache type to GPX and KML.
* Tweak Earth 5's realtime KML to include end of time window.
* Several improvements to Garmin GPI reader.
* Read and write fix information in delgpl format.
* Garmin Venture HC and Legend H now works better on Mac and
Linux. (especially Japanese models.)
* Several improvements for OS/X Snow Leopard.
* Alllow character set overwrite when sending to USB Garmins.
* When writing Garmin routes, don't duplicate waypoints for via
| 2009-05-12 14:27:20 by Martti Kuparinen | Files touched by this commit (14) |
| 2009-02-21 22:10:08 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
update distinfo for patch comments
| 2009-02-21 19:54:41 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (6) |
Add coments to each patch file explaining the status relative to
upstream. 3 have been applies, 1 will be, 1 rejected as breaking
other platforms, and 1 is speculative anyway.
| 2009-02-09 14:41:50 by Greg Troxel | Files touched by this commit (1) |
add gdt as co-maintainer