/giflib, GIF image format library
5.1.4, Package name:
giflib-5.1.4, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
giflib is a library for reading and writing gif images. It is API and ABI
compatible with libungif which was in wide use while the LZW compression
algorithm was patented.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-05-02) Updated to version: giflib-5.1.4
- (2016-01-21) Updated to version: giflib-5.1.2
- (2015-01-16) Updated to version: giflib-5.1.1
- (2014-05-15) Updated to version: giflib-5.1.0
- (2014-04-01) Updated to version: giflib-5.0.6
- (2013-09-01) Updated to version: giflib-5.0.5
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-05-01 22:28:44 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update graphics/giflib to 5.1.4.
* Fix SF bug #94: giflib 5 loves to fail to load images... a LOT.
* Fix SF Bug #92: Fix buffer overread in gifbuild.
* Fix SF Bug #93: Add bounds check in gifbuild netscape2.0 path
* Fix SF Bug #89: Fix buffer overread in gifbuild.
As of this version the library and code has been seriously abused by fuzzers,
smoking out crash bugs (now fixed) induced by various kinds of severely
* Prevent malloc randomess from causing the header output routine to emit
a GIF89 version string even when no GIF89 features are present. Only
breaks tests, not production code, but it's odd this wasn't caught sooner.
* Prevent malloc randomess from producing sporadic failures by causing
sanity checks added in 5.1.2 to misfire.
* Bulletproof gif2rgb against 0-height images. Addressed SF bug #78:
Heap overflow in gif2rgb with images of size 0, also SF bug #82.
* Remove unnecessary duplicate EGifClose() in gifcolor.c. Fixes SF bug #83
introduced in 5.1.2.
* Fix SF Bug #84: incorrect return of DGifSlurp().
| 2016-01-18 20:02:56 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Remove no more available configure arguments to reflect current configure script
(they were removed in giflib-5.0.0).
| 2016-01-18 15:34:36 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update graphics/giflib to 5.1.2.
* Code hardening using reallocarray() from OpenBSD.
* Sanity check in giffilter catches files with malformed extension records
Fixes SourceForge bug #63: malformed gif causes segfault in giffilter.
* Inexpensive sanity check in DGifSlurp() catches malformed files with
no image descriptor. Fixes SourceForge bug #64: malformed gif causes
crash in giftool.
* Fix SourceForge bug #66: GifDrawBoxedText8x8() modifying constant input
* Bail out of GIF read on invalid pixel width. Addresses Savannah bug
#67: invalid shift in dgif_lib.c
* Fix SourceForge bug #69: #69 Malformed: Gif file with no extension
block after a GRAPHICS_EXT_FUNC_CODE extension causes segfault (in
* Fix SourceForge bug #71: Buffer overwrite when giffixing a malformed gif.
* Fix SourceForge bug #73: Null pointer deference in gifclrmap (only
reachable with malformed GIF).
* Fix SourceForge bug #74: Double free in gifsponge under 5.1,1,
for any valid gif image.
* Fix SourceForge bug #75: GAGetArgs overflows due to uncounted use of va_arg.
* Sanity check in giffix catches some malformed files. Addresses
SourceForge bug #77: dgif_lib.c: extension processing error
| 2015-11-03 22:34:36 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (610) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for graphics category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package fotoxx distfile fotoxx-14.03.1.tar.gz
Package ploticus-examples distfile ploticus-2.00/plnode200.tar.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package AfterShotPro: missing distfile AfterShotPro-126.96.36.199/AfterShotPro_i386.deb
Package pgraf: missing distfile pgraf-20010131.tar.gz
Package qvplay: missing distfile qvplay-0.95.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-01-16 10:35:43 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update giflib* to 5.1.1:
* Numerous minor fixes in getarg.c. Affects only the utilities, not the
* Fix SourceForge bug #59 DGifOpen can segfault if DGifGetScreenDesc fails.
* SourceForge patch #20: In gifalloc, fix usage of realloc() in case of failure.
* Fix SourceForge bug #61 Leak in gifsponge.
* glibtoolize port fix for OS X.
| 2014-06-01 01:44:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Remove mk/giflib reference.
| 2014-05-16 12:23:29 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (1) |
5.1.0 introduce API changes.
| 2014-05-15 16:16:11 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (4) |
Changes to the API require a library major-version bump.
* A small change to the API: DGifClose() and EGifClose() now take a
pointer-to-int second argument (like the corresponding openers)
where a diagnostic code will be deposited when they return
GIF_ERROR. This replaces the old behavior in which the GifFile
structure was left unfreed so the Error member in it could be filled
and remain available. The change was was required because it's
not always possible to free the struct afterwards. Case in point is
a C# wrapper for giflib (or any language/environment where you can't
just free objects allocated in a foreign shared library.)
* Minor fix for SF bug 56; BitsPerPixel may be left as uninitialized
value when reading (truncated) gif.
* Applied SF patch 17: Use a fallback on Windows where mkstemp is not
* Applied SF patch 15: Code hardening, preventing spurious
* Removed gif2raw from utils. Its blithe assumption that the EGA16
palette is a reliable default is now about 20 years obsolete. Format
conversion is better done with convert(1) from the ImageMagick suite,