/giflib-util, GIF image format utility
5.1.1, Package name:
giflib-util-5.1.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
giflib is a library for reading and writing gif images. It is API and ABI
compatible with libungif which was in wide use while the LZW compression
algorithm was patented.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-01-16) Updated to version: giflib-util-5.1.1
- (2014-06-01) Updated to version: giflib-util-5.1.0nb1
- (2014-05-15) Updated to version: giflib-util-5.1.0
- (2013-09-01) Updated to version: giflib-util-5.0.5
- (2013-07-05) Updated to version: giflib-util-5.0.4
- (2013-06-01) Updated to version: giflib-util-4.1.6nb2
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-01-16 10:35:43 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update giflib* to 5.1.1:
* Numerous minor fixes in getarg.c. Affects only the utilities, not the
* Fix SourceForge bug #59 DGifOpen can segfault if DGifGetScreenDesc fails.
* SourceForge patch #20: In gifalloc, fix usage of realloc() in case of failure.
* Fix SourceForge bug #61 Leak in gifsponge.
* glibtoolize port fix for OS X.
| 2014-05-31 17:56:28 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (58) | |
libungif is not relevant any longer since the GIF relevant patents
expired (about 10 years ago).
Unconditionally switch to libgif.
As discussed on tech-pkg without dissent.
| 2014-05-15 16:16:11 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (4) |
Changes to the API require a library major-version bump.
* A small change to the API: DGifClose() and EGifClose() now take a
pointer-to-int second argument (like the corresponding openers)
where a diagnostic code will be deposited when they return
GIF_ERROR. This replaces the old behavior in which the GifFile
structure was left unfreed so the Error member in it could be filled
and remain available. The change was was required because it's
not always possible to free the struct afterwards. Case in point is
a C# wrapper for giflib (or any language/environment where you can't
just free objects allocated in a foreign shared library.)
* Minor fix for SF bug 56; BitsPerPixel may be left as uninitialized
value when reading (truncated) gif.
* Applied SF patch 17: Use a fallback on Windows where mkstemp is not
* Applied SF patch 15: Code hardening, preventing spurious
* Removed gif2raw from utils. Its blithe assumption that the EGA16
palette is a reliable default is now about 20 years obsolete. Format
conversion is better done with convert(1) from the ImageMagick suite,
| 2013-08-31 20:41:34 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (6) |
This release sets the error return properly when a screen descriptor read fails, \
and fixes minor API documentation bugs.
| 2013-07-05 15:47:53 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 5.0.4.
* Sync with giflib 5.0.4.
| 2013-05-31 14:42:58 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2880) |
Bump all packages for perl-5.18, that
a) refer 'perl' in their Makefile, or
b) have a directory name of p5-*, or
c) have any dependency on any p5-* package
Like last time, where this caused no complaints.
| 2012-10-06 16:11:27 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (427) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-10-03 23:59:10 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2798) |
Bump all packages that use perl, or depend on a p5-* package, or
are called p5-*.
I hope that's all of them.