/ruby-chunky_png, Pure ruby library for read/write, chunk-level access to PNG
1.3.8, Package name:
ruby23-chunky_png-1.3.8, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
= Chunky PNG
This library can read and write PNG files. It is written in pure Ruby for
maximum portability. Let me rephrase: it does NOT require RMagick or any other
memory leaking image library.
* Decodes any image that the PNG standard allows. This includes all standard
color modes, all bit depths and all transparency, interlacing and
* Encodes images supports all color modes (true color, grayscale and indexed)
and transparency for all these color modes. The best color mode will be
chosen automatically, based on the amount of used colors.
* R/W access to the image's pixels.
* R/W access to all image metadata that is stored in chunks.
* Memory efficient (uses a Fixnum, i.e. 4 or 8 bytes of memory per pixel,
depending on the hardware)
* Reasonably fast for Ruby standards, by only using integer math and a highly
optimized saving routine.
* Interoperability with RMagick if you really have to.
Also, have a look at OilyPNG at http://github.com/wvanbergen/oily_png.
OilyPNG is a mixin module that implements some of the ChunkyPNG algorithms
in C, which provides a massive speed boost to encoding and decoding.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-03-20) Updated to version: ruby23-chunky_png-1.3.8
- (2016-10-12) Updated to version: ruby22-chunky_png-1.3.7
- (2015-12-02) Updated to version: ruby200-chunky_png-1.3.5
- (2015-03-13) Updated to version: ruby200-chunky_png-1.3.4
- (2015-02-03) Updated to version: ruby200-chunky_png-1.3.3
- (2014-07-24) Updated to version: ruby200-chunky_png-1.3.0
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-03-20 14:04:21 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update ruby-chunky_png to 1.3.8.
=== 1.3.8 - 2016-08-31
- Add support for reading and writing an image's physical dimension (pHYs chunks).
| 2016-10-10 17:06:28 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-chunky_png to 1.3.7.
=== 1.3.7 - 2016-08-31
- Performance improvement for Color.euclidean_distance_rgba.
- Bugfix in decoding transparent pixels when decoding multiple images in a row.
=== 1.3.6 - 2016-06-19
- Allow reading images from streams that have trailing data after the IEND chunk.
- Add compatibility for Ruby 2.3's frozen string literals.
- Documentation updates and small cleanups.
| 2015-12-02 15:23:57 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-chunky_png to 1.3.5.
1.3.5 - 2015-10-28
* Performance improvements for Canvas#crop! and ImageData.combine_chunks
* Update chunky_png/rmagick to work with the latest versions of RMagick.
* Bugfix in Color#from_hsl and Color#from_hsv when hue value is 360.
* Fix encoding issue in Datastream#to_blob
| 2015-11-03 22:34:36 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (610) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for graphics category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package fotoxx distfile fotoxx-14.03.1.tar.gz
Package ploticus-examples distfile ploticus-2.00/plnode200.tar.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package AfterShotPro: missing distfile AfterShotPro-188.8.131.52/AfterShotPro_i386.deb
Package pgraf: missing distfile pgraf-20010131.tar.gz
Package qvplay: missing distfile qvplay-0.95.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-03-13 15:12:24 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update graphics/ruby-chunky_png to 1.3.4.
=== 1.3.4 - 2015-02-16
- Assert compatibility with Ruby 2.2
- Improved documentation using RDoc, so it is included on \
- Update chunkypng.com website; migrate some stuff from the wiki.
| 2015-02-03 15:02:24 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-chunky_png to 1.3.3.
1.3.3 - 2014-10-24
* Improve performance of Canvas#crop and Canvas#crop! by doing less memory
* Update to RSPEC 3
* Add CONTRIBUTING.rdoc file.
1.3.2 - 2014-10-18
* Add HSV/HSL color conversions: Color.from_hsl, Color.to_hsl
* Allow empty IDAT chunks to better conform to the PNG standard.
* Small bugfix in image resampling.
* Documentation and code readability improvements.
1.3.1 - 2014-04-28
* Improve performance of Palette.from_canvas.
* Add Color.euclidean_distance_rgba to compare colors.
* Bugix in Canvas.from_bgr_stream.
* Documentation and code readibility improvements.
* README updates, include mention of screencast.
| 2014-03-14 18:08:35 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-chunky_png to 1.3.0.
Changes are not available, please refer commit log:
| 2013-09-15 15:33:05 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-chunky_png to 1.2.8.
Exact changes aren't available but a few bug fixes.