/rss2email, Get RSS feeds emailed to you
3.8nb2, Package name:
rss2email-3.8nb2, Maintainer: schmonz
rss2email is a simple Python script that lets you subscribe to a
list of XML newsfeeds and get new items sent to you by email.
Required to run:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2014-05-17) Updated to version: rss2email-3.8nb2
- (2014-04-20) Updated to version: rss2email-3.8nb1
- (2014-01-20) Updated to version: rss2email-3.8
- (2013-10-11) Updated to version: rss2email-3.7
- (2013-09-11) Updated to version: rss2email-3.6
- (2013-07-02) Updated to version: rss2email-3.5
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2014-05-17 18:10:50 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (152) |
Bump applications PKGREVISIONs for python users that might be using
python3, since the default changed from python33 to python34.
I probably bumped too many. I hope I got them all.
| 2014-04-20 03:45:19 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Depend on latest py-html2text to make patching unnecessary. Bump PKGREVISION.
| 2014-01-25 11:30:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (533) | |
Mark packages as not ready for python-3.x where applicable;
either because they themselves are not ready or because a
dependency isn't. This is annotated by
PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 # not yet ported as of x.y.z
PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 # py-foo, py-bar
respectively, please use the same style for other packages,
and check during updates.
Use versioned_dependencies.mk where applicable.
Use REPLACE_PYTHON instead of handcoded alternatives, where applicable.
Reorder Makefile sections into standard order, where applicable.
Remove PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCLUDE_3X lines since that will be default
with the next commit.
Whitespace cleanups and other nits corrected, where necessary.
| 2014-01-19 20:54:47 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 3.8. From the changelog:
* Sluggify feed names on opmlimport.
* Allow Unicode letters and digits in feed names, instead of just
ASCII lettters and digits.
| 2013-10-11 19:16:44 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 3.7. From the changelog:
* Fix fallback for titles that contain malformed HTML.
* Fix atomic saves to avoid garbling config and data files if the disk is full.
* Convert the `friendly-name` boolean to the new `name-format`
setting. This allow users to customize how the friendly name is
* Demote guessed encodings logs from 'error' to 'warning'.
| 2013-09-10 23:36:32 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 3.6. From the changelog:
* Fix missing port argument for IMAPAuthenticationError.
* Fix `<div id="entry>` syntax error in HTML mail.
| 2013-07-25 18:32:20 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Provide slightly more correct upgrade instructions.
| 2013-07-02 03:13:30 by Amitai Schlair | Files touched by this commit (10) | |
Update to 3.5 (new upstream). From the changelog:
* Added digest generation and post-processing hooks.
* Fix html2text configuration (ignored since 2012-10-04).
* Fix opmlexport crash due to orphaned feed data.
* Use feed names in OPML 'text' attributes.
* Added post-processing hooks for user-specified message manipulation.
* Added settings for IMAP delivery. The old `use-smtp` boolean has
been replaced by a new `email-protocol` setting. Non-IMAP users
should adjust their configuration to set `email-protocol` to
either `sendmail` or `smtp`.
* Fix SMTP message submission logic.
* Fix error inheritence (super() calls).
* Convert html2text parsing errors to `ProcessingError`s.
* Cleanup html2text error handling.
* Drop Google Reader rel-via manipulation.
* Drop the wrapping <table> elements from HTML mail
* Use extended interpolation in configuration files, to allow percent signs (%).
* Added .as_string() fallback to email flattening (only used if
`use-smtp = False` and `use-8bit = True`).
* Added sendmail configuration option. Change this if you want to
use an alternative, sendmail-compatible mailer.
* Import __url__, __author__, and __email__ in rss2email.error,
which fixes bugs in formatting a number of errors.
* Changed project email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and homepage
* Split static configuration parameters into a ConfigParser-read
config file (rss2email.cfg). Data that depends on the feed state
is recorded using JSON (rss2email.json).
* Use the XDG Base Directory Specification for standardized
configuration and data file locations.
* Converted the command line interface to argparse, with some
restructuring along the way.
* Added the r2e.1 man page (based on one from the Debian package).
* Added setup.py and a PyPI page for simpler installation
* Added Message-ID headers to outgoing email.
* Added a test suite.
* Upgraded to Python 3.2 to take advantage of cleaner Unicode
handling and argparse.
* Require Signed-off-by lines in new commit messages, following the
Linux and Git projects.