Update to 184.108.40.206
* Compilation error with clang. Simple declaration of a routine.
* Update for libxml2-2.9.1 and reading from a connection for xmlEventParse().
* xmlIncludes() is a hierarchical version of getXIncludes()
* Modifications to xmlSource(), e.g. verbose = TRUE as default.
* Fix for xmlValue(node) = text. Identified by Lawrence Edwards.
Uses xmlNodeSetContent() now and leaves freeing the original content to \
* Updates for xmlSource()
* readHTMLTable() ignores headers that are over 999 characters.
* Fix a problem in readHTMLTable() with some table headers not having
the correct number of elements to match the columns.
* Introduced readHTMLList(), getHTMLLinks(), getHTMLExternalFiles(), \
* When serializing XMLNode objects, i.e. R representations of nodes, \
ensure " and <, etc. in attributes
are serialized correctly.
* Allow htmlParse(), xmlParse(), etc. ?
* Moved development version of the source code for the package to github -
* Changes to the structure of the package to allow installation directly \
via a one-step staging into the R package structure.
* Sample XML documents moved from data/ to exampleData, and examples updated.
* getDefaultNamespace() and matchNamespaces() use simplify = TRUE to call
xmlNamespaceDefinitions() to get the namespaces as a character vector \
* Documentation updates
* getNodeLocation() now reports the actual line number for text nodes \
rather than 0,
using the sibling nodes' or parent node's line number.
* xpathApply() and related functions work with builtin type \
* xpathApply() and related functions (getNodeSet, xpathSApply) allow
the caller to specify multiple queries as a character vector
and these are pasted together as compound location paths by
separating them with a '|'. This makes it easier for the
caller to manage the different queries.
* assigning to a child of a node works, e.g. node[["abc"]] = \
and node[[index]] = text/node. We replace a matching name. If the
replacement value is text, we use the name to
* getChildrenStrings() is a function that implements the equivalent of
xmlApply(node, xmlValue) but faster because we avoid the function call
for each element.
* options parameter for xmlParse() and htmlParse() for controlling the parser.
(Currently only used when encoding is explicitly specified.)
* encoding parameter for xmlParse() and xmlTreeParse() now works for XML \
not just HTML documents.
* Update for readHTMLTable() method so that we look at just the final \
in a <thead>.
* Fixed bug in findXInclude() that sometimes got the wrong \
Hence getNodeLocation() might report the wrong file, but correct line number!
* findXInclude() now has a recursive parameter that resolves the chain of \
This returns the full path to the file, relative to the base/top-level \
not just the parent document.
* Change to the default value of the error parameter in htmlParse() and \
which will generate a structured R error if there is an IO error.
The set of issues that will raise an error will be broadened in the future.
* Enabled the fixing of <dummy> namespaces by finding the definition o
for that prefix in the ancestor nodes.
* Synchronized compilation flags for Windows with those on OSX & Linux.
* Restore original error handler function for htmlParse() and htmlTreeParse()
* Fixed a reference counting problem caused by not adding a finalizer in the
as() method for coercing an XMLInternalNode to an XMLInternalDocument.
Example from Janko Thyson.
* Fixed up some partial argument names found by R CMD check!
* Added --enable-xml-debug option for the configure script and this activates
the debugging diagnostic reporting, mainly for the garbage collection and node
* Work-around for HTML documents not being freed (but XML documents are!)
* Added an isHTML parameter for xmlTreeParse.
* Merge htmlTreeParse/htmlParse with xmlTreeParse.
* Implemented some diagnostic facilities to determine if an external pointer
is in R's weak references list. This needs support within R. (Ask for \
* Start of implementation to allow nested calls to newXMLNode() to use \
defined in ancestor nodes. Disabled at present.