/JBidwatcher, Software for eBay sniping, bidding and monitoring
2.1.5, Package name:
JBidwatcher-2.1.5, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
A Java-based application allowing you to monitor auctions you're
not part of, submit bids, snipe (bid at the last moment), and
otherwise track your auction-site experience. It includes adult-auction
management, MANY currencies (pound, dollar (US, Canada, Australian,
and New Taiwanese) and euro, presently), drag-and-drop of auction
URLs, an original, unique and powerful 'multisniping' feature, a
relatively nice UI, and is known to work cleanly under Linux,
Windows, Solaris, and MacOSX from the same binary.
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2011-04-12) Updated to version: JBidwatcher-2.1.5
- (2011-03-11) Updated to version: JBidwatcher-188.8.131.52
- (2010-12-12) Updated to version: JBidwatcher-2.1.3
- (2010-11-24) Updated to version: JBidwatcher-2.1.2
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-04 00:49:56 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (330) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for misc category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package colorls: missing distfile ls.tar.gz
Package molden: missing distfile molden-4.6/molden4.6.tar.gz
Package softmaker-office-demo: missing distfile ofl06trial.tgz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2013-04-06 05:45:29 by Blue Rats | Files touched by this commit (152) |
COMMENT should not be longer than 70 characters.
COMMENT should not begin with 'A'.
COMMENT should not begin with 'An'.
COMMENT should not begin with 'a'.
COMMENT should not end with a period.
COMMENT should start with a capital letter.
pkglint warnings. Some files also got minor formatting, spelling, and style
| 2012-10-08 11:57:42 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (239) |
Drop PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT setting, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2011-04-12 10:46:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 2.1.5:
eBay has been pretty active lately; this most recent breakage was
just of non-US non-PayPal listings. I took the opportunity to
address a few minor issues, while I'm looking into some longer-term
problems. Best of luck with your auctions!
* The non-US non-PayPal item issue
* 'Post to: ' in location fields
* Failure to read feedback scores
* Some attempts to improve data consistency
* Completed auction loading and 'lost' auction recovery don't
block each other
* Better messaging around the browse-to site and My JBidwatcher
* Show the revision number on Windows and Linux
| 2011-03-11 11:57:03 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 184.108.40.206:
eBay made some surprising changes over the last week or so, removing the end \
date from a lot of their auction and fixed price listings. I had to scramble a \
little, but I came up with a way to handle it in the general case. Fixed price \
items now may show up as ‘n/a’ as their end date, because it’s just not \
visible to JBidwatcher. Other than that there’s a few minor fixes, improving \
the UI in little ways, and continuing to try and improve speed. Thanks for your \
support, and best of luck with your auctions!
* Fix breakage due to eBay removing the end-date from the title
on many listings
* Try to provide a safety-net for a potential sniping failure bug
* Get eBay pages as compressed data for faster updating
* Paste and Add Auction should add to the currently displayed tab/category
* Allow Basic Authentication lines longer than 80 characters
for My JBidwatcher support
* Improve the look of JBidwatcher’s minimized window under Mac OS X
| 2010-12-12 12:39:48 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 2.1.3:
* All ‘null (FP)’ problems should be resolved
* Post-end bid-counts should be correct again
* eBay is testing a new ‘confirm’ page which broke sniping.
* Update-All works again, and is reasonably efficient
* Substantial performance tuning
| 2010-11-23 23:55:52 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 2.1.2:
o Fix some drag-and-drop issues caused by eBay’s new URL format
o Improve My eBay lookup
o Fix the display problems which made it look like completed items were gone.
o Try to make post-end auction updating work more smoothly
o A bunch of internal bugfixes
| 2010-08-16 23:39:34 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 2.1.1:
Recognize auctions with BIN as auctions so they can be sniped.
Force the time to synchronize 5 minutes before a snipe fires.
Lots of tweaks to time synchronization to make it more accurate.
Make snipe, cancel snipe, and other internal web server functions work
Remove unused ‘Check for Updates’ menu item under Mac OS X; it uses \
JBidwatcher was failing to recognize a user as a high bidder if there \
was a bid retraction.
Toolbar hide and show again shouldn’t move the login status to the far \
left of the toolbar.
Recognize eBay’s error message for sellers trying to bid on their own \
Detect reserve listings again, and some other minor reserve-related tweaks.
A ton of other cleanups and refactorings.
Add selection color setting to the Window menu
Some work towards providing a sync-with-mobile capability (disabled for now)
Substantial renovations to the auction update cycle; auctions to update \
don’t need to be in memory anymore.
Add selling-item retrieval to the My eBay search; successfully retrieved \
An attempt at getting My eBay watch lists working.
Add the ability to refresh the log view
Add a donation button that is easily dismissible.
Include last-updated information in the Info display.