/calibre, E-book library management application
2.83.0nb1, Package name:
calibre-2.83.0nb1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
calibre is a ebook library management application. Its features are
divided into the following categories:
* Library Management
* Format conversion (all major ebook formats can be converted from)
* Syncing to ebook reader devices
* Fetching news from the web and converting it into ebook form
* Viewing many different ebook formats
* Giving you access to your book collection over the internet using
just a browser
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-23) Updated to version: calibre-2.83.0nb1
- (2017-04-18) Updated to version: calibre-2.83.0
- (2017-04-04) Updated to version: calibre-2.82.0
- (2017-03-13) Updated to version: calibre-2.81.0
- (2017-03-08) Updated to version: calibre-2.80.0
- (2017-02-17) Updated to version: calibre-2.79.1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-22 23:04:05 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (670) | |
Revbump after icu update
| 2017-04-18 15:51:24 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated calibre to 2.83.0.
- version: 2.83.0
- title: "PDF Output: Default to generating PDFs with a page size of \
letter instead of taking the page size from the output profile."
description: 'This avoids user confusion/bug reports about PDF Output \
having "too large fonts". There is a new option "Use profile \
size" to have the conversion use the output profile page size instead.'
- title: "PDF/DOCX Output: Add separate, pdf/docx specific, page margin \
settings that override the common settings."
description: "Useful because page margin settings for page oriented \
formats, such as PDF and DOCX are usually different than those for reflowable \
formats such as EPUB"
- title: "Table of Contents tool: Add an undo button"
- title: "Metadata jacket: Show custom rating columns using stars"
- title: "Metadata jacket: Change formatting of series to match that \
used by the book details panel. Also allow access to the raw series name and \
number when customizing the jacket template."
- title: "calibredb check_library: Vacuum database when running the \
- title: "Check Book: Add a check for empty identifier elements"
- title: "Edit book/Book polishing: When adding a cover to an EPUB 3.0 \
file set the svg property if a SVG cover wrapper is used"
- title: "Refresh the book list when a User Category is added/edited."
- title: "EPUB metadata: Fix deleting ISBN from EPUB file could result \
in an EPUB file without a package identifier if the ISBN was used as the package \
- title: "Amazon metadata download: Fix title and author names being \
bold in the downloaded comments when using bing to get amazon metadata."
- title: "PDF Output: Fix a regression that broke PDF Output for \
documents containing mathematics."
- title: 'E-book viewer: Fix a regression that broke the "Clear \
recently read books" action in the viewer'
- Go Comics
- Die Zeit (subscription)
- New York Magazine
- title: Jacobin magazine
author: Darko Miletic
| 2017-04-04 14:07:25 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated calibre to 2.82.0.
- version: 2.82.0
- title: "Edit Book: Saved Searches: Add keyboard shortcut (Alt+Up/Down \
Arrow) to move selected searches"
- title: "Fix a typo in the previous release that caused dynamically \
updated metadata source plugins to stop working."
- title: "Catalog generation: Ignore tags with commas in them when \
- title: "News download: Do not use Microsoft user agents as more and \
more websites are serving JPEG XR images to these browsers"
- title: "Amazon metadata download: Fix spurious results when searching \
for books that are not present on amazon using a search engine."
- title: "Get Books: Fix free samples being detected as independent \
books when searching OPDS based stores such as Feedbooks."
- title: "Edit Book: Saved Searches: Preserve selection when using \
arrows to move multiple items"
- title: "Fix template formatter functions not being reloaded after a \
check library operation"
- title: "Fix an error during shutdown caused by some library closed \
- The Economist
- Telegraph UK
- title: The Morning Paper
author: Darko Miletic
| 2017-03-12 21:30:37 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated calibre to 2.81.0.
- version: 2.81.0
- title: "Amazon metadata download: Allow downloading amazon metadata \
from multiple sources. You can now configure the Amazon plugin via \
Preferences->Metadata download to use either the amazon servers, or various \
search engine caches to get the metadata. Should help with the recent CAPTCHA \
problems when downloading metadata from amazon"
- title: "Kobo driver: Add support for new firmware"
- title: "Edit Book: Spell Check dialog: Always add the original word \
as one of the spelling corrections, so that small edits to the word can be made \
- title: "Edit Book: Saved searched Dialog: Allow re-arranging the \
saved searches using drag and drop."
- title: "Implement auto update of builtin metadata download plugins, \
just as for recipes and Get Books plugins. Needed as the websites they get data \
from often change."
- title: "Edit Book: When inserting full screen images, use the actual \
image dimensions in the generated SVG code, when available"
- title: "Linux installer: Check that the umask is suitable before \
running the installer. Should fix breakage on systems where users have changed \
the user umask but neglected to also alter it for sudo"
- title: "Bulk metadata edit: Remove the control to delete specific \
formats as it is redundant. This functionality is already present by right \
clicking the Remove books button"
- title: "TXT Input: When detecting the encoding of txt files only use \
the first four kilobytes of text. Fixes excessively slow conversion of very \
large text files."
- title: "Get Books: Fix price not being displayed for books from \
Amazon dues to website changes"
- title: "GetBooks: Update Google Books plugin for website changes"
- title: "E-book viewer: Fix slow startup when recently opened files \
are on a slow/malfunctioning networked filesystem."
- title: "Google metadata download: Fix metadata not being found when \
the title of the book includes a sub-title"
- title: "Improve downloading of covers from the google books metadata \
- title: "News download: Fix a bug that could cause a crash when \
downloading an SVG image."
- title: "Edit book: Fix a regression that caused pasting copied text \
from programs that generate both HTML and plain text when copying to paste the \
HTML in preference to the plain text"
- The Economist
- Kansas City Star
- The Spectator
| 2017-03-07 23:47:40 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated calibre to 2.80.0.
- version: 2.80.0
- title: "Add support for sideloading of KFX files created with the \
third-party KFX calibre plugin"
- title: "Edit book: Allow drag and drop of image files, stylesheets \
and html files into the editor to insert the appropriate <img> and \
<link> tags and add the files to the book automatically."
- title: "Kobo driver: Add support for updated firmware"
- title: "Edit Book: Spell Check: If there are no suggestions fill the \
suggested word box with the original word."
- title: "Viewer: add a shortcut (Ctrl+F11) to show/hide toolbars."
- title: "PDF Output: Fix courier font not being rendered when \
converting on windows."
- title: "E-mail delivery: Add a Message-ID header when sending emails. \
Reduces probability of mails sent from calibre being marked as spam"
- title: "Save to disk: Fix path shortening being applied to entire \
save template even when saving to singe directory."
- title: "Get Books: Update the Virualo and Publi store plugins for \
- title: "Viewer: Fix regression that caused slow opening of some books \
with missing font/css/image files"
- title: "Viewer: Pressing Ctrl+F in fullscreen mode should show the \
- title: "Edit book: Do not allow creating multiple new files whose \
names differ only by case."
- title: "Viewer: Use heuristics to try to detect comics encoded as \
fixed layout EPUBs to ensure they are displayed as intended."
- The Atlantic
- The Financial Times
- title: Various new and improved Belgian news sources
| 2017-02-20 18:00:37 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (30) |
Switch py-dateutils to plain DEPENDS.
It supports both python 2 and 3 nowadays.
| 2017-02-17 16:43:43 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Updated calibre to 2.79.1.
Windows: Make recently opened books show up in the jump lists for the \
standalone viewer and editor programs
OS X/Linux: Show an informational popup message when an Android device is \
plugged in that needs the user to tap Allow for the connection to work.
Conversion: Log options that are different from the defaults separately, for \
2.79.1 fixes a regression in 2.79.0 that broke the file open dialogs on \
Conversion: Fix regression that broke conversion of some epub files when \
using the 'Remove first image' option.
Get Books: Update Kobo plugin for website changes
Windows MTP driver: Fix error when enumerating device storage not being \
reported during debug device detection
Tag Browser: When dragging and dropping a book onto a series increment the \
Fix crash when generating covers with Qt 5.8 on linux
Fix Get Books result list and jobs list not being populated on Qt 5.8
Fix importing rules in the coloring/icon rules dialog not enabling the apply \
| 2017-02-12 07:26:18 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1451) |
Recursive revbump from fonts/harfbuzz