/calibre, E-book library management application
2.81.0, Package name:
calibre-2.81.0, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
calibre is a ebook library management application. Its features are
divided into the following categories:
* Library Management
* Format conversion (all major ebook formats can be converted from)
* Syncing to ebook reader devices
* Fetching news from the web and converting it into ebook form
* Viewing many different ebook formats
* Giving you access to your book collection over the internet using
just a browser
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-03-13) Updated to version: calibre-2.81.0
- (2017-03-08) Updated to version: calibre-2.80.0
- (2017-02-17) Updated to version: calibre-2.79.1
- (2017-02-12) Updated to version: calibre-2.78.0nb2
- (2017-02-06) Updated to version: calibre-2.78.0nb1
- (2017-02-06) Updated to version: calibre-2.78.0
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-03-12 21:30:37 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated calibre to 2.81.0.
- version: 2.81.0
- title: "Amazon metadata download: Allow downloading amazon metadata \
from multiple sources. You can now configure the Amazon plugin via \
Preferences->Metadata download to use either the amazon servers, or various \
search engine caches to get the metadata. Should help with the recent CAPTCHA \
problems when downloading metadata from amazon"
- title: "Kobo driver: Add support for new firmware"
- title: "Edit Book: Spell Check dialog: Always add the original word \
as one of the spelling corrections, so that small edits to the word can be made \
- title: "Edit Book: Saved searched Dialog: Allow re-arranging the \
saved searches using drag and drop."
- title: "Implement auto update of builtin metadata download plugins, \
just as for recipes and Get Books plugins. Needed as the websites they get data \
from often change."
- title: "Edit Book: When inserting full screen images, use the actual \
image dimensions in the generated SVG code, when available"
- title: "Linux installer: Check that the umask is suitable before \
running the installer. Should fix breakage on systems where users have changed \
the user umask but neglected to also alter it for sudo"
- title: "Bulk metadata edit: Remove the control to delete specific \
formats as it is redundant. This functionality is already present by right \
clicking the Remove books button"
- title: "TXT Input: When detecting the encoding of txt files only use \
the first four kilobytes of text. Fixes excessively slow conversion of very \
large text files."
- title: "Get Books: Fix price not being displayed for books from \
Amazon dues to website changes"
- title: "GetBooks: Update Google Books plugin for website changes"
- title: "E-book viewer: Fix slow startup when recently opened files \
are on a slow/malfunctioning networked filesystem."
- title: "Google metadata download: Fix metadata not being found when \
the title of the book includes a sub-title"
- title: "Improve downloading of covers from the google books metadata \
- title: "News download: Fix a bug that could cause a crash when \
downloading an SVG image."
- title: "Edit book: Fix a regression that caused pasting copied text \
from programs that generate both HTML and plain text when copying to paste the \
HTML in preference to the plain text"
- The Economist
- Kansas City Star
- The Spectator
| 2017-03-07 23:47:40 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated calibre to 2.80.0.
- version: 2.80.0
- title: "Add support for sideloading of KFX files created with the \
third-party KFX calibre plugin"
- title: "Edit book: Allow drag and drop of image files, stylesheets \
and html files into the editor to insert the appropriate <img> and \
<link> tags and add the files to the book automatically."
- title: "Kobo driver: Add support for updated firmware"
- title: "Edit Book: Spell Check: If there are no suggestions fill the \
suggested word box with the original word."
- title: "Viewer: add a shortcut (Ctrl+F11) to show/hide toolbars."
- title: "PDF Output: Fix courier font not being rendered when \
converting on windows."
- title: "E-mail delivery: Add a Message-ID header when sending emails. \
Reduces probability of mails sent from calibre being marked as spam"
- title: "Save to disk: Fix path shortening being applied to entire \
save template even when saving to singe directory."
- title: "Get Books: Update the Virualo and Publi store plugins for \
- title: "Viewer: Fix regression that caused slow opening of some books \
with missing font/css/image files"
- title: "Viewer: Pressing Ctrl+F in fullscreen mode should show the \
- title: "Edit book: Do not allow creating multiple new files whose \
names differ only by case."
- title: "Viewer: Use heuristics to try to detect comics encoded as \
fixed layout EPUBs to ensure they are displayed as intended."
- The Atlantic
- The Financial Times
- title: Various new and improved Belgian news sources
| 2017-02-20 18:00:37 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (30) |
Switch py-dateutils to plain DEPENDS.
It supports both python 2 and 3 nowadays.
| 2017-02-17 16:43:43 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Updated calibre to 2.79.1.
Windows: Make recently opened books show up in the jump lists for the \
standalone viewer and editor programs
OS X/Linux: Show an informational popup message when an Android device is \
plugged in that needs the user to tap Allow for the connection to work.
Conversion: Log options that are different from the defaults separately, for \
2.79.1 fixes a regression in 2.79.0 that broke the file open dialogs on \
Conversion: Fix regression that broke conversion of some epub files when \
using the 'Remove first image' option.
Get Books: Update Kobo plugin for website changes
Windows MTP driver: Fix error when enumerating device storage not being \
reported during debug device detection
Tag Browser: When dragging and dropping a book onto a series increment the \
Fix crash when generating covers with Qt 5.8 on linux
Fix Get Books result list and jobs list not being populated on Qt 5.8
Fix importing rules in the coloring/icon rules dialog not enabling the apply \
| 2017-02-12 07:26:18 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1451) |
Recursive revbump from fonts/harfbuzz
| 2017-02-06 14:56:14 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1452) |
Recursive bump for harfbuzz's new graphite2 dependency.
| 2017-02-05 19:34:09 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated calibre to 2.78.0.
Use included versions of chardet and html5lib.
chardet: not sure if included copy is modified.
html5lib: included copy is definitely modified.
View button: Add an action to the right click menu that always opens the \
book with the calibre viewer, regardless of the preferences
Kobo driver: Update to support the newest firmware from Kobo
E-book viewer: Allow opening a specific item from the Table of Contents via \
the --open-at command line parameter.
Closes tickets: 1656573
Amazon metadata download: Add support for downloading from amazon.ca
Edit Book: Do not condense CSS rules when saving AZW3 files regardless of \
the value of Preferences->Common Options->Look & Feel->Expand CSS
EPUB Output: Fix a duplicate id created in rare circumstances when splitting \
on page breaks.
Closes tickets: 1658744
DOCX Input: Fix error when converting documents that have images pointing to \
Closes tickets: 1659142
E-book viewer: Fix a regression that caused an increase in load times when \
loading the individual HTML files inside an EPUB book.
Closes tickets: 1658578
Fix setting a similar books search to use the formats field in \
Preferences->Searching resulting in an error.
Closes tickets: 1658386
Kobo driver: Fix incorrect cover size being uploaded to the Glo HD
E-book viewer: Fix 'View Image' right click menu action not available for \
svg files included via <img> tags.
Closes tickets: 1657717
HTML Input: Remove the # character from input filenames, for maximum \
Closes tickets: 1656833
Edit Book: Fix spell check treating the unicode hyphen (U+2010) differently \
from the normal hyphen (U+002d).
Closes tickets: 1656319
New news sources
The Sunday Times Magazine by Bobby Steel
Improved news sources
| 2017-01-27 11:24:56 by Klaus Klein | Files touched by this commit (2) |
pyPdf hasn't been used by calibre since 2012, neither in bundled (removed)
nor in dependency form.
Noted by Eli Schwartz.