/p5-Business-CreditCard, Perl5 module to validate/generate credit card checksums/names
0.36, Package name:
p5-Business-CreditCard-0.36, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
These subroutines tell you whether a credit card number is
self-consistent -- whether the last digit of the number is a valid
checksum for the preceding digits.
The validate() subroutine returns 1 if the card number provided passes
the checksum test, and 0 otherwise.
The cardtype() subroutine returns a string containing the type of card:
"MasterCard", "VISA", and so on. My list is not complete; I welcome
The generate_last_digit() subroutine computes and returns the last digit
of the card given the preceding digits. With a 16-digit card, you
provide the first 15 digits; the subroutine returns the sixteenth.
This module does not tell you whether the number is on an actual card,
only whether it might conceivably be on a real card.
These subroutines will also work if you provide the arguments as numbers
instead of strings, e.g. validate(5276440065421319).
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-08-13) Updated to version: p5-Business-CreditCard-0.36
- (2016-06-09) Updated to version: p5-Business-CreditCard-0.34nb1
- (2016-02-07) Updated to version: p5-Business-CreditCard-0.34
- (2015-06-12) Updated to version: p5-Business-CreditCard-0.33nb1
- (2014-12-13) Updated to version: p5-Business-CreditCard-0.33
- (2014-05-30) Updated to version: p5-Business-CreditCard-0.31nb5
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-08-13 05:16:07 by Wen Heping | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 0.36
0.36 Tue Jun 14 11:36:05 PDT 2016
- Allow (and doc) import of receipt_cardtype
- validate_card() is a new synonym for validate(), starting a long-term
plan to stop exporting validate() or anything else by default.
- Best-effort cardtype() when only the first two digits are available
(identify masked 60xx as Discover)
0.35 Tue Feb 9 14:43:38 PST 2016
- Fix bug identifying 49* Visa cards introduced in 0.34, patch from
Ed J, thanks!
- doc: Clarify processing agreements don't apply to Canada
| 2016-06-08 21:25:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2236) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.
| 2016-02-07 02:52:48 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 0.34
0.34 Fri Feb 5 07:24:00 PST 2016
- 19 digit Visa and Discover cards
- MasterCard 222100-272099 range
- Canada does not process JCB 3529-3589 as Discover, but Puerto Rico,
US Virgin Islans, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau and Guam do
- China Union Pay only processed as Discover in the US, Mexico and
the Caribbean, not elsewhere outside China
- 14 digit Discover remain only in 36*
- receipt_cardtype subroutine supporting Discover's new receipt
| 2015-11-04 00:49:56 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (330) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for misc category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package colorls: missing distfile ls.tar.gz
Package molden: missing distfile molden-4.6/molden4.6.tar.gz
Package softmaker-office-demo: missing distfile ofl06trial.tgz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-06-12 12:52:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3152) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for all packages mentioning 'perl',
having a PKGNAME of p5-*, or depending such a package,
| 2014-12-13 04:30:39 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update 0.31 to 0.33
0.33 Sat Sep 13 16:13:15 PDT 2014
- With $Country explicity to CA, fix identification of JCB 3529-3589
- Allow use of our subroutines as class methods, patch from Adam
- Add tests for processing agreement / country functionality
0.32 Thu Feb 21 16:02:42 PST 2013
- Add Israeli Isracard (no checksum yet)
- Add LICENSE=>perl to Makefile.PL; add license to META.yml,
closes: cpan #27735
- Documentation: Add link to Neil Bowers' review of CC check modules
- Rearrange cardtype() for performance
- Fix Discover identification of 39 and 3529-3589 prefixes, patch from
Jason Terry, thanks!
| 2014-10-09 15:45:06 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (456) |
Remove SVR4_PKGNAME, per discussion on tech-pkg.
| 2014-05-30 01:38:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3049) |
Bump for perl-5.20.0.
Do it for all packages that
* mention perl, or
* have a directory name starting with p5-*, or
* depend on a package starting with p5-
like last time, for 5.18, where this didn't lead to complaints.
Let me know if you have any this time.