/x265, High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC)
2.3, Package name:
x265-2.3, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
x265 is an open-source project and free application library for encoding video
streams into the H.265/High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) format.
Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-02-27) Updated to version: x265-2.3
- (2017-01-01) Updated to version: x265-2.2
- (2016-10-03) Updated to version: x265-2.1
- (2016-08-21) Updated to version: x265-2.0
- (2016-02-09) Updated to version: x265-1.9
- (2015-10-25) Updated to version: x265-1.8
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-02-25 09:32:19 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
1. New SSIM-based RD-cost computation for improved visual quality, and \
efficiency; use :option:`--ssim-rd` to exercise.
2. Multi-pass encoding can now share analysis information from prior passes (in \
addition to rate-control information) to improve performance and quality of \
subsequent passes; to your multi-pass command-lines that use the \
:option:`--pass` option, add :option:`--multi-pass-opt-distortion` to share \
distortion information, and :option:`--multi-pass-opt-analysis` to share other \
3. A dedicated thread pool for lookahead can now be specified with \
4. option:`--dynamic-rd` dynamically increase analysis in areas where the \
bitrate is being capped by VBV; works for both CRF and ABR encodes with VBV \
5. The number of bits used to signal the delta-QP can be optimized with the \
:option:`--opt-cu-delta-qp` option; found to be useful in some scenarios for \
lower bitrate targets.
6. Experimental feature option:`--aq-motion` adds new QP offsets based on \
relative motion of a block with respect to the movement of the frame.
1. Reconfigure API now supports signalling new scaling lists.
2. x265 application's csv functionality now reports time (in milliseconds) taken \
to encode each frame.
3. :option:`--strict-cbr` enables stricter bitrate adherence by adding filler \
bits when achieved bitrate is lower than the target; earlier, it was only \
reacting when the achieved rate was higher.
4. :option:`--hdr` can be used to ensure that max-cll and max-fall values are \
always signaled (even if 0,0).
1. Fixed incorrect HW thread counting on MacOS platform.
2. Fixed scaling lists support for 4:4:4 videos.
3. Inconsistent output fix for :option:`--opt-qp-pss` by removing last slice's \
QP from cost calculation.
4. VTune profiling (enabled using ENABLE_VTUNE CMake option) now also works with \
2017 VTune builds.
| 2017-02-13 14:39:55 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Add support for the Sun linker. Fixes joyent/pkgsrc/issues/455 on SunOS.
Based on jcea's pull request.
| 2017-01-19 19:52:30 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (352) |
Convert all occurrences (353 by my count) of
MASTER_SITES= site1 \
style continuation lines to be simple repeated
lines. As previewed on tech-pkg. With thanks to rillig for fixing pkglint
| 2017-01-01 17:31:44 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
1. Enhancements to TU selection algorithm with early-outs for improved speed; \
use :option:`--limit-tu` to exercise.
2. New motion search method SEA (Successive Elimination Algorithm) supported now \
as :option: `--me` 4
3. Bit-stream optimizations to improve fields in PPS and SPS for bit-rate \
savings through :option:`--[no-]opt-qp-pps`, \
:option:`--[no-]opt-ref-list-length-pps`, and \
4. Enabled using VBV constraints when encoding without WPP.
5. All param options dumped in SEI packet in bitstream when info selected.
6. x265 now supports POWERPC-based systems. Several key functions also have \
optimized ALTIVEC kernels.
| 2016-10-10 19:13:42 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Distfile has been changed
| 2016-10-03 14:29:15 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
| 2016-08-21 13:42:02 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
| 2016-02-09 13:04:56 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |