/x265, High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC)
2.4, Package name:
x265-2.4, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
x265 is an open-source project and free application library for encoding video
streams into the H.265/High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) format.
Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-26) Updated to version: x265-2.4
- (2017-02-27) Updated to version: x265-2.3
- (2017-01-01) Updated to version: x265-2.2
- (2016-10-03) Updated to version: x265-2.1
- (2016-08-21) Updated to version: x265-2.0
- (2016-02-09) Updated to version: x265-1.9
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-25 20:29:57 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
1. HDR10+ supported. Dynamic metadata may be either supplied as a bitstream via \
the userSEI field of x265_picture, or as a json jile that can be parsed by x265 \
and inserted into the bitstream; use :option:`--dhdr10-info` to specify json \
file name, and :option:`--dhdr10-opt` to enable optimization of inserting \
tone-map information only at IDR frames, or when the tone map information \
2. Lambda tables for 8, 10, and 12-bit encoding revised, resulting in \
significant enhancement to subjective visual quality.
3. Enhanced HDR10 encoding with HDR-specific QP optimzations for chroma, and \
luma planes of WCG content enabled; use :option:`--hdr-opt` to activate.
4. Ability to accept analysis information from other previous encodes (that may \
or may not be x265), and selectively reuse and refine analysis for encoding \
subsequent passes enabled with the :option:`--refine-level` option.
5. Slow and veryslow presets receive a 20% speed boost at iso-quality by \
enabling the :option:`--limit-tu` option.
6. The bitrate target for x265 can now be dynamically reconfigured via the \
7. Performance optimized SAO algorithm introduced via the :option:`--limit-sao` \
option; seeing 10% speed benefits at faster presets.
1. x265_reconfigure API now also accepts rate-control parameters for dynamic \
2. Several additions to data fields in x265_analysis to support \
:option:`--refine-level`: see x265.h for more details.
1. Avoid negative offsets in x265 lambda2 table with SAO enabled.
2. Fix mingw32 build error.
3. Seek now enabled for pipe input, in addition to file-based input
4. Fix issue of statically linking core-utils not working in linux.
5. Fix visual artifacts with :option:`--multi-pass-opt-distortion` with VBV.
6. Fix bufferFill stats reported in csv.
| 2017-02-25 09:32:19 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
1. New SSIM-based RD-cost computation for improved visual quality, and \
efficiency; use :option:`--ssim-rd` to exercise.
2. Multi-pass encoding can now share analysis information from prior passes (in \
addition to rate-control information) to improve performance and quality of \
subsequent passes; to your multi-pass command-lines that use the \
:option:`--pass` option, add :option:`--multi-pass-opt-distortion` to share \
distortion information, and :option:`--multi-pass-opt-analysis` to share other \
3. A dedicated thread pool for lookahead can now be specified with \
4. option:`--dynamic-rd` dynamically increase analysis in areas where the \
bitrate is being capped by VBV; works for both CRF and ABR encodes with VBV \
5. The number of bits used to signal the delta-QP can be optimized with the \
:option:`--opt-cu-delta-qp` option; found to be useful in some scenarios for \
lower bitrate targets.
6. Experimental feature option:`--aq-motion` adds new QP offsets based on \
relative motion of a block with respect to the movement of the frame.
1. Reconfigure API now supports signalling new scaling lists.
2. x265 application's csv functionality now reports time (in milliseconds) taken \
to encode each frame.
3. :option:`--strict-cbr` enables stricter bitrate adherence by adding filler \
bits when achieved bitrate is lower than the target; earlier, it was only \
reacting when the achieved rate was higher.
4. :option:`--hdr` can be used to ensure that max-cll and max-fall values are \
always signaled (even if 0,0).
1. Fixed incorrect HW thread counting on MacOS platform.
2. Fixed scaling lists support for 4:4:4 videos.
3. Inconsistent output fix for :option:`--opt-qp-pss` by removing last slice's \
QP from cost calculation.
4. VTune profiling (enabled using ENABLE_VTUNE CMake option) now also works with \
2017 VTune builds.
| 2017-02-13 14:39:55 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Add support for the Sun linker. Fixes joyent/pkgsrc/issues/455 on SunOS.
Based on jcea's pull request.
| 2017-01-19 19:52:30 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (352) |
Convert all occurrences (353 by my count) of
MASTER_SITES= site1 \
style continuation lines to be simple repeated
lines. As previewed on tech-pkg. With thanks to rillig for fixing pkglint
| 2017-01-01 17:31:44 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
1. Enhancements to TU selection algorithm with early-outs for improved speed; \
use :option:`--limit-tu` to exercise.
2. New motion search method SEA (Successive Elimination Algorithm) supported now \
as :option: `--me` 4
3. Bit-stream optimizations to improve fields in PPS and SPS for bit-rate \
savings through :option:`--[no-]opt-qp-pps`, \
:option:`--[no-]opt-ref-list-length-pps`, and \
4. Enabled using VBV constraints when encoding without WPP.
5. All param options dumped in SEI packet in bitstream when info selected.
6. x265 now supports POWERPC-based systems. Several key functions also have \
optimized ALTIVEC kernels.
| 2016-10-10 19:13:42 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Distfile has been changed
| 2016-10-03 14:29:15 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
| 2016-08-21 13:42:02 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |