/dnstracer, Tool to trace dns queries
1.10, Package name:
dnstracer-1.10, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Dnstracer determines where a given Domain Name Server (DNS) gets its
information from, and follows the chain of DNS servers back to the
servers which know the data.
Its behaviour is similar to ntptrace(8), which does it for the NTP
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-03-08) Updated to version: dnstracer-1.10
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2012-02-06) Updated to version: dnstracer-1.9
- (2005-10-05) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version dnstracer-1.7 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-03-20 16:19:47 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix problem of pod2man not found, thanks joerg.
| 2015-03-14 15:33:37 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (2) |
defuzz patch context so it applies
| 2015-03-13 19:23:02 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (1) |
needs gzip(1) tool in manual extraction target
| 2015-03-08 04:39:28 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
- Add LICENSE= 2-clause-bsd
- Takes care two targets by pkgsrc, not WRKSRC side:
do-extract and do-install
- Update 1.09 to 1.10
CHANGES,v 1.26 2004/07/08 08:19:58 mavetju
- Add support for EDNS0 (extra big packets)
- Add support for querying of ANY records.
- Add represention of SRV, RP records.
| 2014-02-26 19:17:39 by Sebastian Wiedenroth | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Link network libs and always use the gethostbyname2 wrapper on SunOS
| 2012-10-23 19:19:22 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (671) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.
| 2012-02-06 15:20:24 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.9. Notable changes:
- With the rollout of IPv6 for a.root-servers.net, it always
took the IPv6 address even if you used the -4 option.
- Fix false lame server issues with domains which have the
higher domain in it (command.com for example).
- Warnings are printed if you receive a different RR type
than the one you asked for (for example when you ask for
an A record and receive a CNAME)
- Fixed problems when records received in the authority
field are shorter than the domain the nameserver is
- When compiled without IPv6 support on an IPv6 capable
machine the machine tried to query the IPv6 translated
IPv4 address anyway.
| 2011-04-15 10:34:01 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (10) |
Use USE_FEATURES=inet6 for requirement of IPv6 support, instead of unusual usage