/host, Powerful DNS query and testing tool
20070128, Package name:
host-20070128, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Host is a very powerful DNS query and testing command-line tool. Major
differences with the ancient version of the program with the same name
that's included in the BIND-4 and BIND-8 distributions:
- Major overhaul of the entire code including rigid error checking,
and verbose error messages. Several sections have been rewritten
from scratch. Documentation has been added. Syntax extended.
- It is now possible to do recursive listings into delegated zones.
- Maintain resource record statistics and host count during zone listings.
- Check for various extraneous conditions during zone listings.
- Check for illegal domain names containing invalid characters.
- Verify that certain domain names represent canonical host names.
- Perform ttl consistency checking during zone listings.
- Exploit multiple server addresses if available.
- Option to exploit only primary server for zone transfers.
- Option to exclude info from names that do not reside in a zone.
- Implement timeout handling during connect and read.
- Write resource record output to optional log file.
- Special MB tracing by recursively expanding MR and MG records.
- Special mode to check SOA records at each nameserver for a zone.
- Special mode to check reverse mappings of host addresses.
- Configurable default options in HOST_DEFAULTS environment variable.
- Implement new resource record types from RFCs 1183, 1348, 1664, 1712,
1876 and 1886. Basic experimental NSAP support as defined in RFC 1637.
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-07-21) Updated to version: host-20070128
- (2013-02-18) Updated to version: host-20040812nb2
- (2012-10-21) Updated to version: host-20040812nb1
- (2012-06-11) Package has been reborn
- (2012-06-11) Package deleted from pkgsrc
- (2005-10-05) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version host-20040812 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-07-09 13:50:36 by Roland Illig | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fixed some pkglint warnings.
| 2016-02-25 17:20:53 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (47) |
| 2015-11-04 01:35:47 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (748) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for net category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package haproxy distfile haproxy-1.5.14.tar.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package bsddip: missing distfile bsddip-1.02.tar.Z
Package citrix_ica: missing distfile citrix_ica-10.6.115659/en.linuxx86.tar.gz
Package djbdns: missing distfile djbdns-1.05-test25.diff.bz2
Package djbdns: missing distfile djbdns-cachestats.patch
Package djbdns: missing distfile 0002-dnscache-cache-soa-records.patch
Package gated: missing distfile gated-3-5-11.tar.gz
Package owncloudclient: missing distfile owncloudclient-2.0.2.tar.xz
Package poink: missing distfile poink-1.6.tar.gz
Package ra-rtsp-proxy: missing distfile rtspd-src-126.96.36.199.tar.gz
Package ucspi-ssl: missing distfile ucspi-ssl-0.70-ucspitls-0.1.patch
Package waste: missing distfile waste-source.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2014-08-28 12:58:19 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (11) |
Remove SunOS BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM instances which remove -Wl,--* GNU ld
arguments, these are now handled globally by mk/platform/SunOS.mk
| 2013-07-21 14:28:32 by Sergey Svishchev | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update to 2007/01/17. Changes:
- the --checkzone option now actually works.
- canonical hostname checks are not done if the answer they are
found in doesn't have the "recursion available" flag set.
- the logic for printing the warning when canonical hostname
checks are skipped has been corrected.
- the way that canonical hostname checks are done has been fixed
so that only initial results from the query for A RRs are used.
- a warning is now printed whenever a query requesting recursion
results in an answer without the "ra" (recursion available) flag.
| 2013-02-18 05:26:26 by David A. Holland | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for previous as it changes the package on all non-Alpha
| 2013-02-18 05:25:07 by David A. Holland | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Fix Linux build; from Rafael Kitover in PR 47546. While here, teach it
to not store IP(v4) addresses in 64-bit integers on LP64 hosts, as
that causes problems.
| 2012-10-23 19:19:22 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (671) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.