/py-zmq, Python bindings for zeromq
16.0.2, Package name:
py27-zmq-16.0.2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
PyZMQ is ostensibly the Python bindings for ZeroMQ, but the project,
following Python's 'batteries included' philosophy, provides more than
just Python methods objects for calling into the ZeroMQ C++ library.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-02-02) Updated to version: py27-zmq-16.0.2
- (2014-11-15) Updated to version: py27-zmq-14.4.1
- (2014-07-08) Updated to version: py27-zmq-14.3.0nb1
- (2014-06-09) Updated to version: py27-zmq-14.3.0
- (2014-03-01) Updated to version: py27-zmq-14.0.1
- (2013-07-31) Updated to version: py27-zmq-13.1.0
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-02-02 20:05:01 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add missing Python 3 PLIST entries
| 2017-02-02 12:53:58 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Stop messing with compiler/linker bitness on SunOS. Let pkgsrc and compiler do \
| 2017-02-02 11:16:30 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update net/py-zmq to 16.0.2.
- Workaround bug in libzmq-4.2.0 causing EINVAL on poll.
- Fix erroneous EAGAIN that could happen on async sockets
- Bundle libzmq 4.1.6
- Support for Python 2.6 and Python 3.2 is dropped. For old Pythons, use
:command:`pip install "pyzmq<16"` to get the last version of pyzmq
that supports these versions.
- Include zmq.h
- Deprecate zmq.Stopwatch. Native Python timing tools can be used
- Better support for using pyzmq as a Cython library - bundle zmq.h when
pyzmq bundles libzmq as an extension - add
:func:`zmq.get_library_dirs` to find bundled libzmq
- Updates to setup.py for Cython 0.25 compatibility
- Various asyncio/future fixes: - support raw sockets in pollers - allow
cancelling async sends
- Fix :meth:`IOLoop.current` in :mod:`zmq.green`
- Load bundled libzmq extension with import rather than CDLL, which
should fix some manifest issues in certain cases on Windows.
- Avoid installing asyncio sources on Python 2, which confuses some
tools that run python -m compileall, which reports errors on the
Python 3-only files.
- Bundle msvcp.dll in Windows wheels on CPython 3.5, which should fix
wheel compatibility systems without Visual C++ 2015 redistributable.
- :meth:`zmq.Context.instance` is now threadsafe.
- FIX: sync some behavior in zmq_poll and setting LINGER on
close/destroy with the CFFI backend.
- PERF: resolve send/recv immediately if events are available in async
- Async Sockets (asyncio, tornado) now support send_json, send_pyobj,
- add preliminary support for zmq.DRAFT_API reflecting
ZMQ_BUILD_DRAFT_API, which indicates whether new APIs in prereleases
- Bump bundled libzmq to 4.1.5, using tweetnacl for bundled curve
support instead of libsodium
- FIX: include .pxi includes in installation for consumers of Cython API
- FIX: various fixes in new async sockets
- Introduce :mod:`zmq.decorators` API for decorating functions to create
sockets or contexts
- Add :meth:`zmq.Socket.subscribe` and :meth:`zmq.Socket.unsubscribe`
methods to sockets, so that assignment is no longer needed for
subscribing. Verbs should be methods! Assignment is still supported for
- Accept text (unicode) input to z85 encoding, not just bytes
- :meth:`zmq.Context.socket` forwards keyword arguments to the
- FIX: handle multiple events in a single register call in
- FIX: unicode/bytes bug in password prompt in :mod:`zmq.ssh` on Python 3
- FIX: workaround gevent monkeypatches in garbage collection thread
- update bundled minitornado from tornado-4.3.
- improved inspection by setting binding=True in cython compile options
- add asyncio Authenticator implementation in :mod:`zmq.auth.asyncio`
- workaround overflow bug in libzmq preventing receiving messages larger
- FIX: Remove inadvertant tornado dependency when using
- FIX: 15.0 Python 3.5 wheels didn't work on Windows
- Add GSSAPI support to Authenticators
- Support new constants defined in upcoming libzmq-4.2.dev
- PyZMQ 15 adds Future-returning sockets and pollers for both
:mod:`asyncio` and :mod:`tornado`.
- add :mod:`asyncio` support via :mod:`zmq.asyncio`
- add :mod:`tornado` future support via :mod:`zmq.eventloop.future`
- trigger bundled libzmq if system libzmq is found to be < 3. System
libzmq 2 can be forced by explicitly requesting --zmq=/prefix/.
- Update bundled libzmq to 4.1.2.
- Following the lead of Python 3.5, interrupted system calls will be
- Fixes for CFFI backend on Python 3 + support for PyPy 3.
- Verify types of all frames in :meth:`~zmq.Socket.send_multipart`
before sending, to avoid partial messages.
- Fix build on Windows when both debug and release versions of libzmq
- Windows build fixes for Python 3.5.
- improvements in :meth:`zmq.Socket.bind_to_random_port`:
- use system to allocate ports by default
- catch EACCES on Windows
- include libsodium when building bundled libzmq on Windows (includes
wheels on PyPI)
- pyzmq no longer bundles external libzmq when making a bdist. You can
use delocate to do this.
- add missing :attr:`ndim` on memoryviews of Frames
- allow :func:`copy.copy` and :func:`copy.deepcopy` on Sockets, Contexts
- use pickle.DEFAULT_PROTOCOL by default in send_pickle
- with the release of pip-6, OS X wheels are only marked as 10.6-intel,
indicating that they should be installable on any newer or single-arch
- raise SSHException on failed check of host key
- fix method name in utils.wi32.allow_interrupt
- fork-related fixes in garbage collection thread
- add missing import in zmq.__init__, causing failure to import in some
| 2016-06-08 19:43:49 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (356) |
Switch to MASTER_SITES_PYPI.
| 2015-11-04 01:35:47 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (748) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for net category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package haproxy distfile haproxy-1.5.14.tar.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package bsddip: missing distfile bsddip-1.02.tar.Z
Package citrix_ica: missing distfile citrix_ica-10.6.115659/en.linuxx86.tar.gz
Package djbdns: missing distfile djbdns-1.05-test25.diff.bz2
Package djbdns: missing distfile djbdns-cachestats.patch
Package djbdns: missing distfile 0002-dnscache-cache-soa-records.patch
Package gated: missing distfile gated-3-5-11.tar.gz
Package owncloudclient: missing distfile owncloudclient-2.0.2.tar.xz
Package poink: missing distfile poink-1.6.tar.gz
Package ra-rtsp-proxy: missing distfile rtspd-src-22.214.171.124.tar.gz
Package ucspi-ssl: missing distfile ucspi-ssl-0.70-ucspitls-0.1.patch
Package waste: missing distfile waste-source.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2014-11-15 03:09:46 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update py-zmq to 14.4.1.
Bugfixes for 14.4
- SyntaxError on Python 2.6 in zmq.ssh
- Handle possible bug in garbage collection after fork
- Experimental support for libzmq-4.1.0 rc (new constants, plus :func:`zmq.has`).
- Update bundled libzmq to 4.0.5
- Update bundled libsodium to 1.0.0
- Fixes for SSH dialogs when using :mod:`zmq.ssh` to create tunnels
- More build/link/load fixes on OS X and Solaris
- Get Frame metadata via dict access (libzmq 4)
- Contexts and Sockets are context managers (term/close on ``__exit__``)
- Add :class:`zmq.utils.win32.allow_interrupt` context manager for catching \
SIGINT on Windows
- Bundled libzmq should not trigger recompilation after install on PyPy
pyzmq-14.3.1 is the last version to include bdists for Python 3.3
Minor bugfixes to pyzmq 14.3:
- Fixes to building bundled libzmq on OS X < 10.9
- Fixes to import-failure warnings on Python 3.4
- Fixes to tests
- Pull upstream fixes to zmq.ssh for ssh multiplexing
| 2014-07-07 15:05:35 by OBATA Akio | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Bump from ABI change of zeromq, libsodium dependency addtion.
| 2014-06-09 01:58:51 by Blue Rats | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Simplify PKGNAME regex. CATEGORIES+=python. Updated to latest release,
14.3.0. From docs/source/changelog.rst:
- PyZMQ no longer calls :meth:`Socket.close` or :meth:`Context.term` during \
Changes to garbage collection in Python 3.4 make this impossible to do sensibly.
- :meth:`ZMQStream.close` closes its socket immediately, rather than scheduling \
- Raise the original ImportError when importing zmq fails.
Should be more informative than `no module cffi...`.
Users of Python 3.4 should not use pyzmq < 14.3, due to changes in \
- Raise new ZMQVersionError when a requested method is not supported by the \
For backward compatibility, this subclasses NotImplementedError.
- Memory leak introduced in pyzmq-14.0 in zero copy.
- OverflowError on 32 bit systems in zero copy.
The headline features for 14.1 are adding better support for libzmq's
- When libzmq is bundled as a Python extension (e.g. wheels, eggs),
libsodium is also bundled (excluding Windows),
ensuring that libzmq security is available to users who install from wheels
- New :mod:`zmq.auth`, implementing zeromq's ZAP authentication,
modeled on czmq zauth.
For more information, see the `examples \
Other New Stuff
- Add PYZMQ_BACKEND for enabling use of backends outside the pyzmq codebase.
- Add :attr:`~.Context.underlying` property and :meth:`~.Context.shadow`
method to Context and Socket, for handing off sockets and contexts.
between pyzmq and other bindings (mainly pyczmq_).
- Add TOS, ROUTER_HANDOVER, and IPC_FILTER constants from libzmq-4.1-dev.
- Add Context option support in the CFFI backend.
- Various small unicode and build fixes, as always.
- :meth:`~.Socket.send_json` and :meth:`~.Socket.recv_json` pass any extra \
kwargs to ``json.dumps/loads``.
.. _pyczmq: https://github.com/zeromq/pyczmq
- ``Socket.socket_type`` is deprecated, in favor of ``Socket.type``,
which has been available since 2.1.