/rsync, Network file distribution/synchronisation utility
3.1.2, Package name:
rsync-3.1.2, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
rsync is a replacement for rcp that has many more features.
rsync uses the "rsync algorithm" which provides a very fast method for
bringing remote files into sync. It does this by sending just the
differences in the files across the link, without requiring that both
sets of files are present at one of the ends of the link beforehand.
This makes rsync a good remote file distribution/synchronisation utility
in a dialup PPP/SLIP environment.
Note: it requires rsync on the destination machine.
There is a Computer Science Technical Report on the rsync algorithm
included in the distribution, and is also available as
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-12-24) Updated to version: rsync-3.1.2
- (2015-09-14) Updated to version: rsync-3.1.1nb2
- (2015-06-12) Updated to version: rsync-3.1.1nb1
- (2014-07-24) Updated to version: rsync-3.1.1
- (2014-05-30) Updated to version: rsync-3.1.0nb2
- (2014-04-19) Updated to version: rsync-3.1.0nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-12-23 20:53:24 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Update to 3.1.2
NEWS for rsync 3.1.2 (21 Dec 2015)
Protocol: 31 (unchanged)
Changes since 3.1.1:
- Make sure that all transferred files use only path names from inside the
transfer. This makes it impossible for a malicious sender to try to make
the receiver use an unsafe destination path for a transferred file, such
as a just-sent symlink.
- Change the checksum seed order in the per-block checksums. This prevents
someone from trying to create checksum blocks that match in sum but not
- Fixed a with the per-dir filter files (using -FF) that could trigger an
- Only skip set_modtime() on a transferred file if the time is exactly
- Don't create an empty backup dir for a transferred file that doesn't
- Fixed a bug where --link-dest and --xattrs could cause rsync to exit if
a filename had a matching dir of the same name in the alt-dest area.
- Allow more than 32 group IDs per user in the daemon's gid=LIST config.
- Fix the logging of %b & %c via --log-file (daemon logging was already
correct, as was --out-format='%b/%c').
- Fix erroneous acceptance of --info=5 & --debug=5 (an empty flag name is
- Added "(DRY RUN)" info to the --debug=exit output line.
- Use usleep() for our msleep() function if it is available.
- Added a few extra long-option names to rrsync script, which will make
- Made configure choose to use linux xattrs on netbsd (rather than not
- Added -wo (write-only) option to rrsync support script.
- Misc. manpage tweaks.
- Fixed a bug with the Makefile's use of INSTALL_STRIP.
- Improve a test in the suite that could get an erroneous timestamp error.
- Tweaks for newer versions of git in the packaging tools.
- Improved the m4 generation rules and some autoconf idioms.
| 2015-11-13 14:41:39 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Remove unnecessary build dependency on perl.
From Petar Bogdanovic on pkgsrc-users.
| 2015-11-04 01:35:47 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (748) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for net category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package haproxy distfile haproxy-1.5.14.tar.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package bsddip: missing distfile bsddip-1.02.tar.Z
Package citrix_ica: missing distfile citrix_ica-10.6.115659/en.linuxx86.tar.gz
Package djbdns: missing distfile djbdns-1.05-test25.diff.bz2
Package djbdns: missing distfile djbdns-cachestats.patch
Package djbdns: missing distfile 0002-dnscache-cache-soa-records.patch
Package gated: missing distfile gated-3-5-11.tar.gz
Package owncloudclient: missing distfile owncloudclient-2.0.2.tar.xz
Package poink: missing distfile poink-1.6.tar.gz
Package ra-rtsp-proxy: missing distfile rtspd-src-184.108.40.206.tar.gz
Package ucspi-ssl: missing distfile ucspi-ssl-0.70-ucspitls-0.1.patch
Package waste: missing distfile waste-source.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-10-11 12:56:44 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (12) |
| 2015-09-14 16:00:01 by Emmanuel Dreyfus | Files touched by this commit (5) |
NetBSD extended attribute support, from upstream
| 2015-06-12 12:52:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3152) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for all packages mentioning 'perl',
having a PKGNAME of p5-*, or depending such a package,
| 2015-02-07 23:58:19 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (5) |
The SUNET archive is being decomissioned ( http://ftp.sunet.se/news.html )
| 2014-10-09 16:07:17 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1163) |
Remove pkgviews: don't set PKG_INSTALLATION_TYPES in Makefiles.