/wireshark, Network protocol analyzer
1.12.8, Package name:
wireshark-1.12.8, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Wireshark is a network traffic analyzer, or "sniffer", for Unix and
Unix-like operating systems. It uses GTK+, a graphical user interface
library, and libpcap, a packet capture and filtering library.
The Wireshark distribution also comes with TShark, which is a
line-oriented sniffer (similar to Sun's snoop, or tcpdump) that uses the
same dissection, capture-file reading and writing, and packet filtering
code as Wireshark, and with editcap, which is a program to read capture
files and write the packets from that capture file, possibly in a
different capture file format, and with some packets possibly removed
from the capture.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
: gtk3, lua
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-10-21) Updated to version: wireshark-1.12.8
- (2015-10-11) Updated to version: wireshark-1.12.7nb1
- (2015-09-13) Updated to version: wireshark-1.12.7
- (2015-08-24) Updated to version: wireshark-1.10.14nb2
- (2015-06-13) Updated to version: wireshark-1.10.14nb1
- (2015-05-16) Updated to version: wireshark-1.10.14
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-11-06 18:35:26 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (5) |
Added qt5 as an option.
Avoid SDK build on OS X.
| 2015-10-21 11:12:10 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update wireshark to 1.12.8, fix two pkglint warnings while here.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed.
Pcapng file parser crash. Discovered by Dario Lombardo and Shannon
Sabens. (Bug 11455) CVE-2015-7830
The following bugs have been fixed:
* Last Address field for IPv6 RPL routing header is interpreted
incorrectly. (Bug 10560)
* Comparing two capture files crashes Wireshark when navigating the
results. (Bug 11098)
* 802.11 frame is not correctly dissected if it contains HT Control.
* GVCP bit-fields not updated. (Bug 11442)
* Tshark crash when specifying ssl.keys_list on CLI. (Bug 11443)
* pcapng: SPB capture length is incorrectly truncated if IDB snaplen
= 0. (Bug 11483)
* pcapng: NRB IPv4 address is endian swapped but shouldn't be.
* pcapng: NRB with options causes file read failure. (Bug 11485)
* pcapng: ISB without if_drop option is shown as max value. (Bug
* UNISTIM dissector - Message length not included in offset for
"Select Adjustable Rx Volume". (Bug 11497)
Updated Protocol Support
DIAMETER, GVCP, IEEE 802.11, IPv6, and UNISTIM
| 2015-10-11 16:20:57 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix startup segfault on 64-bit platforms due to pointer to int conversion.
Why this didn't surface before is anyone's guess. Bump rev.
| 2015-09-12 21:03:59 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (7) | |
Update to wireshark-1.12.7.
Full ChangeLog since 1.10.14 is too long to include. A few highlights:
- Expert information is now filterable when the new API is in use.
- "malformed" display filter has been renamed to "_ws.malformed".
- Transport name resolution is now disabled by default.
- Support has been added for all versions of the DCBx protocol.
- Cleanup of LLDP code, all dissected fields are now navigable.
- Dissector output may be encoded as UTF-8. This includes TShark output.
- The ASN1 plugin has been removed as it s deemed obsolete.
- The GNM dissector has been removed as it was never used.
- The Kerberos dissector has been replaced by one generated from ASN1 code.
- A more flexible, modular memory manager (wmem) has been added.
- A new API for expert information has been added, replacing the old one.
- The tvbuff API has been cleaned up.
- Support for 80+ new protocols
| 2015-08-23 16:30:43 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (125) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for nettle shlib major bump.
| 2015-07-10 10:13:42 by David Sainty | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Fix shell syntax to work with pdksh.
This is already fixed in upstream's repository.
| 2015-06-19 09:29:37 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (1) |
| 2015-06-12 12:52:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3152) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for all packages mentioning 'perl',
having a PKGNAME of p5-*, or depending such a package,