/wireshark, Network protocol analyzer
1.12.7, Package name:
wireshark-1.12.7, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Wireshark is a network traffic analyzer, or "sniffer", for Unix and
Unix-like operating systems. It uses GTK+, a graphical user interface
library, and libpcap, a packet capture and filtering library.
The Wireshark distribution also comes with TShark, which is a
line-oriented sniffer (similar to Sun's snoop, or tcpdump) that uses the
same dissection, capture-file reading and writing, and packet filtering
code as Wireshark, and with editcap, which is a program to read capture
files and write the packets from that capture file, possibly in a
different capture file format, and with some packets possibly removed
from the capture.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
: gtk3, lua
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2015-09-13) Updated to version: wireshark-1.12.7
- (2015-08-24) Updated to version: wireshark-1.10.14nb2
- (2015-06-13) Updated to version: wireshark-1.10.14nb1
- (2015-05-16) Updated to version: wireshark-1.10.14
- (2015-05-08) Updated to version: wireshark-1.10.13nb2
- (2015-04-25) Updated to version: wireshark-1.10.13nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2015-09-12 21:03:59 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (7) | |
Update to wireshark-1.12.7.
Full ChangeLog since 1.10.14 is too long to include. A few highlights:
- Expert information is now filterable when the new API is in use.
- "malformed" display filter has been renamed to "_ws.malformed".
- Transport name resolution is now disabled by default.
- Support has been added for all versions of the DCBx protocol.
- Cleanup of LLDP code, all dissected fields are now navigable.
- Dissector output may be encoded as UTF-8. This includes TShark output.
- The ASN1 plugin has been removed as it s deemed obsolete.
- The GNM dissector has been removed as it was never used.
- The Kerberos dissector has been replaced by one generated from ASN1 code.
- A more flexible, modular memory manager (wmem) has been added.
- A new API for expert information has been added, replacing the old one.
- The tvbuff API has been cleaned up.
- Support for 80+ new protocols
| 2015-08-23 16:30:43 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (125) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for nettle shlib major bump.
| 2015-07-10 10:13:42 by David Sainty | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Fix shell syntax to work with pdksh.
This is already fixed in upstream's repository.
| 2015-06-19 09:29:37 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (1) |
| 2015-06-12 12:52:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3152) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for all packages mentioning 'perl',
having a PKGNAME of p5-*, or depending such a package,
| 2015-05-15 20:02:13 by Matthias Scheler | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update "wireshark" package to version 1.10.14. Changes since 1.10.13:
- Bug Fixes
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed.
The WCP dissector could crash while decompressing data. (Bug 10978)
The X11 dissector could leak memory. (Bug 11088)
The IEEE 802.11 dissector could go into an infinite loop. (Bug 11110)
The following bugs have been fixed:
* Wireshark crashes if "Update list of packets in real time" is
disabled and a display filter is applied while capturing. (Bug 6217)
* Wireshark relative ISN set incorrectly if raw ISN set to 0.
* Buffer overrun in encryption code. (Bug 10849)
* ICMP Parameter Problem message contains Length of original datagram
is treated as the total IPv4 length. (Bug 10991)
* ICMP Redirect takes 4 bytes for IPv4 payload instead of 8. (Bug
* Interface Identifier incorrectly represented by Wireshark. (Bug
* Annoying popup when trying to capture on bonding devices on Linux.
* CanOpen dissector fails on frames with RTR and 0 length. (Bug 11083)
* Typo in secp521r1 curve wrongly identified as sect521r1. (Bug 11106)
* packet-zbee-zcl.h: IS_ANALOG_SUBTYPE doesn't filter ENUM. (Bug 11120)
* Typo: "LTE Positioning Protocol" abbreviated as "LPP", \
- Updated Protocol Support
ASN.1 PER, CANopen, GSM RLC/MAC, GSMTAP, ICMP, IEEE 802.11, LPP,
MEGACO, PKCS-1, PPP IPv6CP, SRVLOC, SSL, TCP, WCP, X11, and ZigBee ZCL
- New and Updated Capture File Support
Savvius OmniPeek Visual Networks
| 2015-05-07 23:40:43 by Roy Marples | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Add a wireshark.desktop entry for the GTK+ port,
icons for it and icons for the tcpdump/pcap mimetype.
| 2015-04-25 16:23:48 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (868) | |
Recursive revbump following MesaLib update, categories g through n.