/hwloc, Portable Hardware Locality
1.11.4, Package name:
hwloc-1.11.4, Maintainer: asau
The Portable Hardware Locality (hwloc) software package provides
a portable abstraction (across OS, versions, architectures, ...)
of the hierarchical topology of modern architectures, including
NUMA memory nodes, sockets, shared caches, cores and
simultaneous multithreading. It also gathers various system
attributes such as cache and memory information as well as the
locality of I/O devices such as network interfaces, InfiniBand
HCAs or GPUs. It primarily aims at helping applications with
gathering information about modern computing hardware so as to
exploit it accordingly and efficiently.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-10-21) Updated to version: hwloc-1.11.4
- (2015-11-15) Updated to version: hwloc-1.11.1
- (2015-08-18) Updated to version: hwloc-1.11.0nb1
- (2015-08-16) Updated to version: hwloc-1.11.0
- (2014-05-05) Updated to version: hwloc-1.7.1nb1
- (2013-07-16) Updated to version: hwloc-1.7.1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-02-06 04:50:01 by Mark Davies | Files touched by this commit (2) |
fix linux build and PLIST
| 2016-10-21 12:35:28 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to hwloc 1.11.4.
* Add MemoryMode and ClusterMode attributes in the Machine object on KNL.
Add doc/examples/get-knl-modes.c for an example of retrieving them.
Thanks to Grzegorz Andrejczuk.
* Fix Linux build with -m32 with respect to libudev.
Thanks to Paul Hargrove for reporting the issue.
* Fix build with Visual Studio 2015, thanks to Eloi Gaudry for reporting
the issue and providing the patch.
* Don't forget to display OS device children in the graphical lstopo.
* Fix a memory leak on Solaris, thanks to Bryon Gloden for the patch.
* Properly handle realloc() failures, thanks to Bryon Gloden for reporting
* Fix lstopo crash in ascii/fig/windows outputs when some objects have a
lstopoStyle info attribute.
* Bug fixes
+ Fix a memory leak on Linux S/390 hosts with books.
+ Fix /proc/mounts parsing on Linux by using mntent.h.
Thanks to Nathan Hjelm for reporting the issue.
+ Fix a x86 infinite loop on VMware due to the x2APIC feature being
advertised without actually being fully supported.
Thanks to Jianjun Wen for reporting the problem and testing the patch.
+ Fix the return value of hwloc_alloc() on mmap() failure.
Thanks to Hugo Brunie for reporting the issue.
+ Fix the return value of command-line tools in some error cases.
+ Do not break individual thread bindings during x86 backend discovery in a
multithreaded process. Thanks to Farouk Mansouri for the report.
+ Fix hwloc-bind --membind for CPU-less NUMA nodes.
+ Fix some corner cases in the XML export/import of application userdata.
* API Improvements
+ Add HWLOC_MEMBIND_BYNODESET flag so that membind() functions accept
either cpusets or nodesets.
+ Add hwloc_get_area_memlocation() to check where pages are actually
allocated. Only implemented on Linux for now.
- There's no _nodeset() variant, but the new flag HWLOC_MEMBIND_BYNODESET
+ Make hwloc_obj_type_sscanf() parse back everything that may be outputted
* Detection Improvements
+ Allow the x86 backend to add missing cache levels, so that it completes
what the Solaris backend lacks.
Thanks to Ryan Zezeski for reporting the issue.
+ Do not filter-out FibreChannel PCI adapters by default anymore.
Thanks to Matt Muggeridge for the report.
+ Add support for CUDA compute capability 6.x.
+ Add --support to hwloc-info to list supported features, just like with
- Also add --objects and --topology to explicitly switch between the
+ Add --tid to let hwloc-bind operate on individual threads on Linux.
+ Add --nodeset to let hwloc-bind report memory binding as NUMA node sets.
+ hwloc-annotate and lstopo don't drop application userdata from XMLs anymore.
- Add --cu to hwloc-annotate to drop these application userdata.
+ Make the hwloc-dump-hwdata dump directory configurable through configure
options such as --runstatedir or --localstatedir.
* Misc Improvements
+ Add systemd service template contrib/systemd/hwloc-dump-hwdata.service
for launching hwloc-dump-hwdata at boot on Linux.
Thanks to Grzegorz Andrejczuk.
+ Add HWLOC_PLUGINS_BLACKLIST environment variable to prevent some plugins
from being loaded. Thanks to Alexandre Denis for the suggestion.
+ Small improvements for various Windows build systems,
thanks to Jonathan L Peyton and Marco Atzeri.
* Improve support for Intel Knights Landing Xeon Phi on Linux:
+ Group local NUMA nodes of normal memory (DDR) and high-bandwidth memory
(MCDRAM) together through "Cluster" groups so that the local MCDRAM is
easy to find.
- See "How do I find the local MCDRAM NUMA node on Intel Knights
Landing Xeon Phi?" in the documentation.
- For uniformity across all KNL configurations, always have a NUMA node
object even if the host is UMA.
+ Fix the detection of the memory-side cache:
- Add the hwloc-dump-hwdata superuser utility to dump SMBIOS information
into /var/run/hwloc/ as root during boot, and load this dumped
information from the hwloc library at runtime.
- See "Why do I need hwloc-dump-hwdata for caches on Intel Knights
Landing Xeon Phi?" in the documentation.
Thanks to Grzegorz Andrejczuk for the patches and for the help.
* The x86 and linux backends may now be combined for discovering CPUs
through x86 CPUID and memory from the Linux kernel.
This is useful for working around buggy CPU information reported by Linux
(for instance the AMD Bulldozer/Piledriver bug below).
Combination is enabled by passing HWLOC_COMPONENTS=x86 in the environment.
* Fix L3 cache sharing on AMD Opteron 63xx (Piledriver) and 62xx (Bulldozer)
in the x86 backend. Thanks to many users who helped.
* Fix the overzealous L3 cache sharing fix added to the x86 backend in 1.11.1
for AMD Opteron 61xx (Magny-Cours) processors.
* The x86 backend may now add the info attribute Inclusive=0 or 1 to caches
it discovers, or to caches discovered by other backends earlier.
Thanks to Guillaume Beauchamp for the patch.
* Fix the management on alloc_membind() allocation failures on AIX, HP-UX
* Fix spurious failures to load with ENOMEM on AIX in case of Misc objects
* lstopo improvements in X11 and Windows graphical mode:
+ Add + - f 1 shortcuts to manually zoom-in, zoom-out, reset the scale,
or fit the entire window.
+ Display all keyboard shortcuts in the console.
* Debug messages may be disabled at runtime by passing HWLOC_DEBUG_VERBOSE=0
in the environment when --enable-debug was passed to configure.
* Add a FAQ entry "What are these Group objects in my topology?".
| 2015-11-14 18:12:35 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update hwloc to 1.11.1
pkgsrc changes: stop regenerating build system
and drop build-time dependency on autotools.
* Detection fixes
+ Hardwire the topology of Fujitsu K-computer, FX10, FX100 servers to
workaround buggy Linux kernels.
Thanks to Takahiro Kawashima and Gilles Gouaillardet.
+ Fix L3 cache information on AMD Opteron 61xx Magny-Cours processors
in the x86 backend. Thanks to Guillaume Beauchamp for the patch.
+ Detect block devices directly attached to PCI without a controller,
for instance NVMe disks. Thanks to Barry M. Tannenbaum.
+ Add the PCISlot attribute to all PCI functions instead of only the
* Miscellaneous internal fixes
+ Ignore PCI bridges that could fail assertions by reporting buggy
secondary-subordinate bus numbers
Thanks to George Bosilca for reporting the issue.
+ Fix an overzealous assertion when inserting an intermediate Group object
while Groups are totally ignored.
+ Fix a memory leak on Linux on AMD processors with dual-core compute units.
Thanks to Bob Benner.
+ Fix a memory leak on failure to load a xml diff file.
+ Fix some segfaults when inputting an invalid synthetic description.
+ Fix a segfault when plugins fail to find core symbols.
Thanks to Guy Streeter.
* Many fixes and improvements in the Windows backend:
+ Fix the discovery of more than 32 processors and multiple processor
groups. Thanks to Barry M. Tannenbaum for the help.
+ Add thread binding set support in case of multiple process groups.
+ Add thread binding get support.
+ Add get_last_cpu_location() support for the current thread.
+ Disable the unsupported process binding in case of multiple processor
+ Fix/update the Visual Studio support under contrib/windows.
Thanks to Eloi Gaudry for the help.
* Tools fixes
+ Fix a segfault when displaying logical indexes in the graphical lstopo.
Thanks to Guillaume Mercier for reporting the issue.
+ Fix lstopo linking with X11 libraries, for instance on Mac OS X.
Thanks to Scott Atchley and Pierre Ramet for reporting the issue.
+ hwloc-annotate, hwloc-diff and hwloc-patch do not drop unavailable
resources from the output anymore and those may be annotated as well.
+ Command-line tools may now import XML from the standard input with -i -.xml
+ Add missing documentation for the hwloc-info --no-icaches option.
| 2015-11-03 00:46:13 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (19) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for parallel category
Existing SHA1 digests verified, all found to be the same on the
machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). Existing SHA1
digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-08-18 09:31:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (282) |
Bump all packages that depend on curses.bui* or terminfo.bui* since they
might incur ncurses dependencies on some platforms, and ncurses just bumped
Some packages were bumped twice now, sorry for that.
| 2015-08-15 23:27:46 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to hwloc 1.11.1
From Benedek Gergely on pkgsrc-users.
* hwloc-annotate does not drop unavailable resources from the output anymore
and those may be annotated as well.
* Fix an overzealous assertion when intermediate Group object while Groups
are totally ignored.
* Fix a memory leak on failure to load a xml diff file.
* Fix some segfaults when inputting an invalid synthetic description.
+ Socket objects are renamed into Package to align with the terminology
used by processor vendors. The old HWLOC_OBJ_SOCKET type and "Socket"
name are still supported for backward compatibility.
+ HWLOC_OBJ_NODE is replaced with HWLOC_OBJ_NUMANODE for clarification.
HWLOC_OBJ_NODE is still supported for backward compatibility.
"Node" and "NUMANode" strings are supported as in \
* Detection improvements
+ Add support for Intel Knights Landing Xeon Phi.
Thanks to Grzegorz Andrejczuk and Lukasz Anaczkowski.
+ Add Vendor, Model, Revision, SerialNumber, Type and LinuxDeviceID
info attributes to Block OS devices on Linux. Thanks to Vineet Pedaballe
for the help.
- Add --disable-libudev to avoid dependency on the libudev library.
+ Add "MemoryDevice" Misc objects with information about DIMMs, on Linux
when privileged and when I/O is enabled.
Thanks to Vineet Pedaballe for the help.
+ Add a PCISlot attribute to PCI devices on Linux when supported to
identify the physical PCI slot where the board is plugged.
+ Add CPUStepping info attribute on x86 processors,
thanks to Thomas Röhl for the suggestion.
+ Ignore the device-tree on non-Power architectures to avoid buggy
detection on ARM. Thanks to Orion Poplawski for reporting the issue.
+ Work-around buggy Xeon E5v3 BIOS reporting invalid PCI-NUMA affinity
for the PCI links on the second processor.
+ Add support for CUDA compute capability 5.x, thanks Benjamin Worpitz.
+ Many fixes to the x86 backend
- Add L1i and fix L2/L3 type on old AMD processors without topoext support.
- Fix Intel CPU family and model numbers when basic family isn't 6 or 15.
- Fix package IDs on recent AMD processors.
- Fix misc issues due to incomplete APIC IDs on x2APIC processors.
- Avoid buggy discovery on old SGI Altix UVs with non-unique APIC IDs.
+ Gather total machine memory on NetBSD.
- Collapse identical PCI devices unless --no-collapse is given.
This avoids gigantic outputs when a PCI device contains dozens of
identical virtual functions.
- The ASCII art output is now called "ascii", for instance in
The former "txt" extension is retained for backward compatibility.
- Automatically scales graphical box width to the inner text in Cairo,
ASCII and Windows outputs.
- Add --rect to lstopo to force rectangular layout even for NUMA nodes.
- Add --restrict-flags to configure the behavior of --restrict.
- Objects may have a "Type" info attribute to specify a better \
and display it in lstopo.
- Really export all verbose information to the given output file.
- May now operate on all types of objects, including I/O.
- May now insert Misc objects in the topology.
- Do not drop instruction caches and I/O devices from the output anymore.
+ Fix lstopo path in hwloc-gather-topology after install.
+ Fix hwloc/cudart.h for machines with multiple PCI domains,
thanks to Imre Kerr for reporting the problem.
+ Fix PCI Bridge-specific depth attribute.
+ Fix hwloc_bitmap_intersect() for two infinite bitmaps.
+ Fix some corner cases in the building of levels on large NUMA machines
with non-uniform NUMA groups and I/Os.
+ Improve the performance of object insertion by cpuset for large
+ Prefix verbose XML import errors with the source name.
+ Improve pkg-config checks and error messages.
+ Fix excluding after a component with an argument in the HWLOC_COMPONENTS
+ Fix the recommended way in documentation and examples to allocate memory
on some node, it should use HWLOC_MEMBIND_BIND.
Thanks to Nicolas Bouzat for reporting the issue.
+ Add a "Miscellaneous objects" section in the documentation.
+ Add a FAQ entry "What happens to my topology if I disable symmetric
multithreading, hyper-threading, etc. ?" to the documentation.
* Actually remove disallowed NUMA nodes from nodesets when the whole-system
flag isn't enabled.
* Fix the gathering of PCI domains. Thanks to James Custer for reporting
the issue and providing a patch.
* Fix the merging of identical parent and child in presence of Misc objects.
Thanks to Dave Love for reporting the issue.
* Fix some misordering of children when merging with ignore_keep_structure()
in partially allowed topologies.
* Fix an overzealous assertion in the debug code when running on a single-PU
host with I/O. Thanks to Thomas Van Doren for reporting the issue.
* Don't forget to setup NUMA node object nodesets in x86 backend (for BSDs)
and OSF/Tru64 backend.
* Fix cpuid-x86 build error with gcc -O3 on x86-32. Thanks to Thomas Van Doren
for reporting the issue.
* Fix support for future very large caches in the x86 backend.
* Fix vendor/device names for SR-IOV PCI devices on Linux.
* Fix an unlikely crash in case of buggy hierarchical distance matrix.
* Fix PU os_index on some AIX releases. Thanks to Hendryk Bockelmann and
Erik Schnetter for helping debugging.
* Fix hwloc_bitmap_isincluded() in case of infinite sets.
* Change hwloc-ls.desktop into a lstopo.desktop and only install it if
lstopo is built with Cairo/X11 support. It cannot work with a non-graphical
lstopo or hwloc-ls.
* Add support for the renaming of Socket into Package in future releases.
* Add support for the replacement of HWLOC_OBJ_NODE with HWLOC_OBJ_NUMANODE
in future releases.
* Clarify the documentation of distance matrices in hwloc.h and in the manpage
of the hwloc-distances. Thanks to Dave Love for the suggestion.
* Improve some error messages by displaying more information about the
hwloc library in use.
* Document how to deal with the ABI break when upgrading to the upcoming 2.0
See "How do I handle ABI breaks and API upgrades ?" in the FAQ.
+ Add hwloc_topology_export_synthetic() to export a topology to a
synthetic string without using lstopo. See the Synthetic topologies
section in the documentation.
+ Add hwloc_topology_set/get_userdata() to let the application save
a private pointer in the topology whenever it needs a way to find
its own object corresponding to a topology.
+ Add hwloc_get_numanode_obj_by_os_index() and document that this function
as well as hwloc_get_pu_obj_by_os_index() are good at converting
nodesets and cpusets into objects.
+ hwloc_distrib() does not ignore any objects anymore when there are
too many of them. They get merged with others instead.
Thanks to Tim Creech for reporting the issue.
+ hwloc-bind --get <command-line> now executes the command after displaying
the binding instead of ignoring the command entirely.
Thanks to John Donners for the suggestion.
+ Clarify that memory sizes shown in lstopo are local by default
unless specified (total memory added in the root object).
* Synthetic topologies
+ Synthetic topology descriptions may now specify attributes such as
memory sizes and OS indexes. See the Synthetic topologies section
in the documentation.
+ lstopo now exports in this fully-detailed format by default.
The new option --export-synthetic-flags may be used to revert
back the old format.
+ Add the doc/examples/ subdirectory with several real-life examples,
including the already existing hwloc-hello.C for basics.
Thanks to Rob Aulwes for the suggestion.
+ Improve the documentation of CPU and memory binding in the API.
+ Add a FAQ entry about operating system errors, especially on AMD
platforms with buggy cache information.
+ Add a FAQ entry about loading many topologies in a single program.
+ Work around buggy Linux kernels reporting 2 sockets instead
1 socket with 2 NUMA nodes for each Xeon E5 v3 (Haswell) processor.
+ pciutils/libpci support is now removed since libpciaccess works
well and there's also a Linux-specific PCI backend. For the record,
pciutils was GPL and therefore disabled by default since v1.6.2.
+ Add --disable-cpuid configure flag to work around buggy processor
simulators reporting invalid CPUID information.
Thanks for Andrew Friedley for reporting the issue.
+ Fix a racy use of libltdl when manipulating multiple topologies in
Thanks to Andra Hugo for reporting the issue and testing patches.
+ Fix some build failures in private/misc.h.
Thanks to Pavan Balaji and Ralph Castain for the reports.
+ Fix failures to detect X11/Xutil.h on some Solaris platforms.
Thanks to Siegmar Gross for reporting the failure.
+ The plugin ABI has changed, this release will not load plugins
built against previous hwloc releases.
* Fix a crash when the PCI locality is invalid. Attach to the root object
instead. Thanks to Nicolas Denoyelle for reporting the issue.
* Fix -f in lstopo manpage. Thanks to Jirka Hladky for reporting the issue.
* Fix hwloc_obj_type_sscanf() and others when strncasecmp() is not properly
available. Thanks to Nick Papior Andersen for reporting the problem.
* Mark Linux file descriptors as close-on-exec to avoid leaks on exec.
* Fix some minor memory leaks.
+ Add hwloc_obj_type_sscanf() to extend hwloc_obj_type_of_string() with
type-specific attributes such as Cache/Group depth and Cache type.
hwloc_obj_type_of_string() is moved to hwloc/deprecated.h.
+ Add hwloc_linux_get_tid_last_cpu_location() for retrieving the
last CPU where a Linux thread given by TID ran.
+ Add hwloc_distrib() to extend the old hwloc_distribute[v]() functions.
hwloc_distribute[v]() is moved to hwloc/deprecated.h.
+ Don't mix total and local memory when displaying verbose object attributes
with hwloc_obj_attr_snprintf() or in lstopo.
+ Add CPUVendor, CPUModelNumber and CPUFamilyNumber info attributes for
x86, ia64 and Xeon Phi sockets on Linux, to extend the x86-specific
support added in v1.8.1. Requested by Ralph Castain.
+ Add many CPU- and Platform-related info attributes on ARM and POWER
platforms, in the Machine and Socket objects.
+ Add CUDA info attributes describing the number of multiprocessors and
cores and the size of the global, shared and L2 cache memories in CUDA
+ Add OpenCL info attributes describing the number of compute units and
the global memory size in OpenCL OS devices.
+ The synthetic backend now accepts extended types such as L2Cache, L1i or
Group3. lstopo also exports synthetic strings using these extended types.
- Do not overwrite output files by default anymore.
Pass -f or --force to enforce it.
- Display OpenCL, CUDA and Xeon Phi numbers of cores and memory sizes
in the graphical output.
- Fix export to stdout when specifying a Cairo-based output type
- Add -e or --get-last-cpu-location to report where processes/threads
run instead of where they are bound.
- Report locations as likely-more-useful objects such as Cores or Sockets
instead of Caches when possible.
- Fix failure on Windows when not using --pid.
- Add -e as a synonym to --get-last-cpu-location.
- Add --reverse to distribute using last objects first and singlify
into last bits first. Thanks to Jirka Hladky for the suggestion.
- Report unified caches when looking for data or instruction cache
+ Add experimental Visual Studio support under contrib/windows.
Thanks to Eloi Gaudry for his help and for providing the first draft.
+ Fix some overzealous assertions and warnings about the ordering of
objects on a level with respect to cpusets. The ordering is only
guaranteed for complete cpusets (based on the first bit in sets).
+ Fix some memory leaks when importing xml diffs and when exporting a
"too complex" entry.
* Fix the cpuid code on Windows 64bits so that the x86 backend gets
enabled as expected and can populate CPU information.
Thanks to Robin Scher for reporting the problem.
* Add CPUVendor/CPUModelNumber/CPUFamilyNumber attributes when running
on x86 architecture. Thanks to Ralph Castain for the suggestion.
* Work around buggy BIOS reporting duplicate NUMA nodes on Linux.
Thanks to Jeff Becker for reporting the problem and testing the patch.
* Add a name to the lstopo graphical window. Thanks to Michael Prokop
for reporting the issue.
* New components
+ Add the "linuxpci" component that always works on Linux even when
libpciaccess and libpci aren't available (and even with a modified
file-system root). By default the old "pci" component runs first
because "linuxpci" lacks device names (obj->name is always NULL).
+ Add the topology difference API in hwloc/diff.h for manipulating
many similar topologies.
+ Add hwloc_topology_dup() for duplicating an entire topology.
+ hwloc.h and hwloc/helper.h have been reorganized to clarify the
documentation sections. The actual inline code has moved out of hwloc.h
into the new hwloc/inlines.h.
+ Deprecated functions are now in hwloc/deprecated.h, and not in the
official documentation anymore.
+ Add hwloc-diff and hwloc-patch tools together with the new diff API.
+ Add hwloc-compress-dir to (de)compress an entire directory of XML files
using hwloc-diff and hwloc-patch.
+ Object colors in the graphical output of lstopo may be changed by adding
a "lstopoStyle" info attribute. See CUSTOM COLORS in the lstopo(1) \
for details. Thanks to Jirka Hladky for discussing the idea.
+ hwloc-gather-topology may now gather I/O-related files on Linux when
--io is given. Only the linuxpci component supports discovering I/O
objects from these extended tarballs.
+ hwloc-annotate now supports --ri to remove/replace info attributes with
a given name.
+ hwloc-info supports "root" and "all" special locations \
information about the root object.
+ lstopo now supports --append-legend to append custom lines of text
to the legend in the graphical output. Thanks to Jirka Hladky for
discussing the idea.
+ hwloc-calc and friends have a more robust parsing of locations given
on the command-line and they report useful error messages about it.
+ Add --whole-system to hwloc-bind, hwloc-calc, hwloc-distances and
hwloc-distrib, and add --restrict to hwloc-bind for uniformity among
+ Calling hwloc_topology_load() or hwloc_topology_set_*() on an already
loaded topology now returns an error (deprecated since release 1.6.1).
+ Fix the initialisation of cpusets and nodesets in Group objects added
when inserting PCI hostbridges.
+ Never merge Group objects that were added explicitly by the user with
+ Add a sanity check during dynamic plugin loading to prevent some
crashes when hwloc is dynamically loaded by another plugin mechanisms.
+ Add --with-hwloc-plugins-path to specify the install/load directories
+ Add the MICSerialNumber info attribute to the root object when running
hwloc inside a Xeon Phi to match the same attribute in the MIC OS device
when running in the host.
* Do not create invalid block OS devices on very old Linux kernel such
as RHEL4 2.6.9.
* Fix PCI subvendor/device IDs.
* Fix the management of Misc objects inserted by parent.
Thanks to Jirka Hladky for reporting the problem.
* Add a Port<n>State into attribute to OpenFabrics OS devices.
* Add a MICSerialNumber info attribute to Xeon PHI/MIC OS devices.
* Improve verbose error messages when failing to load from XML.
| 2014-05-05 02:48:38 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1155) |
Recursive revbump from x11/pixman
Fix PR pkg/48777
| 2013-07-16 18:25:32 by Emmanuel Dreyfus | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to hwloc-1.7.1
Changes since 1.7 from NEWS file:
* Fix a failed assertion in the distance grouping code when loading a XML
file that already contains some groups.
Thanks to Laercio Lima Pilla for reporting the problem.
* Remove unexpected Group objects when loading XML topologies with I/O
objects and NUMA distances.
Thanks to Elena Elkina for reporting the problem and testing patches.
* Fix PCI link speed discovery when using libpciaccess.
* Fix invalid libpciaccess virtual function device/vendor IDs when using
SR-IOV PCI devices on Linux.
* Fix GL component build with old NVCtrl releases.
Thanks to Jirka Hladky for reporting the problem.
* Fix embedding breakage caused by libltdl.
Thanks to Pavan Balaji for reporting the problem.
* Always use the system-wide libltdl instead of shipping one inside hwloc.
* Document issues when enabling plugins while embedding hwloc in another
project, in the documentation section Embedding hwloc in Other Software.
* Add a FAQ entry "How to get useful topology information on NetBSD?"
in the documentation.
* Somes fixes in the renaming code for embedding.
* Miscellaneous minor build fixes.