/cups-filters, Backends, filters, and other software for cups
1.13.4, Package name:
cups-filters-1.13.4, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
CUPS is a standards-based, open source printing system developed
by Apple Inc. for Mac OS X and other UNIX-like operating systems.
CUPS uses the Internet Printing Protocol ("IPP") and provides System
V and Berkeley command-line interfaces, a web interface, and a C
API to manage printers and print jobs.
This distribution contains backends, filters, and other software
that was once part of the core CUPS distribution but is no longer
maintained by Apple Inc. In addition it contains additional filters
and software developed independently of Apple, especially filters
for the PDF-centric printing workflow introduced by OpenPrinting
and a daemon to browse Bonjour broadcasts of remote CUPS printers
and makes these printers available locally.
From CUPS 1.6.0 on, this package is required for using printer
drivers with CUPS under Linux. With CUPS 1.5.x and earlier this
package can be used optionally to switch over to PDF-based printing.
In that case some filters are provided by both CUPS and this package.
Then the filters of this package should be used.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-02-21) Updated to version: cups-filters-1.13.4
- (2017-02-12) Updated to version: cups-filters-1.13.3nb4
- (2017-02-06) Updated to version: cups-filters-1.13.3nb3
- (2017-01-30) Updated to version: cups-filters-1.13.3nb2
- (2017-01-25) Updated to version: cups-filters-1.13.3nb1
- (2017-01-21) Updated to version: cups-filters-1.13.3
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-02-19 12:40:22 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update print/cups-filters to cups-filters-1.13.4
- libcupsfilters: Let PPD generator for driverless printing
not error out when there is no urf-supported or
pwg-raster-document-resolution-supported IPP attribute,
simply accept the default resolution also from the
printer-resolution-default attribute or set a default value
of 300 dpi to get a working PPD file.
- cups-browsed: Do not use deprecated names for IPP status
- cups-browsed: Corrected determination whether an IPP status
is an error, to avoid "Unable to create/modify CUPS queue
(Success)" and infinite repetition of a succeeded operation
(Debian bug #852436).
| 2017-02-12 07:26:18 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (1451) |
Recursive revbump from fonts/harfbuzz
| 2017-02-06 14:56:14 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1452) |
Recursive bump for harfbuzz's new graphite2 dependency.
| 2017-01-30 11:37:16 by Mark Davies | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Specify full path for gs as well.
| 2017-01-25 15:36:40 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (36) | |
Recursive bump for poppler update
| 2017-01-21 12:58:29 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update print/cups-filters to cups-filters-1.13.3
- Add --with-apple-raster-filter=rastertopdf to CONFIGURE_ARGS to avoid
possible PLIST issues with cups<2.2.2 (with cups>=2.2.2 urftopdf is no
- libcupsfilters: When auto-generating PPD files added support
for passing through JPEG input to printers which understand
JPEG. This is also done in CUPS-generated PPDs (Debian bug
- libcupsfilters: Added the "output-bin" option support from
CUPS' PPD generator to our PPD generator (CUPS Issue #4938).
- cups-browsed: Make support for printers with IPv6 IP address
work. Both link-local and regular addresses work.
| 2017-01-19 11:19:26 by Mark Davies | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix path to pdftpps.
mv cups-browsed.conf from correct post install location.
| 2016-12-30 17:14:32 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (2) |
CHANGES IN V1.13.2
- cupsfilters.drv: Corrected cupsFilter entry for the "Generic
IPP Everywhere Printer".
- driverless: Fixes on the man page
- driverless: Do not error-exit (non-zero status) when run by
CUPS as backend or PPD generator when no driverless printer
is found or Avahi not running. When run from thr command
line, exit status is the same as of ippfind.
- imagetoraster: Removed (incomplete) PWG Raster support. For
PWG Raster output we let the rastertopwg filter from CUPS do
the finalization (mainly adding white pixels at the borders
to get a full-page bitmap).
- imagetoraster: Fixed several bugs in the calculation of the
- libcupsfilters: If the IPP-polled printer has the
"sides-supported" attribute, determine the need of a
"Duplex" option solely whether the attribute has a
"two-sided-long-edge" choice and ignore the "duplex"
parameter of the ppdCreateFromIPP() function call. This lets
the more precise information coming from the IPP query
always be preferred against information from the Bonjour
- driverless: When listing printers let the device ID contain
"AppleRaster" (for Apple Raster printers) and \
(for IPP Everywhere printers) in the "CMD" field.
- driverless: Added "-T 3" to the ippfind command line. This
makes ippfind search the Bonjour broadcasts for up to 3
seconds when searching for IPP printers, raising the
reliability in finding all of them