/ghostscript-agpl, Postscript interpreter
9.21, Package name:
ghostscript-agpl-9.21, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Ghostscript is the well-known PostScript interpreter which is available for
all common and most esoteric platforms and supports many different printers
and some displays.
Support for Cups is enabled by the "cups" option (off by default).
This is the latest version of Ghostscript, released under the GNU
Affero General Public License (AGPL).
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
: fontconfig, x11
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-03-31) Updated to version: ghostscript-agpl-9.21
- (2016-09-30) Updated to version: ghostscript-agpl-9.20
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: ghostscript-agpl-9.19nb1
- (2016-04-07) Updated to version: ghostscript-agpl-9.19
- (2015-12-10) Updated to version: ghostscript-agpl-9.18nb1
- (2015-10-10) Updated to version: ghostscript-agpl-9.18
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-20 11:20:55 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Ensure pkgsrc libraries can be found.
| 2017-03-31 09:26:23 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (11) |
Version 9.21 (2017-03-16)
This is the fifteenth full release in the stable 9.x series.
Highlights in this release include:
* pdfwrite now preserves annotations from input PDFs (where possible).
* The GhostXPS interpreter now provides the pdfwrite device with the data it \
requires to emit a ToUnicode CMap: thus allowing fully searchable PDFs to be \
created from XPS input (in the vast majority of cases).
* Ghostscript now allows the default color space for PDF transparency blends.
* The Ghostscript/GhostPDL configure script now has much better/fuller support \
for cross compiling.
* The tiffscaled and tiffscaled4 devices can now use ETS (Even Tone Screening)
* The toolbin/pdf_info.ps utility can now emit the PDF XML metadata.
* Ghostscript has a new scan converter available (currently optional, but will \
become the default in a near future release). It can be enabled by using the \
command line option: '-dSCANCONVERTERTYPE=2'. This new implementation provides \
vastly improved performance with large and complex paths.
* The usual round of bug fixes, compatibility changes, and incremental improvements.
| 2016-10-27 13:32:16 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
nd include Makefile.common again.
| 2016-10-27 13:06:01 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Restore Makefile.common, still used by fonts/ghostscript-cidfonts-ryumin
| 2016-10-09 19:15:11 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Restore linking on Darwin.
| 2016-09-30 14:37:31 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (7) | |
Updated ghostscript-agpl to 9.20.
Remove Makefile.common that is not used by anything, despite
a comment to the contrary.
Highlights in this release include:
The usual round of bug fixes, compatibility changes, and
For a list of open issues, or to report problems, please visit
bugs.ghostscript.com. Incompatible changes
The planned device API tidy did not happen for this release,
due to time pressures, but we still intend to undertake the
following: We plan to somewhat tidy up the device API. We intend
to remove deprecated device procs (methods/function pointers)
and change the device API so every device proc takes a graphics
state parameter (rather than the current scheme where only a
very few procs take an imager state parameter). This should
serve as notice to anyone maintaining a Ghostscript device
outside the canonical source tree that you may (probably will)
need to update your device(s) when these changes happen. Devices
using only the non-deprecated procs should be trivial to update.
| 2016-07-09 08:39:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1068) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.0 for everything mentioning perl.
| 2016-04-07 10:52:06 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (7) |
* New custom PJL (near) equivalents for pdfmark and setdistillerparams.
* Metadata pdfmark is now implemented.
* An experimental, rudimentary raster trapping implementation implementation has \
been added to the Ghostscript graphics library.
* The halftone threshold array generation tools (part of toolbin/halftone) have \
been improved with thresh_remap which allows folding the transfer function (AKA \
toner response curve (TRC)) into the threshold array so that highlights are \
improved. Further, gen_stochastic has improved support for minimum dot size and \
* Plus the usual round of bug fixes, compatibility changes, and incremental \