/py-reportlab, Powerful PDF-generating toolkit for Python
3.3.0, Package name:
py27-reportlab-3.3.0, Maintainer: joerg
A powerful PDF-generating toolkit for Python
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-09-14) Updated to version: py27-reportlab-3.3.0
- (2014-01-19) Updated to version: py27-reportlab-2.7
- (2013-12-06) Updated to version: py27-reportlab-2.5nb5
- (2013-06-05) Updated to version: py27-reportlab-2.5nb4
- (2013-06-03) Updated to version: py27-reportlab-2.5nb3
- (2012-04-10) Updated to version: py27-reportlab-2.5nb2
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-03-17 04:53:32 by D'Arcy J.M. Cain | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Modify DEPENDS so that any version can be built/checked. As discussed on
the mailing list with joerg@.
| 2016-09-11 18:41:00 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Fix PLIST for python-3.x.
| 2016-09-11 17:53:51 by Richard PALO | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
update to reportlab-3.3.0
Prefer py-Pillow over py-imaging (if not installed) permitting better
performance, successful test results and at the same time remove the
This is a summary of changes made to the reportlab source code for each release.
Please refer to subversion backlogs (using the release dates) for more details
or for releases which we have not provide a higher level changes list for.
E.g. to retrieve the changes made between release 3.1 and release 3.2, type::
$ hg log -r adb3f0d
The contributors lists are in no order and apologies to those accidentally not
mentioned. If we missed you, please let us know!
RELEASE 3.3 17/02/2016
* Canvas & Doctemplate now allow specification of the initial font Name, \
Size & Leading. Prevously you had to mess with rl_settings to accomplish \
* Canvas & Doctemplate now support specification of the \
* Add option to auto generate missing TTF font names. Handy for CJKers with \
home produced fonts. Also attempt to prevent usage of multiple TTFs with same \
* Paragraph styles now have justifyBreaks to control justification of lines \
broken with <br/>.
* Paragraph styles now have justifyLastLine=n to control justification of \
last lines with more than n words (0 means do not).
* Added EAN-5 and ISBN barcode widgets (contribution by Edward Greve).
* Bug fix of QrCodeWidget (prompted by https://bitbucket.org/fubu/).
* Frames now have support for automatic flowables at the top of frame. story \
support via the class reportlab.platypus.flowables.SetTopFlowables.
* Added support for Trapped and ModDate PDF info dictionary keys.
* Bug fix for pie charts with no data (raised by Michael Spector).
* New barcodes BarcodeCode128Auto & BarcodeECC200DataMatrix (contributed \
by Kyle MacFarlane).
* Improved LinePlot marker handling.
* PyPy improvements inspired by Marius Gedminas.
* Bug fix in reportlab.lib.utils.simpleSplit (reported by Chris Buergi \
* Unwanted escaping in renderSVG fixed (reported by Ruby Yocum).
* Bug fix in _rl_accel.c (remove excess state and fix refcount breakage \
reported by Mark De Wit <firstname.lastname@example.org>).
* Code128 barcode length optimization inspired by Klaas Feenstra.
* Paragraph <sup>/<super> & <sub> tags now support \
rise & size attributes to allow special control over position & font \
* Splitting tables now remove unwanted styles in the first part of the split \
(reported by Lele Gaifax).
* test changes inspired by https://bitbucket.org/stoneleaf
* ReportLab now runs all tests under Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4 & 3.5.
* Edward Greve
* Michael Spector
* Kyle MacFarlane
* Marius Gedminas
* Chris Buergi
* Ruby Yocum
* Mark de Wit
* Klaas Feenstra
* Lele Gaifax
RELEASE 3.2 01/06/2015
* Added proportional underlining specific to font sizes, set via the \
`underlineProportion` attribute of ParagraphStyles.
* TrueType fonts: added support for cmaps 10 & 13
* DocTemplate class now supports a boolean `displayDocTitle` argument.
* TableofContents now supports a formatter argument to allow formatting of \
the displayed page numbers (eg for appendices etc).
* Table `repeatRows` can now be a tuple of row numbers to allow incomplete \
ranges of rows to be repeated.
* Tables now do pass instance.`spaceBefore` & `spaceAfter` to their split \
children when split
* Several strangenesses were fixed in the pdfbase.pdfform module; Multiple \
usage is now allowed.
* Error message fixes
* Various environment fixes for Google Application Environment
* Resource fixes
* PDFDoc can now set the `Lang` attribute
* canvas.drawString and similar now allow the character spacing to be set
* Index of accented stuff has been improved
* RTL code was improved
* fix Propertyset.clone
* `flowables.py`: fix ImageAndFlowables so it avoids testing negative \
* Steven Jacobs
* Philip Semanchuk
* Marius Gedminas
* Kale Franz
* Albertas Agejavas
• Anders Hammarquist
* jvanzuela @ bitbucket
* Glen Lindermann
* Greg Jones
* James Bynd
* fcoelho @ bitbucket
RELEASE 3.1 22/04/2014
If you are running ReportLab 3.0.x, the changes are minor.
* support for emoji - characters outside the Unicode basic multilingual plane
* improved pip-based installers will pull in all the needed dependencies; \
Pillow 2.4 appears to deal with all our issues.
* Ivan Tchomgue
* Waldemar Osuch
RELEASE 3.0 14/02/2014
ReportLab 3.0 now supports Python 2.7, 3.3 and higher.
There has been a substantial internal rewrite to ensure consistent use of \
unicode strings for
natural-language text, and of bytes for all file format internals. The intent
is to make as few API changes as possible so that there should be little or no
impact on users and their applications. Changes are too numerous but can be
seen on Bitbucket.
### Python 3.x compatibility
* Python 3.x compatibility. A single line of code should run on 2.7 and 3.3
* __init__.py restricts to 2.7 or >=3.3
* __init__.py allow the import of on optional reportlab.local_rl_mods to allow \
monkey patching etc.
* rl_config now imports rl_settings & optionally local_rl_settings
* ReportLab C extensions now live inside reportlab; _rl_accel is no longer \
required; All _rl_accel imports now
pass through reportlab.lib.rl_accel
* xmllib is gone, alongside the paraparser stuff that caused issues in favour \
* some obsolete C extensions (sgmlop and pyHnj) are gone
* Improved support for multi-threaded systems to the _rl_accel extension module.
* Removed reportlab/lib/ para.py & pycanvas.py; these would better belong \
in third party packages,
which can make use of the monkeypatching feature above.
### New features
* Add ability to output greyscale and 1-bit PIL images without conversion to \
RGB. (contributed by Matthew Duggan)
* highlight annotation (contributed by Ben Echols)
* numerous very minor fixes, visible through BitBucket.
| 2016-07-09 15:04:18 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (599) |
Remove python33: adapt all packages that refer to it.
| 2015-12-05 22:26:09 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (578) |
Extend PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE to 35
| 2015-11-04 02:03:03 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (1194) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for print category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package acroread7: missing distfile AdobeReader_enu-7.0.9-1.i386.tar.gz
Package acroread8: missing distfile AdobeReader_enu-8.1.7-1.sparc.tar.gz
Package cups-filters: missing distfile cups-filters-1.1.0.tar.xz
Package dvidvi: missing distfile dvidvi-1.0.tar.gz
Package lgrind: missing distfile lgrind.tar.bz2
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-03-16 00:05:25 by Joerg Sonnenberger | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Explicitly extract font zip file with -L. The default behavior of
infozip changed and the system I last tested it on has the old behavior,
where NetBSD's unzip implements the new one already. Fixes PR 49748.
| 2014-05-09 09:37:28 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (553) |
Mark packages that are not ready for python-3.3 also not ready for 3.4,
until proven otherwise.