/boringssl, Fork of OpenSSL designed to meet Googles needs
20151230nb6, Package name:
boringssl-20151230nb6, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
BoringSSL is a fork of OpenSSL that is designed to meet Google's
Although BoringSSL is an open source project, it is not intended for
general use, as OpenSSL is. We don't recommend that third parties
depend upon it. Doing so is likely to be frustrating because there
are no guarantees of API or ABI stability.
Programs ship their own copies of BoringSSL when they use it and we
update everything as needed when deciding to make API changes. This
allows us to mostly avoid compromises in the name of compatibility.
It works for us, but it may not work for you.
BoringSSL arose because Google used OpenSSL for many years in various
ways and, over time, built up a large number of patches that were
maintained while tracking upstream OpenSSL. As Google's product
portfolio became more complex, more copies of OpenSSL sprung up and
the effort involved in maintaining all these patches in multiple
places was growing steadily.
Required to build:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-13) Updated to version: boringssl-20151230nb6
- (2016-12-04) Updated to version: boringssl-20151230nb5
- (2016-10-29) Updated to version: boringssl-20151230nb4
- (2016-09-14) Updated to version: boringssl-20151230nb3
- (2016-07-09) Updated to version: boringssl-20151230nb2
- (2016-02-24) Updated to version: boringssl-20151230nb1
CVS history: (Expand)