/botan, Portable, easy to use, and efficient C++ crypto library
1.10.13, Package name:
botan-1.10.13, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Botan is a crypto library written in C++. It provides a variety of
cryptographic algorithms, including common ones such as AES, MD5, SHA,
HMAC, RSA, Diffie-Hellman, DSA, and ECDSA, as well as many others that
are more obscure or specialized. It also offers X.509v3 certificates
and CRLs, and PKCS #10 certificate requests. A message processing
system that uses a filter/pipeline metaphor allows for many common
cryptographic tasks to be completed with just a few lines of code.
Assembly optimizations for common CPUs, including x86, x86-64, and
PowerPC, offers further speedups for critical tasks such as SHA-1
hashing and multiple precision integer operations.
Botan is licensed under the same permissive terms as NetBSD itself.
Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-11-13) Updated to version: botan-1.10.13
- (2016-05-20) Updated to version: botan-1.10.12
- (2012-10-09) Updated to version: botan-1.8.14
- (2011-11-26) Updated to version: botan-1.8.13
- (2011-09-08) Updated to version: botan-1.8.7nb4
- (2010-10-13) Updated to version: botan-1.8.7nb3
CVS history: (Expand)