/dirb, Web Content Scanner
1.9nb11, Package name:
dirb-1.9nb11, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
DIRB is a Web Content Scanner. It looks for existing (and/or hidden)
Web Objects. It basically works by launching a dictionary based
attack against a web server and analizing the response.
DIRB comes with a set of preconfigured attack wordlists for easy usage
but you can use your custom wordlists. Also DIRB sometimes can be
used as a classic CGI scanner, but remember is a content scanner not a
DIRB main purpose is to help in professional web application auditing.
Specially in security related testing. It covers some holes not
covered by classic web vulnerability scanners. DIRB looks for
specific web objects that other generic CGI scanners can't look for.
It doesn't search vulnerabilities nor does it look for web contents
that can be vulnerables.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-01-01) Updated to version: dirb-1.9nb11
- (2016-10-08) Updated to version: dirb-1.9nb10
- (2016-03-05) Updated to version: dirb-1.9nb9
- (2014-02-12) Updated to version: dirb-1.9nb8
- (2013-02-12) Updated to version: dirb-1.9nb7
- (2012-12-16) Updated to version: dirb-1.9nb6
CVS history: (Expand)