/gnupg21, GnuPG with OpenPGP and S/MIME capabilities
2.1.18, Package name:
gnupg21-2.1.18, Maintainer: ada
GnuPG-2 provides several utilities that are used by mail clients,
such as Kmail and Balsa, including OpenPGP and S/MIME support.
GnuPG-2 has a different architecture than GnuPG-1 (e.g. 1.4.5) in that
it splits up functionality into several modules. However, both
versions may be installed alongside without any conflict. In fact,
the gpg version from GnuPG-1 is able to make use of the gpg-agent as
included in GnuPG-2 and allows for seamless passphrase caching. The
advantage of GnuPG-1 is its smaller size and the lack of dependency on
other modules at run and build time.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-02-04) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.18
- (2016-12-19) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.16
- (2016-12-04) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.14nb1
- (2016-07-16) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.14
- (2016-07-02) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.13nb1
- (2016-06-17) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.13
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-02-04 08:12:35 by Maya Rashish | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
gnupg21: update to 2.1.18.
| 2016-12-18 22:58:23 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (6) | |
Update to gnupg21-2.1.16.
* gpg: New algorithm for selecting the best ranked public key when
using a mail address with -r, -R, or --locate-key.
* gpg: New option --with-tofu-info to print a new "tfs" record in
colon formatted key listings.
* gpg: New option --compliance as an alternative way to specify
options like --rfc2440, --rfc4880, et al.
* gpg: Many changes to the TOFU implementation.
* gpg: Improve usability of --quick-gen-key.
* gpg: In --verbose mode print a diagnostic when a pinentry is
* gpg: Remove code which warns for old versions of gnome-keyring.
* gpg: New option --override-session-key-fd.
* gpg: Option --output does now work with --verify.
* gpgv: New option --output to allow saving the verified data.
* gpgv: New option --enable-special-filenames.
* agent, dirmngr: New --supervised mode for use by systemd and alike.
* agent: By default listen on all available sockets using standard
* agent: Invoke scdaemon with --homedir.
* dirmngr: On Linux now detects the removal of its own socket and
* scd: Support ECC key generation.
* scd: Support more card readers.
* dirmngr: New option --allow-version-check to download a software
version database in the background.
* dirmngr: Use system provided CAs if no --hkp-cacert is given.
* dirmngr: Use a default keyserver if none is explicitly set
* gpgconf: New command --query-swdb to check software versions
against an copy of an online database.
* gpgconf: Print the socket directory with --list-dirs.
* tools: The WKS tools now support draft version -02.
* tools: Always build gpg-wks-client and install under libexec.
* tools: New option --supported for gpg-wks-client.
* The log-file option now accepts a value "socket://" to log to the
socket named "S.log" in the standard socket directory.
* Provide fake pinentries for use by tests cases of downstream
* Fixed many bugs and regressions.
* Many changes and improvements for the test suite.
| 2016-12-16 17:21:54 by Hans Rosenfeld | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Make this build on SunOS.
| 2016-12-04 06:17:46 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (667) |
Recursive revbump from textproc/icu 58.1
| 2016-08-20 18:18:03 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Add upstream bug report URL, thanks bsiegert!
| 2016-08-20 15:40:30 by Benny Siegert | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Link gpgscm against libintl to fix build failures. Add required minimum
versions of libcrypt and libksba.
Reported by Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri in mail to pkgsrc-user.
| 2016-07-16 10:32:05 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated gnupg21 to 2.1.14.
Noteworthy changes in version 2.1.14 (2016-07-14)
* gpg: Removed options --print-dane-records and --print-pka-records.
The new export options "export-pka" and "export-dane" can \
be used with the export command.
* gpg: New options --import-filter and --export-filter.
* gpg: New import options "import-show" and "import-export".
* gpg: New option --no-keyring.
* gpg: New command --quick-revuid.
* gpg: New options -f/--recipient-file and -F/--hidden-recipient-file
to directly specify encryption keys.
* gpg: New option --mimemode to indicate that the content is a MIME
part. Does only enable --textmode right now.
* gpg: New option --rfc4880bis to allow experiments with proposed
changes to the current OpenPGP specs.
* gpg: Fix regression in the "fetch" sub-command of --card-edit.
* gpg: Fix regression since 2.1 in option --try-all-secrets.
* gpgv: Change default options for extra security.
* gpgsm: No more root certificates are installed by default.
* agent: "updatestartuptty" does now affect more environment
* scd: The option --homedir does now work with scdaemon.
* scd: Support some more GEMPlus card readers.
* gpgtar: Fix handling of '-' as file name.
* gpgtar: New commands --create and --extract.
* gpgconf: Tweak for --list-dirs to better support shell scripts.
* tools: Add programs gpg-wks-client and gpg-wks-server to implement
a Web Key Service. The configure option --enable-wks-tools is
required to build them; they should be considered Beta software.
* tests: Complete rework of the openpgp part of the test suite. The
test scripts have been changed from Bourne shell scripts to Scheme
programs. A customized scheme interpreter (gpgscm) is included.
This change was triggered by the need to run the test suite on
* The rendering of the man pages has been improved.
| 2016-07-02 17:18:29 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Requested by Jonathan Schleifer in PR 51303.