/gnupg21, GnuPG with OpenPGP and S/MIME capabilities
2.1.20nb1, Package name:
gnupg21-2.1.20nb1, Maintainer: ada
GnuPG-2 provides several utilities that are used by mail clients,
such as Kmail and Balsa, including OpenPGP and S/MIME support.
GnuPG-2 has a different architecture than GnuPG-1 (e.g. 1.4.5) in that
it splits up functionality into several modules. However, both
versions may be installed alongside without any conflict. In fact,
the gpg version from GnuPG-1 is able to make use of the gpg-agent as
included in GnuPG-2 and allows for seamless passphrase caching. The
advantage of GnuPG-1 is its smaller size and the lack of dependency on
other modules at run and build time.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
] Package options
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-23) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.20nb1
- (2017-04-16) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.20
- (2017-02-04) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.18
- (2016-12-19) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.16
- (2016-12-04) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.14nb1
- (2016-07-16) Updated to version: gnupg21-2.1.14
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-22 23:04:05 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (670) | |
Revbump after icu update
| 2017-04-20 11:55:29 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Add upstream bug report URL.
| 2017-04-20 11:50:37 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Remove unneeded patch, confirmed by hans.
| 2017-04-16 09:21:48 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated gnupg21 to 2.1.20.
Based on PR 52165 by Jonathan Schleifer.
Noteworthy changes in version 2.1.20 (2017-04-03)
* gpg: New properties 'expired', 'revoked', and 'disbaled' for the
import and export filters.
* gpg: New command --quick-set-primary-uid.
* gpg: New compliance field for the --with-colon key listing.
* gpg: Changed the key parser to generalize the processing of local
meta data packets.
* gpg: Fixed assertion failure in the TOFU trust model.
* gpg: Fixed exporting of zero length user ID packets.
* scd: Improved support for multiple readers.
* scd: Fixed timeout handling for key generation.
* agent: New option --enable-extended-key-format.
* dirmngr: Do not add a keyserver to a new dirmngr.conf. Dirmngr
uses a default keyserver.
* dimngr: Do not treat TLS warning alerts as severe error when
building with GNUTLS.
* dirmngr: Actually take /etc/hosts in account.
* wks: Fixed client problems on Windows. Published keys are now set
* tests: Fixed creation of temporary directories.
* A socket directory for a non standard GNUGHOME is now created on
the fly under /run/user. Thus "gpgconf --create-socketdir" is now
optional. The use of "gpgconf --remove-socketdir" to clean up
obsolete socket directories is however recommended to avoid
cluttering /run/user with useless directories.
* Fixed build problems on some platforms.
Noteworthy changes in version 2.1.19 (2017-03-01)
* gpg: Print a warning if Tor mode is requested but the Tor daemon
is not running.
* gpg: New status code DECRYPTION_KEY to print the actual private
key used for decryption.
* gpgv: New options --log-file and --debug.
* gpg-agent: Revamp the prompts to ask for card PINs.
* scd: Support for multiple card readers.
* scd: Removed option --debug-disable-ticker. Ticker is used
only when it is required to watch removal of device/card.
* scd: Improved detection of card inserting and removal.
* dirmngr: New option --disable-ipv4.
* dirmngr: New option --no-use-tor to explicitly disable the use of
* dirmngr: The option --allow-version-check is now required even if
the option --use-tor is also used.
* dirmngr: Handle a missing nsswitch.conf gracefully.
* dirmngr: Avoid PTR lookups for keyserver pools. The are only done
for the debug command "keyserver --hosttable".
* dirmngr: Rework the internal certificate cache to support classes
of certificates. Load system provided certificates on startup.
Add options --tls, --no-crl, and --systrust to the "VALIDATE"
* dirmngr: Add support for the ntbtls library.
* wks: Create mails with a "WKS-Phase" header. Fix detection of
* The Windows installer is now build with limited TLS support.
* Many other bug fixes and new regression tests.
| 2017-02-04 08:12:35 by Maya Rashish | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
gnupg21: update to 2.1.18.
| 2016-12-18 22:58:23 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (6) | |
Update to gnupg21-2.1.16.
* gpg: New algorithm for selecting the best ranked public key when
using a mail address with -r, -R, or --locate-key.
* gpg: New option --with-tofu-info to print a new "tfs" record in
colon formatted key listings.
* gpg: New option --compliance as an alternative way to specify
options like --rfc2440, --rfc4880, et al.
* gpg: Many changes to the TOFU implementation.
* gpg: Improve usability of --quick-gen-key.
* gpg: In --verbose mode print a diagnostic when a pinentry is
* gpg: Remove code which warns for old versions of gnome-keyring.
* gpg: New option --override-session-key-fd.
* gpg: Option --output does now work with --verify.
* gpgv: New option --output to allow saving the verified data.
* gpgv: New option --enable-special-filenames.
* agent, dirmngr: New --supervised mode for use by systemd and alike.
* agent: By default listen on all available sockets using standard
* agent: Invoke scdaemon with --homedir.
* dirmngr: On Linux now detects the removal of its own socket and
* scd: Support ECC key generation.
* scd: Support more card readers.
* dirmngr: New option --allow-version-check to download a software
version database in the background.
* dirmngr: Use system provided CAs if no --hkp-cacert is given.
* dirmngr: Use a default keyserver if none is explicitly set
* gpgconf: New command --query-swdb to check software versions
against an copy of an online database.
* gpgconf: Print the socket directory with --list-dirs.
* tools: The WKS tools now support draft version -02.
* tools: Always build gpg-wks-client and install under libexec.
* tools: New option --supported for gpg-wks-client.
* The log-file option now accepts a value "socket://" to log to the
socket named "S.log" in the standard socket directory.
* Provide fake pinentries for use by tests cases of downstream
* Fixed many bugs and regressions.
* Many changes and improvements for the test suite.
| 2016-12-16 17:21:54 by Hans Rosenfeld | Files touched by this commit (3) |
Make this build on SunOS.
| 2016-12-04 06:17:46 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (667) |
Recursive revbump from textproc/icu 58.1