Update sysutils/collectd and subpackages to 5.6.1.
- Simplify patching somewhat by calling automake
- Temporarily disable the processes plugin patch for NetBSD, until
its code is amended for collectd code changes.
- Build system: Unnecessary linking of the Write Graphite plugin
with libyajl has been removed.
- collectd: A bug in the FlushInterval option that caused a
segmentation fault in the Write HTTP plugin has been fixed.
- Apache plugin: A syntax error has been fixed.
- cURL-JSON plugin: A segmentation fault that occurred when
handling JSON with unexpected structure has been fixed.
- PostgreSQL plugin: Handling of NULL values in the query_plans
and query_plans_by_table queries has been fixed.
- RRDCacheD plugin: Reconnection behavior has been added.
- VServer plugin: Use of a deprecated API (readdir_r()) has been
- Write Graphite plugin: Make default values configurable at
compile time again.
- Write HTTP plugin: A bug has been fixed that lead to flush
callbacks being registered twice.
- Build system: An option to to avoid building the DF plugin
against XFS has been added.
- Build system: Autoconf >=2.60, a C99-capable compiler and
pkg-config are now required.
- Build system: Building with -Werror is now optional.
- Build system: Many compilation issues on non-Linux platforms
have been fixed, leading to wider plugin support.
- Build system: The configuration summary now also ends up in
- collectd: All command-line options now override global options
from the config file.
- collectd: A number of unit tests for commonly used functions
have been added.
- collectd: Plugins start up and read timeouts are now logged.
- collectd: Support for a timeout has been added to FLUSH
- collectd: The -T command line switch now reports more errors.
- collectd: The max size of value list elements
(DATA_MAX_NAME_LEN) has been doubled and is now configurable at
- Set target: The MetaData option has been added.
- AMQP plugin, Write_HTTP plugin, Write_Kafka plugin: Support for
libyajl < 2 has been added.
- APC UPS plugin: Parsing of end markers has been fixed.
- APC UPS plugin: The PersistentConnection option has been added.
- ceph plugin, DNS plugin, Exec plugin, IPTables plugin, Ping
plugin, turbostat plugin: When running unprivileged, these
plugins will now warn about insuffiscient permissions or
- Chrony plugin: This new plugin collects NTP data from the chrony
- cpusleep plugin: This new plugin measures time spent by CPU in
deep sleep mode.
- CPU plugin: The ReportNumCpu option has been added.
- cURL plugin, cURL-JSON plugin, cURL-XML plugin: The new
Statistics reports various per-HTTP connection timers.
- DBI plugin: The Interval option has been added to Database
- Disk plugin: Support for FreeBSD has been added.
- Empty Counter match: Support for derives has been implemented.
- GenericJMX plugin: Support for TabularData and the PluginName
option have been added.
- GPS plugin: This new plugin reports the number of sattelites
seen by and precision of a GPS receiver.
- gRPC plugin: This new client and server plugin allows sending
and receiving metrics using the gRPC protocol. Comparable to the
UnixSock plugin, but using TCP and TLS.
- Interface plugin: Reporting dropped packets has been added.
- Interface plugin: The ReportInactive has been added, letting
users skip inactive network interfaces.
- Interface plugin: The new, Solaris-only UniqueName option has
- Lua plugin: This new language binding allows writing plugins
using the Lua programming language.
- Memory plugin: Reporting of ARC memory on Solaris has been
- MQTT plugin: This new plugin sends metrics to and/or receives
metrics from an MQTT broker.
- MySQL plugin: Connection to the database server can now be done
- MySQL plugin: Monitoring slow queries has been added.
- MySQL plugin: mysql_bpool_pages-flushed has been renamed to
mysql_bpool_counters-pages_flushed because the value is
- MySQL plugin: Support for Galera statistics has been added.
- MySQL plugin: Support for InnoDB metrics was improved.
- MySQL plugin: The mysql_sort type has been split into 3
- Network plugin: Decryption error logging has been improved.
- Notify Nagios plugin: This new plugin sends notifications to
Nagios as a passive check result.
- NTPd plugin: The plugin now detects if the ntp daemon reports
nanoseconds instead of microseconds.
- OpenLDAP plugin: Several connection-related improvements have
- OpenLDAP plugin: Support for "simple authentication" has been
- Ping plugin: The Size option has been added, allowing the ICMP
data payload size to be configured.
- PostgreSQL plugin, DBI plugin, Oracle plugin: The new
PluginInstanceFrom option has been added.
- PowerDNS plugin: The recursor metrics have been updated to 3.7.3
and missing rr types have been added.
- Processes plugin: Counting of context switches was added for
- Processes plugin: Improve reliability of thread counts on Linux.
- Python plugin: Minimal Python version requirement has been
bumped to 2.6.
- Redis plugin: Several additional metrics are now collected.
- Sensors plugin: The UseLabels option has been added.
- SMART plugin: The new IgnoreSleepMode option has been added.
- SMART plugin: The new UseSerial option allows identifying
devices in a stable way.
- SNMP plugin: The IpAddress can now be used for instances.
- StatsD plugin: Latency calculation histogram is now able to
shrink automatically to optimal size.
- StatsD plugin: The CounterSum option has been added.
- UUID plugin: The plugin now also looks in in smbios system table
- virt plugin: The PluginInstanceFormat option has been added.
- Write Graphite plugin: The ReconnectInterval option has been
- Write HTTP plugin: A KairosDB formatter has been added.
- Write HTTP plugin: Notifications are now handled by this plugin.
- Write HTTP plugin: The LogHttpError option has been added.
- Write HTTP plugin: The new Headers option allows setting custom
HTTP headers in outgoing requests.
- Write Kafka plugin: Key handling has been made more
comprehensive and reliable.
- Write Redis plugin: The Database, MaxSetSize, Prefix and
StoreRates options have been added.
- Write Riemann plugin: The new BatchFlushTimeout and Timeout
option have been added.
- Write Riemann plugin: This plugin now requires the
riemann-c-client library, version 1.6.0+. This adds support for
submitting values to Riemann over TLS.
- Write TSDB plugin, Write Sensu plugin, Write Riemann plugin,
Write Graphite plugin, Write TSDB plugin: TCP keepalive is now
enabled, helping graceful recovery from unclean network
- XenCPU plugin: This new plugin collects XEN Hypervisor CPU
- ZFS ARC plugin: Several new statistics have been added and a
couple of obsolete ones removed.
- Zone plugin: This new plugin reads per-zone CPU usage on
- collectd: A division by zero has been fixed in the
- collectd: The address of the Free Software Foundation has been
fixed in GPL license headers.
- Build system: Detection and handling of librrd 1.6 and later has
- Apache plugin: A warning about a possible misconfiguration has
- cURL, cURL-JSON and cURL-XML plugins: A memory leak when
allocating more memory fails has been fixed.
- DF plugin: A build issue on DragonFlyBSD has been fixed.
- Ethstat plugin: Code to strip leading whitespace from device
names. This works around an issue in the VMXNet3 driver.
- Exec plugin: A problem in the error handling of an fdopen()
failure has been fixed.
- Modbus plugin: The debug output has been disabled by default. It
is now only enabled when building with --enable-debug.
- Network plugin: A check for the initialization of secure memory
has been added. Previously, failure to initialize this memory
- Network plugin: A heap overflow has been fixed in the server
code. This issue can be triggered remotely and is potentially
- Perl plugin: Init callbacks have been changed to run essentially
single-threaded to avoid race conditions by init functions which
create additional threads.
- Processes plugin: A compilation error on systems without regex.h
has been fixed.
- Processes plugin: A memory leak on Solaris has been fixed.
- Processes plugin: A warning about too long process names has
- Redis plugin: A memory leak in an error handling code path has
- Redis plugin: The data source type of the expired_keys metric
has been corrected to DERIVE.
- SMART plugin: A build dependency on libudev has been added.
- StatsD plugin: A deadlock on plugin shutdown has been fixed.
- Write HTTP plugin: Freeing of memory holding HTTP headers during
shutdown has been fixed.
- Write Sensu plugin: A segfault when the Tag was unset has been
- ZFS ARC plugin: The cache_operation-stolen metric has been
removed for FreeBSD 10.2 and later.