/consul, Tool for service discovery, monitoring and configuration
0.8.1, Package name:
consul-0.8.1, Maintainer: filip
Consul is a tool for service discovery and configuration. Consul
is distributed, highly available, and extremely scalable.
Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-18) Updated to version: consul-0.8.1
- (2017-04-13) Updated to version: consul-0.8.0nb1
- (2017-04-07) Updated to version: consul-0.8.0
- (2017-02-17) Updated to version: consul-0.7.5
- (2017-02-14) Updated to version: consul-0.7.4
- (2017-01-27) Updated to version: consul-0.7.3
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-18 17:47:18 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update sysutils/consul to 0.8.1.
- agent: Node IDs derived from host information are now hashed to
prevent things like common server hardware from generating IDs with
a common prefix across nodes.
- agent: Added new -disable-host-node-id CLI flag and
disable_host_node_id config option to the Consul agent to prevent it
from using information from the host when generating a node ID.
- agent: Removed useless "==> Caught signal: broken pipe" logging
since that often results from problems sending telemetry or broken
incoming client connections; operators don't need to be alerted to
- cli: Added TLS options for setting the client/CA certificates to use
when communicating with Consul.
- build: Consul is now built with Go 1.8.1.
- ui: Updates Consul assets to new branding.
- api: Added missing Raft index fields to AgentService and Node
- server: Fixed an issue where flood joins would not work with IPv6
- server: Fixed an issue where electing a 0.8.x leader during an
upgrade would cause a panic in older servers.
- server: Fixed an issue where tracking of leadership changes could
become incorrect when changes occurred very rapidly.
- server: Fixed a panic when checking ACLs on a session that doesn't
| 2017-04-13 17:12:07 by Benny Siegert | Files touched by this commit (39) | |
Revbump all Go packages after the Go 1.8.1 update.
| 2017-04-06 21:25:18 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update sysutils/consul to 0.8.0
- Command-Line Interface RPC Deprecation: The RPC client interface has
- Version 8 ACLs Are Now Opt-Out: The acl_enforce_version_8
configuration now defaults to true to enable full version 8 ACL
support by default.
- Remote Exec Is Now Opt-In: The default for disable_remote_exec was
changed to "true", so now operators need to opt-in to having agents
support running commands remotely via consul exec.
- Raft Protocol Compatibility: When upgrading to Consul 0.8.0 from a
version lower than 0.7.0, users will need to set the -raft-protocol
option to 1 in order to maintain backwards compatibility with the old
servers during the upgrade.
- Autopilot: A set of features has been added to allow for automatic
operator-friendly management of Consul servers.
- Dead Server Cleanup: Dead servers will periodically be cleaned up and
removed from the Raft peer set
- Server Health Checking: An internal health check has been added to
track the stability of servers.
- New Server Stabilization: When a new server is added to the cluster,
there will be a waiting period where it must be healthy and stable for
a certain amount of time before being promoted to a full, voting member.
- Advanced Redundancy: (Consul Enterprise) A new -non-voting-server
option flag has been added for Consul servers to configure a server
that does not participate in the Raft quorum.
- Upgrade Orchestration: (Consul Enterprise) Autopilot will
automatically orchestrate an upgrade strategy for Consul servers
- Network Areas: (Consul Enterprise) A new capability has been added
which allows operators to define network areas that join together two
- WAN Soft Fail: Request routing between servers in the WAN is now more
robust by treating Serf failures as advisory but not final.
- WAN Join Flooding: A new routine was added that looks for Consul
servers in the LAN and makes sure that they are joined into the WAN as
- Validate command: To provide consistency across our products, the
configtest command has been deprecated and replaced with the validate
- agent: Fixed a missing case where gossip would stop flowing to dead
nodes for a short while.
- agent: Changed agent to seed Go's random number generator.
- agent: Serf snapshots no longer have the executable bit set on the
- agent: Consul is now built with Go 1.8.
- agent: Updated aws-sdk-go version (used for EC2 auto join) for Go 1.8
- agent: User-supplied node IDs are now normalized to lower-case.
- agent: Added checks to enforce uniqueness of agent node IDs at cluster
join time and when registering with the catalog.
- cli: Standardized handling of CLI options for connecting to the Consul
- cli: Updated go-cleanhttp library for better HTTP connection handling
between CLI commands and the Consul agent
- cli: The operator raft subcommand has had its two modes split into the
list-peers and remove-peer subcommands.
- cli: Added an -id flag to the operator raft remove-peer command to
allow removing a peer by ID.
- dns: Allows the .service tag to be optional in RFC 2782 lookups.
- server: Changed the internal EnsureRegistration RPC endpoint to
prevent registering checks that aren't associated with the top-level
node being registered.
- agent: Fixed an issue with consul watch not working when http was
listening on a unix socket.
- agent: Fixed an issue where checks and services could not sync
deregister operations back to the catalog when version 8 ACL support
- agent: Fixed an issue where agents could use the ACL token registered
with a service when registering checks for the same service that were
registered with a different ACL token.
- cli: Fixed consul kv commands not reading the CONSUL_HTTP_TOKEN
- cli: Fixed an issue where prefixing an address with a protocol (such
as 'http://' or 'https://') in -http-addr or CONSUL_HTTP_ADDR would
give an error.
- cli: Fixed an issue where error messages would get printed to stdout
instead of stderr.
- server: Fixed an issue with version 8 ACLs where servers couldn't
deregister nodes from the catalog during reconciliation.
- server: Fixed an issue where servers could temporarily roll back
changes to a node's metadata or tagged addresses when making updates
to the node's health checks.
- server: Fixed an issue where the service name consul was not subject
to service ACL policies with version 8 ACLs enabled.
| 2017-02-17 16:22:03 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update sysutils/consul to 0.7.5.
- server: Fixed a rare but serious issue where Consul servers could
panic when performing a large delete operation followed by a specific
sequence of other updates to related parts of the state store (affects
KV, sessions, prepared queries, and the catalog).
| 2017-02-14 11:27:50 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update sysutils/consul to 0.7.4.
- agent: Integrated gopsutil library to use built in host UUID as node ID,
if available, instead of a randomly generated UUID. This makes it easier
for other applications on the same host to generate the same node ID
without coordinating with Consul.
- agent: Added a configuration option, tls_min_version, for setting the
minimum allowed TLS version used for the HTTP API and RPC.
- agent: Added a relay-factor option to keyring operations to allow nodes
to relay their response through N randomly-chosen other nodes in the
- build: Consul is now built with Go 1.7.5.
- dns: Add ability to lookup Consul agents by either their Node ID or Node
Name through the node interface (e.g. DNS (node-id|node-name).node.consul).
- dns: Fixed an issue where SRV lookups for services on a node registered
with non-IP addresses were missing the CNAME record in the additional
section of the response.
| 2017-01-27 15:33:17 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update sysutils/consul to 0.7.3.
- KV Import/Export CLI: consul kv export and consul kv import can be
used to move parts of the KV tree between disconnected consul
clusters, using JSON as the intermediate representation.
- Node Metadata: Support for assigning user-defined metadata key/value
pairs to nodes has been added.
- Node Identifiers: Consul agents can now be configured with a unique
identifier, or they will generate one at startup that will persist
across agent restarts.
- Improved Blocking Queries: Consul's blocking query implementation was
improved to provide a much more fine-grained mechanism for detecting
- GCE auto-discovery: New -retry-join-gce configuration options added to
allow bootstrapping by automatically discovering Google Cloud
instances with a given tag at startup.
- build: Consul is now built with Go 1.7.4.
- cli: consul kv get now has a -base64 flag to base 64 encode the value.
- cli: consul kv put now has a -base64 flag for setting values which are
base 64 encoded.
- ui: Added a notice that JS is required when viewing the web UI with JS
- agent: Redacted the AWS access key and secret key ID from the
/v1/agent/self output so they are not disclosed.
- agent: Fixed a rare startup panic due to a Raft/Serf race condition.
- cli: Fixed a panic when an empty quoted argument was given to consul
- tests: Fixed a race condition with check mock's map usage.
| 2017-01-03 08:39:07 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update sysutils/consul to 0.7.2
- Keyring API: A new /v1/operator/keyring HTTP endpoint was added that
allows for performing operations such as list, install, use, and
remove on the encryption keys in the gossip keyring.
- Monitor API: A new /v1/agent/monitor HTTP endpoint was added to allow
for viewing streaming log output from the agent, similar to the consul
- Reload API: A new /v1/agent/reload HTTP endpoint was added for
triggering a reload of the agent's configuration.
- Leave API: A new /v1/agent/leave HTTP endpoint was added for causing
an agent to gracefully shutdown and leave the cluster (previously,
only force-leave was present in the HTTP API).
- Bind Address Templates (beta): Consul agents now allow
go-sockaddr/template syntax to be used for any bind address
configuration (advertise_addr, bind_addr, client_addr, and others).
- Complete ACL Coverage (beta): Consul 0.8 will feature complete ACL
coverage for all of Consul.
- agent: Defaults to ?pretty JSON for HTTP API requests when in -dev
- agent: Updated Circonus metrics library and added new Circonus
configration options for Consul for customizing check display name and
- agent: Added a checksum to UDP gossip messages to guard against packet
- agent: Check whether a snapshot needs to be taken more often (every 5
seconds instead of 2 minutes) to keep the raft file smaller and to
avoid doing huge truncations when writing lots of entries very quickly.
- agent: Allow gossiping to suspected/recently dead nodes.
- agent: Changed the gossip suspicion timeout to grow smoothly as the
number of nodes grows.
- agent: Added a deprecation notice for Atlas features to the CLI and
- agent: Give a better error message when the given data-dir is not a
- agent: Fixed a panic when SIGPIPE signal was received.
- api: Added missing Raft index fields to CatalogService structure.
- api: Added missing notes field to AgentServiceCheck structure.
- api: Changed type of AgentServiceCheck.TLSSkipVerify from string to
- api: Added new HealthChecks.AggregatedStatus() method that makes it
easy get an overall health status from a list of checks.
- api: Changed type of KVTxnOp.Verb from string to KVOp.
- cli: Fixed an issue with the consul kv put command where a negative
value would be interpreted as an argument to read from standard input.
- ui: Fixed an issue where extra commas would be shown around service
- ui: Customized Bootstrap config to avoid missing font file references.
- ui: Removed "Deregister" button as removing nodes from the catalog
isn't a common operation and leads to lots of user confusion.
| 2016-12-04 17:30:01 by Benny Siegert | Files touched by this commit (35) | |
Revbump Go packages after 1.7.4 update.