/dbus-glib, GLib bindings for the D-BUS message bus system
0.108, Package name:
dbus-glib-0.108, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
D-BUS is a message bus, used for sending messages between applications.
Conceptually, it fits somewhere in between raw sockets and CORBA in terms
D-BUS supports broadcast messages, asynchronous messages (thus decreasing
latency), authentication, and more. It is designed to be low-overhead;
messages are sent using a binary protocol, not using XML. D-BUS also
supports a method call mapping for its messages, but it is not required;
this makes using the system quite simple.
This package provides the D-BUS interface to GLib and the dbus-monitor
utility (included here because it also uses GLib).
Required to run:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-09-14) Updated to version: dbus-glib-0.108
- (2016-01-21) Updated to version: dbus-glib-0.106
- (2015-02-17) Updated to version: dbus-glib-0.104
- (2014-02-20) Updated to version: dbus-glib-0.102
- (2013-03-16) Updated to version: dbus-glib-0.100.2
- (2013-02-18) Updated to version: dbus-glib-0.100.1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-09-12 09:34:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updated dbus-glib to 0.108.
dbus-glib 0.108 (2016-09-09)
The “toxic chair” release.
• Use dbus-run-session instead of dbus-launch for tests.
| 2016-01-18 23:53:03 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update dbus-glib to 0.106:
dbus-glib 0.106 (2016-01-14)
The “crumbling vestige” release.
• Stop testing G_HAVE_INLINE, which ceased to work in GLib 2.47.2 and
wasn't meant to be API anyway. Instead, rely on "static inline" doing
the right thing. On pre-C99 compilers, this relies on <glib.h> defining
inline to __inline, __inline__ or the empty string if the compiler
requires it, which it has done since 2000. (fd.o #93513, Colin Watson)
• Stop calling g_mem_profile() in the tests, which no longer does anything
and caused the tests to fail by issuing a warning (Simon McVittie)
• Slightly modernize build system, and remove a weird cross-directory
dependency which was breaking distcheck (Simon McVittie)
• Stop distributing generated marshallers in the tarball (Simon McVittie)
| 2015-11-04 02:32:42 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (499) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for sysutils category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package memconf distfile memconf-2.16/memconf.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package dc-tools: missing distfile dc-tools/abs0-dc-burn-netbsd-1.5-0-gae55ec9
Package ipw-firmware: missing distfile ipw2100-fw-1.2.tgz
Package iwi-firmware: missing distfile ipw2200-fw-2.3.tgz
Package nvnet: missing distfile nvnet-netbsd-src-20050620.tgz
Package syslog-ng: missing distfile syslog-ng-3.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-02-17 15:03:54 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 0.104. You should read the changelog below.
dbus-glib 0.104 (2015-02-09)
The “smoke and ashes” release.
• Document the entire library as deprecated (Simon McVittie, Philip Withnall)
• libdbus 1.8 is required
• GLib 2.32 is required
• The libdbus 1.8 dependency means we can now document that
dbus_g_thread_init() is idempotent and thread-safe
(fd.o #54770, Simon McVittie)
• Use g_cclosure_marshal_generic for all marshalling (fd.o #64214,
• Allow timeouts to be migrated from one main context to another
without an assertion failure (fd.o #30574, Mike Gorse)
• Don't trip a libdbus fatal warning if a Unix fd or other unsupported type
is encountered in a message (fd.o #80557, Alban Crequy)
• Make the tests pass with newer GLib by not removing removed sources
(fd.o #83530, Simon McVittie)
• Fix some typos in the documentation (fd.o #45686, Jiří Klimeš)
• Make the Autotools setup less awful (fd.o #58698;
Rafał Mużyło, Simon McVittie)
| 2014-02-20 11:17:45 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 0.102:
dbus-glib 0.102 (2014-02-12)
The “I've come to the conclusion that Debian should choose Russ Allbery
to be its new init system” release. 
• Add dbus_g_method_invocation_get_connection (fd.o #55729, Dan Williams)
• Add dbus_g_connection_open_private (fd.o #55730, Dan Williams)
• Better regression tests (fd.o #23633, fd.o #40711, fd.o #41129, fd.o #51511,
fd.o #68603; Simon McVittie, Dan Williams)
• Get rid of more dead code (fd.o #40711, Simon McVittie)
• dbus-binding-tool: check validity of names (fd.o #7909, Simon McVittie)
• dbus_g_value_build_g_variant: treat GValues containing (G_TYPE_STRING, NULL)
or (G_TYPE_STRV, NULL) as empty string or empty array instead of asserting
(fd.o #71811, Xavier Claessens)
• Upload documentation correctly (Simon McVittie)
• Fix under-linking (fd.o #68601, Simon McVittie)
 credit: https://twitter.com/keybuk/status/433058371290157056
| 2013-03-15 23:09:13 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update to 0.100.2: documentation updates.
| 2013-02-18 12:51:21 by Matthias Drochner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
update to 0.100.1
-dbus-gproxy: Verify sender of NameOwnerChanged signals to be o.f.DBus
fixes possible security bypass (CVE-2013-0292)
| 2012-10-23 21:51:39 by Aleksej Saushev | Files touched by this commit (447) |
Drop superfluous PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT, "user-destdir" is default these days.