/ruby-facter, Cross-platform Ruby library for retrieving facts from OS
2.4.6, Package name:
ruby23-facter-2.4.6, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Cross-platform Ruby library for retrieving facts from operating systems.
Supports multiple resolution mechanisms, any of which can be restricted to
working only on certain operating systems or environments. Facter is
especially useful for retrieving things like operating system names, IP
addresses, MAC addresses, and SSH keys.
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-19) Updated to version: ruby23-facter-2.4.6
- (2016-03-15) Updated to version: ruby22-facter-2.4.6
- (2015-06-11) Updated to version: ruby200-facter-2.4.4
- (2015-03-08) Updated to version: ruby200-facter-2.4.1nb1
- (2015-02-13) Updated to version: ruby200-facter-2.4.1
- (2014-07-24) Updated to version: ruby200-facter-1.7.5
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-19 13:24:39 by Jonathan Perkin | Files touched by this commit (27) |
Reset MAINTAINER after tonnerre resigned.
| 2016-03-15 16:28:05 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-facter to 2.4.6.
* (FACT-959) Incorrect processor counts on Windows
* (FACT-1286) Only return files, never directories
* (FACT-765) Constrain windows `id` gid resolution
* (FACT-704) Fix docker detection for systemd slices
* (maint) Remove rubygems_version from gemspec.
| 2015-11-04 02:32:42 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (499) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for sysutils category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package memconf distfile memconf-2.16/memconf.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package dc-tools: missing distfile dc-tools/abs0-dc-burn-netbsd-1.5-0-gae55ec9
Package ipw-firmware: missing distfile ipw2100-fw-1.2.tgz
Package iwi-firmware: missing distfile ipw2200-fw-2.3.tgz
Package nvnet: missing distfile nvnet-netbsd-src-20050620.tgz
Package syslog-ng: missing distfile syslog-ng-3.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-06-10 16:45:09 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-facter to 2.4.4.
Released May 20, 2015
Facter 2.4.4 is a bug fix release in the Facter 2.4 series. It also
deprecates the --puppet command line option, since it caused circular load
dependencies. To run Facter in Puppet’s context, you should use the puppet
facts command instead.
* FACT-96: Deprecate ‘facter –puppet’
* FACT-628: facter returns incorrect value for facter virtual for Solaris Ldoms
* FACT-697: If NetworkManager is installed but not used facter throws a warning.
* FACT-975: On PPC64LE architecture, processors aren’t detected
* FACT-963: Remove pre-suite environment setup for AIO
Released April 2, 2015
Facter 2.4.3 is an AIO support release in the Facter 2.4 series that also
includes two improvements to performance, and multiple bug fixes.
AIO External Facts Directory Change
Changed external facts directory from /opt/puppetlabs/agent/facts.d to
/opt/puppetlabs/facter/facts.d on *nix. Windows is unchanged.
* FACT-826: Prepend AIO external facts directory for root
Improvements to Performance and Speed
* Reduced calls to ip link show for
performance. Facter::Util:IP.get_interface_value called
get_bonding_interface for every possible value, which could have caused
performance issues if many interfaces were being used.
* Improved the speed of puppetversion in standalone Facter. There is no
notable difference when calling Facter while Puppet is already
running. Previously, running Facter with --timing showed that puppetversion
was by far the slowest fact. This was not true when executed by Puppet, but
gave the impression that Puppet is slow.
* FACT-893: selinux_config_policy returns “unknown” on Debian and RHEL7
* FACT-596: Fix to selinux_config_policy, always returned “unknown” on
Debian and RHEL7.
* FACT-825: Default timeout for prtdiag in the ‘virtual’ fact is too low
for large Solaris systems
* FACT-830: xendomains returning empty on debian hosts
* FACT-834: Only load ec2 rest once to avoid double loading warnings
* FACT-888: Facter does not properly detect KVM when CPU type is not
* FACT-894: Prepend ~/.puppetlabs/opt/facter/facts.d to external search path
* FACT-805: use /etc/os-release on CoreOS
Full List of Issues
See Jira for a full list of issues resolved in Facter 2.4.3.
Facter 2.4.2 was not publicly released, and no packages were provided.
| 2015-03-08 17:57:12 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Wrong, fix typo.
| 2015-03-08 17:55:12 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (1) | |
Oops, really bump PKGREVISION.
| 2015-03-08 17:54:17 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
| 2015-02-13 14:55:58 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update ruby-facter to 2.4.1.
pkgsrc change: reduce conflict with adding pkg_alternatives support.
Changes from 1.7.5 are too many to write here, but version 2.4.1 fixes
CVE-2015-1426 security problem.