/watchman, Watches files and takes action when they change
4.7.0, Package name:
watchman-4.7.0, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
Watchman exists to watch files and record when they actually change.
It can also trigger actions (such as rebuilding assets) when matching
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-11-02) Updated to version: watchman-4.7.0
- (2016-10-30) Updated to version: watchman-3.1nb1
- (2015-04-26) Updated to version: watchman-3.1
- (2015-02-15) Updated to version: watchman-3.0.0
- (2014-08-24) Updated to version: watchman-2.9.8nb1
- (2014-08-10) Package added to pkgsrc.se, version watchman-2.9.8 (created)
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-11-01 15:54:02 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update sysutils/watchman to 4.7.0.
Watchman 4.7.0 (2016-09-10)
- Reduced memory usage by 40%
- Queries can now run with a shared lock.
- Added new glob generator as a walking strategy for queries.
- Added "case_sensitive": true option to queries to force matches to happen
in a case sensitive manner, even if the watched root is on a case
- Fixed a race condition during subscription initiation that could emit
incorrect clock values.
- Fixed spurious over-notification for parent directories of changed files
- Fixed some reliability issues on Windows
Watchman 4.6.0 (2016-07-09)
- Improved I/O scheduling when processing recursive deletes and deep
directory rename operations.
- Improved performance of the ignore_dirs configuration option on macOS and
- Added an optional recrawl recovery strategy for macOS that will attempt to
resync from the fseventsd journal rather than performing a full filesystem
- Fixed accidental exponential time complexity issue with recursive deletes
and deep directory rename operations on case-insensitive filesystems (such
- Added support for allowing non-owner access to a Watchman instance.
- Added support for inetd-style socket activation of the watchman service.
- Added the symlink_target field to the stored metadata for files.
- Fixed an issue where watchman may not reap child processes spawned by
- Fixed an issue where watchman may block forever during shutdown if there
are other connected clients.
- Added hint_num_dirs configuration option.
Watchman 4.5.0 (2016-02-18)
- Fixed an inotify race condition for non-atomic directory replacements that
was introduced in Watchman 4.4.
Watchman 4.4.0 (2016-02-02)
- Added state-enter and state-leave commands can allow subscribers to more
intelligently settle/coalesce events around hg update or builds.
- Fixed an issue where subscriptions could double-notify for the same
- Fixed an issue where subscriptions that never match any files add
O(all-observed-files) CPU cost to every subscription dispatch
Watchman 4.3.0 (2015-12-14)
- Improved handling of case insensitive renames; halved the memory usage and
doubled crawl speed on OS X.
Watchman 4.2.0 (2015-12-08)
- Increased strictness of checks for symlinks; rather than just checking
whether the leaf of a directory tree is a symlink, we now check each
component down from the root of the watch.
- Increased priority of the watchman process on OS X.
Watchman 4.1.0 (2015-10-20)
- Fixed an issue where symlink size was always reported as 0 on OS X using
the new bulkstat functionality
Watchman 4.0.0 (2015-10-19)
- Fixed an issue where a directory that was replaced by a symlink would
cause a symlink traversal instead of correctly updating the type of the
node and marking the children removed.
- Fixed a debugging log line that was emitted at the wrong log level on
every directory traversal.
Watchman 3.9.0 (2015-10-12)
- Fixed an issue where dir renames on OS X could cause us to lose track of
the files inside the renamed dir
- Fixed an issue where dir deletes and replacements on Linux could cause us
to lose track of the files inside the replaced dir (similar to the OS X
issue above in manifestation, but a different root cause).
- Improved (re)crawl speed for dirs with more than a couple of entries on
average (improvement can be up to 5x for dirs with up to 64 entries on
- Improved (re)crawl speed on OS X 10.10 and later by using getattrlistbulk.
- Add optional sync_timeout to the clock command
- Avoid accidentally passing descriptors other than the stdio streams when
we spawn the watchman service.
- Fixed a race condition where we could start two sets of watcher threads
for the same dir if two clients issue a watch or watch-project at the same
- Added a helpful error for a tmux + launchd issue on OS X
Watchman 3.8.0 (2015-09-14)
- Improved latency of processing kernel notifications.
- Improved idle behavior.
- Improved inotify move tracking.
- Hardened statedir and permissions.
- Fixed a possible deadlock in the idle watch reaper
- Fixed an issue where the watchman -p log-level debug could drop log
notifications in the CLI
- Disabled the IO-throttling-during-crawl that we added in 3.7. It proved to
be more harmful than beneficial.
- -j CLI option now accepts either JSON or BSER encoded command on stdin
- Added capabilities to the server, and added the capabilityCheck method to
the python and node clients.
Watchman 3.7.0 (2015-08-05)
- Fixed bug where query match on foo*.java with wholename scope would
incorrectly match foo/bar/baz.java.
- Added src/**/*.java recursive glob pattern support to query match.
- Added options dictionary to query's match operator.
- Added includedotfiles option to query match to include files whose names
start with ..
- Added noescape option to query match to make \ match literal \.
- We'll now automatically age out and stop watches.
- watch-project will now try harder to re-use an existing watch and avoid
creating an overlapping watch.
- Reduce I/O priority during crawling on systems that support this
- Fixed issue with the long long data type in the python BSER module
Watchman 3.5.0 (2015-06-29)
- Fix the version number reported by watchman.
Watchman 3.4.0 (2015-06-29)
- trigger now supports an optional relative_root argument.
Watchman 3.3.0 (2015-06-22)
- query and subscribe now support an optional relative_root argument.
| 2016-10-29 22:14:42 by Filip Hajny | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Use proper configure arg instead of wrong subst that leaked DESTDIR.
Clean up. PKGREVISION bump.
| 2015-11-04 02:32:42 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (499) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for sysutils category
Problems found with existing digests:
Package memconf distfile memconf-2.16/memconf.gz
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package dc-tools: missing distfile dc-tools/abs0-dc-burn-netbsd-1.5-0-gae55ec9
Package ipw-firmware: missing distfile ipw2100-fw-1.2.tgz
Package iwi-firmware: missing distfile ipw2200-fw-2.3.tgz
Package nvnet: missing distfile nvnet-netbsd-src-20050620.tgz
Package syslog-ng: missing distfile syslog-ng-3.7.2.tar.gz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-04-26 11:39:06 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Should use PKGNAME_NOREV instead of PKGNAME for PLIST_SUBST, thanks tnn@ for \
| 2015-04-26 07:38:18 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
- Convert to MASTER_SITE_GITHUB, thanks tnn
- Add SUBST to set VARBASE for WATCHMAN_STATE_DIR
- Update 3.0.0 to 3.1
.. ChangeLog doesn't seem to be available
| 2015-03-15 16:28:24 by Tobias Nygren | Files touched by this commit (1) |
wants to link with pthreads
| 2015-02-14 23:36:53 by Niclas Rosenvik | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Update watchman to version 3.0.0.
Delete patches since they have been applied upstream.
Changelog is not available.
| 2014-08-23 22:13:59 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (5) | |
Fix build on NetBSD 6 and FreeBSD 9.
From Niclas Rosenvik.