/dict-server, Dictionary Service Protocol server
1.12.1nb1, Package name:
dict-server-1.12.1nb1, Maintainer: cheusov
The Dictionary Server Protocol (DICT) is a TCP transaction based
query/response protocol that allows a client to access dictionary
definitions from a set of natural language dictionary databases.
dictd(8) is a server which supports the DICT protocol.
dictzip(1) is a compression program which creates compressed files in the
gzip format (see RFC 1952). However, unlike gzip(1), dictzip(1) compresses
the file in pieces and stores an index to the pieces in the gzip header.
This allows random access to the file at the granularity of the compressed
pieces (currently about 64kB) while maintaining good compression ratios
(within 5% of the expected ratio for dictionary data). dictd(8) uses files
stored in this format.
Required to run:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2013-07-12) Updated to version: dict-server-1.12.1nb1
- (2012-07-22) Updated to version: dict-server-1.12.1
- (2011-05-07) Updated to version: dict-server-1.12.0nb1
- (2011-02-03) Updated to version: dict-server-1.12.0
- (2009-12-31) Updated to version: dict-server-1.11.2
- (2009-12-22) Updated to version: dict-server-1.9.15nb2
CVS history: (Expand)