/icu, Robust and full-featured Unicode services
59.1, Package name:
icu-59.1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
The International Components for Unicode(ICU) is a C and C++ library that
provides robust and full-featured Unicode support on a wide variety of
platforms. The library provides:
- Calendar support
- Character set conversions
- Collation (language-sensitive)
- Date & time formatting
- Locales (140+ supported)
- Message catalogs (resources)
- Message formatting
- Number & currency formatting
- Time zones
- Word, line & sentence breaks
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-23) Updated to version: icu-59.1
- (2016-12-13) Updated to version: icu-58.2
- (2016-12-04) Updated to version: icu-58.1
- (2016-04-12) Updated to version: icu-57.1
- (2016-02-14) Updated to version: icu-56.1nb1
- (2015-10-10) Updated to version: icu-56.1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-24 23:20:10 by Maya Rashish | Files touched by this commit (1) |
icu: require at least GCC 4.8
we need some c++11 (uchar16_t)
It's possible that lower will suffice
fixes build under netbsd 6.0 (gcc 4.5.3)
| 2017-04-24 14:25:09 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Remove -std=c++11 from here, it causes breakage in code that uses
C++11 extensions or wants C++14.
| 2017-04-23 11:58:31 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add -std=c++11 to CXXFLAGS.
icu uses char16_t in a central header file; this type is added by c++11.
| 2017-04-22 22:11:45 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (22) | |
* Emoji 5.0 data
* Includes bidi data files from Unicode 10 beta.
* Includes segmentation data files and rules from Unicode 10 beta and CLDR 31.0.1.
* Does not yet include the Emoji_Component property.
* Otherwise ICU 59 continues to use Unicode 9 data.
* Including updates for emoji 5.0, for example local names for England, \
Scotland, and Wales.
* GMT and UTC are no longer unified, and CLDR provides distinct UTC display \
names, avoiding confusion with standard (winter) time in Britain.
* See the CLDR download page for other CLDR features and migration issues in \
New case mapping API (C++ & Java classes CaseMap) supports styled text.
| 2016-12-12 18:46:39 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Updates in ICU 58.2
* CLDR 30.0.3
* Time zone database version 2016j
* ICU SVN repository structure change. See the note on the Source Code Access \
page for more information.
* 12815 uspoof_getSkeleton sets backwards-incompatible illegal argument exception
* 12822 digitlist.cpp won't compile on msvc under Node.js
* 12825 uspoof_check goes into an "infinite loop" when U+30FB is in an \
* 12832 GreekUpper::toUpper skips the final character on a non-terminated UTF-8 \
* 12849 u_strToTitle returns incorrect length if destination is NULL
* 12868 uprv_convertToPosix() Windows bug
| 2016-12-08 13:15:43 by Sebastian Wiedenroth | Files touched by this commit (1) |
needs c99, fixes SunOS
| 2016-12-04 10:01:20 by Adam Ciarcinski | Files touched by this commit (1) |
PLIST fix for Darwin
| 2016-12-04 05:11:33 by Ryo ONODERA | Files touched by this commit (10) | |
Update to 58.1
* Fix regression with upstream patch,
CLDR 30.0.2: For details of the many changes in CLDR, see CLDR 30. Some \
things to note:
For some combinations of numbering system (arab, arabext, latn) and/or \
locale (ar, fa, he), there were changes to the bidirectional control characters \
used with certain symbols (percent, minus, plus), and changes to number patterns \
(currency and/or percent, including addition of bidirectional control characters \
in some cases).
New in this release, the bidirectional controls used for such purposes \
include U+061C ARABIC LETTER MARK (ALM), which requires use of the bidirectional \
algorithm from Unicode 6.3 or later.
The time separator for Norwegian locales (nb, nn) was changed to be ':' \
Unicode 9.0: Version 9.0 adds exactly 7,500 characters, for a total of \
128,172 characters. These additions include six new scripts, 19 symbols for the \
new 4K TV standard, and 72 new emoji characters.
Draft Emoji 4.0 data
Emoji updates for word & line breaking. (#12664 & Unicode 9 \
UBiDiTransform/BidiTransform API for convenient transformation of text \
between different Bidi layouts. (#11679)
MeasureFormat API for measurement unit display names. (#12029)
Most COUNT and LIMIT enum constants have been deprecated. (#12420)
SpoofChecker: Handling of "whole script confusables" has been \
removed from ICU, in accordance with its removal from UTS #39 Version 9.0.0 and \
the removal of the corresponding Unicode data file. (#12549)
Greek uppercasing ("el" locale ID) removes most diacritics. (#5456)
More robust locale data loading across ICU implementation code.
Reduced heap memory usage in DateTimePatternGenerator. (#11782)
ICU4C Specific Changes
The layout engine code has been removed; the ParagraphLayout is not \
deprecated and remains (and must now be built on top of HarfBuzz). See \
Windows: Supports & requires Visual Studio 2015.