/p5-Pod-Markdown, Convert POD to Markdown
3.005nb1, Package name:
p5-Pod-Markdown-3.005nb1, Maintainer: pkgsrc-users
This module subclasses Pod::Parser and converts POD to Markdown.
Literal characters in Pod that are special in Markdown (like
*asterisks*) are backslash-escaped (except those in verbatim
blocks or C<code> sections).
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: (Expand) SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-06-09) Updated to version: p5-Pod-Markdown-3.005nb1
- (2016-06-05) Updated to version: p5-Pod-Markdown-3.005
- (2015-10-17) Updated to version: p5-Pod-Markdown-3.003
- (2015-06-12) Updated to version: p5-Pod-Markdown-2.002nb1
- (2014-09-12) Updated to version: p5-Pod-Markdown-2.002
- (2014-05-30) Updated to version: p5-Pod-Markdown-1.500nb1
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-06-08 21:25:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2236) | |
Bump PKGREVISION for perl-5.24.
| 2016-06-05 09:29:14 by Wen Heping | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 3.005
- Fix pod.
- Leave email addresses (<firstname.lastname@example.org>) in tact for Markdown to process.
Thanks to Andreas Boesen for reporting [rt-112631].
| 2015-10-17 14:39:25 by Wen Heping | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 3.003
- Bump Pod::Simple prereq to fix bugs that were causing test failures.
- Use Pod::Simple's nbsp_for_S(1) by default instead of handling S<> \
This means the feature can now also be disabled if desired.
- Portability improvements for non-ascii platforms.
- Add attribution to changelog.
- Increase Pod::Simple requirement to 3.26 for detected_encoding().
Thanks to Lee J for reporting! (gh-15).
- Literal ampersands and left angle brackets are encoded as html entities
when necessary to avoid interpretation as html.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2849 … odmarkdown
- Make accessors read/write (instead of read-only)
for consistency with Pod::Simple classes.
- Passing unknown arguments to the constructor now produces a warning
and in the future may throw an error.
- For consistency with the other html-entity changes, NBSP characters (U+00A0)
are now used literally for S<> sequences.
This also fixes a bug with code spans nested inside of S<> sequences.
- Add `html_encode_chars` attribute to allow customizing what characters
should be html entity encoded.
- Add `match_encoding` attribute to use the same encoding as the input pod
when writing to the output handle.
- Add `output_encoding` attribute to specify the desired encoding
to apply to the output handle.
- Add command line options corresponding to new module attributes.
- The script now defaults to UTF-8 encoding if no encoding options are specified.
Previous versions did not produce consistent output and would sometimes emit \
Closes gh-14 and rt-101536.
- Remove documentation for deprecated API
(parse_from_file(), parse_from_filehandle(), and as_markdown())
to further discourage use.
- Added Pod::Perldoc::ToMarkdown to enable `perldoc -o Markdown ...`
Pod::Markdown maintains a backward compatible interface that is incompatible
with perldoc's `-o` so this module has been added to enable the functionality.
Thanks to Alberto Sim繭es for investigating (gh-12) and providing some code \
to fix it (gh-13).
| 2015-09-05 15:35:57 by Makoto Fujiwara | Files touched by this commit (1) |
Add following line for make test
| 2015-06-12 12:52:19 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3152) |
Recursive PKGREVISION bump for all packages mentioning 'perl',
having a PKGNAME of p5-*, or depending such a package,
| 2014-09-12 11:02:33 by Wen Heping | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 2.002
- Docs: Add example of command line usage to Synopsis.
Thanks, Cindy Wang!
- Use double-asterisk instead of double-underscore for bold Markdown.
This allows bold and italic to be nested without confusing parsers.
Thanks to Mike Covington for the great pull request (gh-9)!
- Releasing previous (1.99) as stable
(now uses Pod::Simple instead of Pod::Parser).
See below for changes.
- Ignore worthless testing of empty links that fail with Pod::Simple 3.16.
- Change backend from Pod::Parser to Pod::Simple.
Previous documented API has been ported
however the Pod::Simple API should be preferred for new code.
- Improve escaping of markdown characters.
- Accept for/begin 'markdown' and 'html' regions by default.
- Represent over/back regions without items as blockquotes.
[Backward Incompatible Changes]
- E<> codes used to produce equivalent html entities (&foo;).
These now simply print the corresponding unicode character as utf-8.
If you desire alternate behavior please report a bug.
- Tabs are now expanded.
| 2014-05-30 01:38:20 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (3049) |
Bump for perl-5.20.0.
Do it for all packages that
* mention perl, or
* have a directory name starting with p5-*, or
* depend on a package starting with p5-
like last time, for 5.18, where this didn't lead to complaints.
Let me know if you have any this time.
| 2013-11-24 05:23:01 by Wen Heping | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 1.500
- Format url fragments (in links to perldoc sections)
according to the destination site (perldoc_url_prefix).
This makes links to sections work where they probably never did before.
They are also customizable.
- Use multiple backticks to delimit code spans
that contain literal backticks.
- Require Pod::Parser 1.51 for bug fixes.
- Change perldoc urls to point to metacpan.
- Recognize numbered pod items that do not have a period.
Thanks to Yasutaka ATARASHI for the pull request (gh-4).
- Remove extraneous blank line between verbatim paragraphs.
Thanks to Graham Ollis for the pull request (gh-5).
- Do not escape markdown characters inside links (or file paths).
Thanks to Taiki Kawakami for the pull request (gh-6).