/the_silver_searcher, Attempt to improve on ack, which itself is better than grep
1.0.2, Package name:
the_silver_searcher-1.0.2, Maintainer: leot
Why use ag?
* It searches through code about 3x-5x faster than ack.
* It ignores files matched by patterns in your .gitignore and .hgignore.
* If there are files in your source repo that you don't want to
search, just add their patterns to a .agignore file.
* It's written in C instead of perl, the lesser of two evils :)
* The binary name is 33% shorter than ack!
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2016-12-05) Updated to version: the_silver_searcher-1.0.2
- (2016-12-01) Updated to version: the_silver_searcher-1.0.1
- (2016-09-30) Updated to version: the_silver_searcher-0.33.0
- (2016-05-17) Updated to version: the_silver_searcher-0.32.0
- (2015-12-05) Updated to version: the_silver_searcher-0.31.0
- (2015-05-11) Updated to version: the_silver_searcher-0.30.0
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2016-12-05 11:09:44 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update textproc/the_silver_searcher to the_silver_searcher-1.0.2
- mmap() is slower than read() on MacOS. Default to using read() on MacOS
- Misc minor documentation improvements
| 2016-12-01 12:13:04 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (2) |
Fix build for DragonFlyBSD dirent(3) that does not have a dirent.d_reclen entry.
Thanks to <sevan> for testing it!
| 2016-12-01 10:28:34 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update textproc/the_silver_searcher to the_silver_searcher-1.0.1
- Remove support for old svn ignore format (1.6 and earlier)
- Misc bug fixes and improvements
- Add support for GLSL filetypes
- Add support for tld filetype
- Add support for protobuf filetype
- Add zsh completion function
- Misc bug fixes and improvements
| 2016-09-30 16:54:32 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Updated the_silver_searcher to 0.33.0.
Changes not found.
| 2016-05-17 12:22:44 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update textproc/the_silver_searcher to 0.32.0
o Take the MAINTAINERship
o add support for Chapel language
o add support for .factor file types
o add kotlin language file types
o add support for julia file types
o add support for qml files
o add support for typescript files
o add support for rdoc files
o add a cython filetype (#771)
o add support for velocity file types
o add support for rst file types
o add TOML file types support
o add support for crystal files
o default to smart-case when using file match (-g and -G). Fixes #724.
o add support for BitBake source files
o misc improvements and bug fixes
| 2015-12-05 15:17:08 by Leonardo Taccari | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update textproc/the_silver_searcher to 0.31.0.
o Switch MASTER_SITES to the author's site (in order to avoid the various
o Add support for Crystal file types
o Add support for Racket file types
o Add support for Standard ML file types
o Add support for Elixir file type
o Misc bugfixes
| 2015-11-04 03:00:17 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (797) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for textproc category
Problems found locating distfiles:
Package cabocha: missing distfile cabocha-0.68.tar.bz2
Package convertlit: missing distfile clit18src.zip
Package php-enchant: missing distfile php-enchant/enchant-1.1.0.tgz
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-05-11 13:08:57 by Thomas Klausner | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update to 0.30.0, provided by Jonathan Buschmann in PR 49886.
Support color on windows
--version show status of features chosen at compile-time
Add support for files: Mathematica, R, wsdl/wadl, Gentoo ebuild,
Velocity, Clojure (1.7), puppet, F#, Nim, Pike