/ruby-tzinfo, Daylight savings aware timezone library
1.2.3, Package name:
ruby23-tzinfo-1.2.3, Maintainer: taca
TZInfo provides daylight savings aware transformations between times in
TZInfo requires a source of timezone data. There are two built-in options:
1. The TZInfo::Data library (the tzinfo-data gem). TZInfo::Data contains a set
of Ruby modules that are generated from the [IANA Time Zone Database](http://www.iana.org/time-zones).
2. A zoneinfo directory. Most Unix-like systems include a zoneinfo directory
containing timezone definitions. These are also generated from the
[IANA Time Zone Database](http://www.iana.org/time-zones).
By default, TZInfo::Data will be used. If TZInfo::Data is not available (i.e.
if `require 'tzinfo/data'` fails), then TZInfo will search for a zoneinfo
directory instead (using the search path specified by
If no data source can be found, a `TZInfo::DataSourceNotFound` exception will be
raised when TZInfo is used. Further information is available
[in the wiki](http://tzinfo.github.io/datasourcenotfound) to help with
resolving `TZInfo::DataSourceNotFound` errors.
The default data source selection can be overridden using
Custom data sources can also be used. See `TZInfo::DataSource.set` for
Required to run:
] Required to build:
Master sites: SHA1:
Version history: (Expand)
- (2017-04-15) Updated to version: ruby23-tzinfo-1.2.3
- (2016-01-03) Updated to version: ruby200-tzinfo-1.2.2
- (2015-12-13) Updated to version: ruby200-tzinfo-0.3.46
- (2015-10-12) Updated to version: ruby200-tzinfo-0.3.45
- (2015-06-10) Updated to version: ruby200-tzinfo-0.3.44
- (2015-02-01) Updated to version: ruby200-tzinfo-0.3.43
CVS history: (Expand)
| 2017-04-15 17:11:23 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update ruby-tzinfo to 1.2.3.
* Reduce the number of String objects allocated when loading zoneinfo
* Make Timezone#friendly_identifier compatible with frozen string literals.
* Improve the algorithm for deriving the utc_offset from zoneinfo files. This
now correctly handles Pacific/Apia switching from one side of the
International Date Line to the other whilst observing daylight savings
* Fix an UnknownTimezone exception when calling transitions_up_to or
offsets_up_to on a TimezoneProxy instance obtained from Timezone.get_proxy.
* Allow the Factory zone to be obtained from the Zoneinfo data source.
* Ignore the /usr/share/zoneinfo/timeconfig symlink included in Slackware
* Fix Timezone#strftime handling of %Z expansion when %Z is prefixed with more
than one percent. #31.
* Support expansion of %z, %:z, %::z and %:::z to the UTC offset of the time
zone in Timezone#strftime. #31 and #67.
| 2016-01-03 06:17:23 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (4) | |
Update ruby-tzinfo to 1.2.2.
Version 1.2.2 - 8-Aug-2014
* Fix an error with duplicates being returned by Timezone#all_country_zones
and Timezone#all_country_zone_identifiers when used with tzinfo-data
v1.2014.6 or later.
* Use the zone1970.tab file for country timezone data if it is found in the
zoneinfo directory (and fallback to zone.tab if not). zone1970.tab was added
in tzdata 2014f. zone.tab is now deprecated.
Version 1.2.1 - 1-Jun-2014
* Support zoneinfo files generated with zic version 2014c and later.
* On platforms that only support positive 32-bit timestamps, ensure that
conversions are accurate from the epoch instead of just from the first
transition after the epoch.
* Minor documentation improvements.
Version 1.2.0 - 26-May-2014
* Raise the minimum supported Ruby version to 1.8.7.
* Support loading system zoneinfo data on FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Solaris.
* Add canonical_identifier and canonical_zone methods to Timezone. Resolves #16.
* Add a link to a DataSourceNotFound help page in the TZInfo::DataSourceNotFound
* Load iso3166.tab and zone.tab files as UTF-8.
* Fix Timezone#local_to_utc returning local Time instances on systems using UTC
as the local time zone. Resolves #13.
* Fix == methods raising an exception when passed an instance of a different
class by making <=> return nil if passed a non-comparable argument.
* Eliminate "require 'rational'" warnings. Resolves #10.
* Eliminate "assigned but unused variable - info" warnings. Resolves #11.
* Switch to minitest v5 for unit tests. Resolves #18.
Version 1.1.0 - 25-Sep-2013
* TZInfo is now thread safe. ThreadSafe::Cache is now used instead of Hash
to cache Timezone and Country instances returned by Timezone.get and
Country.get. The tzinfo gem now depends on thread_safe ~> 0.1.
* Added a transitions_up_to method to Timezone that returns a list of the times
where the UTC offset of the timezone changes.
* Added an offsets_up_to method to Timezone that returns the set of offsets
that have been observed in a defined timezone.
* Fixed a "can't modify frozen String" error when loading a Timezone from a
zoneinfo file using an identifier String that is both tainted and frozen.
* Support TZif3 format zoneinfo files (now produced by zic from tzcode version
* Support using YARD to generate documentation (added a .yardopts file).
* Ignore the +VERSION file included in the zoneinfo directory on Mac OS X.
* Added a note to the documentation concerning 32-bit zoneinfo files (as
included with Mac OS X).
Version 1.0.1 - 22-Jun-2013
* Fix a test case failure when tests are run from a directory that contains a
dot in the path (issue #29751).
Version 1.0.0 - 2-Jun-2013
* Allow TZInfo to be used with different data sources instead of just the
built-in Ruby module data files.
* Include a data source that allows TZInfo to load data from the binary
zoneinfo files produced by zic and included with many Linux and Unix-like
* Remove the definition and index Ruby modules from TZInfo and move them into
a separate TZInfo::Data library (available as the tzinfo-data gem).
* Default to using the TZInfo::Data library as the data source if it is
installed, otherwise use zoneinfo files instead.
* Preserve the nanoseconds of local timezone Time objects when performing
conversions (issue #29705).
* Don't add the tzinfo lib directory to the search path when requiring 'tzinfo'.
The tzinfo lib directory must now be in the search path before 'tzinfo' is
* Add utc_start_time, utc_end_time, local_start_time and local_end_time instance
methods to TimezonePeriod. These return an identical value as the existing
utc_start, utc_end, local_start and local_end methods, but return Time
instances instead of DateTime.
* Make the start_transition, end_transition and offset properties of
TimezonePeriod protected. To access properties of the period, callers should
use other TimezonePeriod instance methods instead (issue #7655).
| 2015-12-12 18:27:43 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update ruby-tzinfo to 0.3.46.
== Version 0.3.46 (tzdata v2015g) - 02-Dec-2015
* From version 2015e, the IANA time zone database uses non-ASCII characters in
country names. Backport the encoding handling from TZInfo::Data to allow
TZInfo 0.3.x to support Ruby 1.9 (which would otherwise fail with an invalid
byte sequence error when loading the countries index). Resolves #41.
| 2015-11-03 00:31:47 by Alistair G. Crooks | Files touched by this commit (161) |
Add SHA512 digests for distfiles for time category
Problems found with mismatching existing digests for:
Otherwise, existing SHA1 digests verified and found to be the same on
the machine holding the existing distfiles (morden). All existing
SHA1 digests retained for now as an audit trail.
| 2015-10-12 07:50:27 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update tuby-tzinfo to 0.3.45.
== Version 0.3.45 (tzdata v2015g) - 03-Oct-2015
* Updated to tzdata version 2015g
(http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz-announ … 00034.html).
| 2015-06-10 17:00:47 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update ruby-tzinfo to 0.3.44.
== Version 0.3.44 (tzdata v2015d) - 24-Apr-2015
* Updated to tzdata version 2015d
(http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz-announ … 00031.html).
| 2015-02-01 08:05:02 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (2) | |
Update ruby-tzinfo to 0.3.43.
== Version 0.3.43 (tzdata v2015a) - 31-Jan-2015
* Updated to tzdata version 2015a
(http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz-announ … 00028.html).
| 2014-10-25 05:34:49 by Takahiro Kambe | Files touched by this commit (3) | |
Update ruby-tzinfo to 0.3.42.
== Version 0.3.42 (tzdata v2014i) - 23-Oct-2014
* Updated to tzdata version 2014i
(http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz-announ … 00026.html).